**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Idea to help (slightly) with RNG

What if Kabam made available an item that would allow you to move the reel one additional spot? We have all had those troll rolls or abrupt stops before a good champ. Kabam could made it possible to get 2 of these per year. One could be available in a cash offer and the other could be a unit offer of 5-10k units. This way FTP players could still get one and those willing to fund the game by spending could get an additional.

Now I know the reels are designed to show almost jackpots so you keep spinning, and as a result Kabam might stop that practice or lessen the frequency of champs like AEgon/Doom/Ghost/Quake etc but still could be nice. It is almost like a Nexus, but you choose when to use it. Maybe you just can get one a year, but no more than two.

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,976 ★★★★★
    The reel is entertainment only. Has no bearing on what champ you'll get. That is decided as soon as you hit "stop".
  • FallencircusFallencircus Posts: 339 ★★★
    Where did I say that the reel had anything to do with the champ you get. I swear some people on this forum just like to be antagonistic.
    Of course the reel has no bearing and is for show and the champ you get is the same champ whether you spin or pop. My point is that this would allow you to chose the next champ in the reel instead of the one you land on.

As an example, I opened 4 5* crystals today. KG, Squidward, Electra and DD NF. Electra was right before AEgon, I could have used this item to move the reel one more champ and get AEgon instead of Electra.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,976 ★★★★★
    You said "move the reel 1 spot". We're saying that the reel is entertainment only. You can't move it one spot since every other champ are just for show. That's how the reel works. You are really just describing a nexus crystal like you already said. Plus what would you do for all of us who pop crystals instead of spinning?
  • Where did I say that the reel had anything to do with the champ you get. I swear some people on this forum just like to be antagonistic.
    Of course the reel has no bearing and is for show and the champ you get is the same champ whether you spin or pop. My point is that this would allow you to chose the next champ in the reel instead of the one you land on.

As an example, I opened 4 5* crystals today. KG, Squidward, Electra and DD NF. Electra was right before AEgon, I could have used this item to move the reel one more champ and get AEgon instead of Electra.

This whole comment right here and your posts suggests you think the reel has anything to do with the champ you get.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    I get what the OP is saying. They're basically asking for a way to select the next or previous Champ in the reel. However, the reel isn't connected to the server is my point. Essentially they would have to design a Crystal that connects every outcome in the reel to the server, and that's a great deal of work just to make a Crystal that basically allows you to choose whatever you want.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,598 Guardian

Where did I say that the reel had anything to do with the champ you get. I swear some people on this forum just like to be antagonistic.

You literally suggested that the champs just to the right or the left were indeed the ones that you “just missed”. When in fact, no. Kabam stops feel on who was already determined to be, and then potentially shows you some “desired” ones just next to it.

——-
    But what you’re asking for is basically a NEXUS crystal. And maybe Kabam could actually build that into a regular hero crystal.

Give the PC, 3*, 4*, etc.. a small chance to become a Nexus when you actually open it.
    1% (to maybe 5%) chance that opening a hero crystal would instead pop-up a Nexus Choice (select between 3 choices).

Would be a kool random gambling excitement, without just turning every single crystal into a Nexus.
  • WayntosWayntos Posts: 590 ★★
    the solution is don't spin just pop, then you can't say I was so close!!
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★

You do know you just completely contradicted your self in paragraph 3 right? After saying everyone is antagonistic in paragraph 1? As demonz said the reel is there for anything. There is no next champ as soon as the crystal is placed the champ you get shows up on the alliance board. The RNG choses the champ and that’s who you get. No next champ or champ before. On the nexus crystal the RNG choses 3 champs and you have a choice from them.

Rng is rng man.
  • JustapilgrimJustapilgrim Posts: 239 ★★
    You're asking that all crystals become Nexus crystals basically....
  • _Kill_Switch__Kill_Switch_ Posts: 270 ★★

You're asking that all crystals become Nexus crystals basically....

No, he/she is not. He/She literally listed only two ways to acquire the ability to do that per year, one through a cash offer and another through a unit purchase. That's 2 crystals a year.
  • _Kill_Switch__Kill_Switch_ Posts: 270 ★★

What if Kabam made available an item that would allow you to move the reel one additional spot? We have all had those troll rolls or abrupt stops before a good champ. Kabam could made it possible to get 2 of these per year. One could be available in a cash offer and the other could be a unit offer of 5-10k units. This way FTP players could still get one and those willing to fund the game by spending could get an additional.

Now I know the reels are designed to show almost jackpots so you keep spinning, and as a result Kabam might stop that practice or lessen the frequency of champs like AEgon/Doom/Ghost/Quake etc but still could be nice. It is almost like a Nexus, but you choose when to use it. Maybe you just can get one a year, but no more than two.

Honestly, despite the reel being just for show, I like it. My only gripe is that it just sounds like a more complicated version of a nexus.
  • LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    Just letting players reroll basic crystals and a combination with a bit of an increase of nexus crystals availably would be simpler.

The pool is so bad I still imagine even with rerolls pulling back to back shotty champs wouldn’t be unlikely, but might help a tiny bit.
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★

• RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,762 ★★★★★
    Mayis said:

There is no next or previous slots in random number generator. Thats why its rng.

You can generate two random numbers and have one move over to the next.

Still though, I don't think this is a good idea.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

More than a Nexus. It's an Item that allows you to pick whatever you want once or twice a year. You would essentially just use it when you see an adjacent Champ you want. I mean, points for being creative, but that's what it boils down to.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,598 Guardian

More than a Nexus. It's an Item that allows you to pick whatever you want once or twice a year. You would essentially just use it when you see an adjacent Champ you want. I mean, points for being creative, but that's what it boils down to.
    You’re right, in that it essentially would be a “pick-your-own” champ, even with the provision that you can only do 1 or 2 of them a year. Because you would be able to select WHICH time you would want to change it.

Just like current Chronometer, where you have all 13 different Rift Runs that you can pick the 1 time which lines up with what you actually want to get.

So my thought instead was having it be a small (random) percentage that when opening a crystal would pop-up like a “Jackpot Nexus“, and (just for that opening) give you the 3 Nexus choices instead of a single fixed Champ.
    So you would not be able to “save it” until the time comes along that the neighboring champ is just what you want.