**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gold and iso problem

ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
edited May 2020 in General Discussion
After ranking up my 6★ champ to rank 2 and a 5★ champ to rank 4. I'm out of iso and gold. They ate all of my iso, specially the 6★ one. Is kabam thinking about this problem?

Comments

• Well I mean, they both are cost rank ups....
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    I mean they are 6*s. I do feel like it should be lowered a little bit but that stuff is easy to come across.
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    Imran said:

6★ champ eating too much iso. Also duping a 5★ and 6★ champ, u will get the same iso as 4★. That's ridiculous.

ya that's what i do hate
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Rap said:

And there you have it! If you skip over building a foundation...the building is gonna fall in on ya eventually! Those with such shortages as gold and iso are trying to advance faster than they can produce resources! They have taken no time to build a foundation. This is the problem that is inherent in this game as time goes on few and few old, and now newer players, wanna waste a bunch of time grinding up pch shards to dupe 2 and 3 or even 4s. Everybody just wants to skip to the top! They crack open a decent five star and dump everything the got into em and come here crying for more or what there is plenty of in the game!

100% agree!!!
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 811 ★★★★
    People love beating this particular dead horse. The perceived gold and iso shortage is by design. It has always been kabam’s intention to control player progression in a way that keeps them playing and/or paying in order to progress their roster. They are not likely to change this because it’s obviously working. A larger number of players face gold shortages others face iso shortages and yet more face catalyst shortages while others face champion shortages. It’s all by design to control player progression and force players to choose what area of the game to focus. It’s also why there are timers, energy requirements, champion lockouts. The shady part is that you can choose to spend and bypass those roadblocks
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

People love beating this particular dead horse. The perceived gold and iso shortage is by design. It has always been kabam’s intention to control player progression in a way that keeps them playing and/or paying in order to progress their roster. They are not likely to change this because it’s obviously working. A larger number of players face gold shortages others face iso shortages and yet more face catalyst shortages while others face champion shortages. It’s all by design to control player progression and force players to choose what area of the game to focus. It’s also why there are timers, energy requirements, champion lockouts. The shady part is that you can choose to spend and bypass those roadblocks

You have some points, but miss others.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★

Why is it shady? Isn't that the way every single mobile game like this works?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Not to be rude, but if people spent all the time they do on the Forum asking for Gold in the Arena, I don't think we'd see as many of these. Lol.
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 811 ★★★★

Just my opinion. Not trying to pass it off as fact. From My experience other mobile games gave me a boost when spending it didn’t allow me to by pass game modes all together. In this game a player could spend $100-200 dollars a month on catalyst, shard and cavalier deals and not even need to participate in alliance mode at all and still keep pace or be ahead of 75% of players as far as progression goes.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    _ASDF_ said:

Rap said:

And there you have it! If you skip over building a foundation...the building is gonna fall in on ya eventually! Those with such shortages as gold and iso are trying to advance faster than they can produce resources! They have taken no time to build a foundation. This is the problem that is inherent in this game as time goes on few and few old, and now newer players, wanna waste a bunch of time grinding up pch shards to dupe 2 and 3 or even 4s. Everybody just wants to skip to the top! They crack open a decent five star and dump everything the got into em and come here crying for more or what there is plenty of in the game!

Why is this a problem? You made the choice to rank all them at once. How is you running out of resources their issue? It's not, it's a you issue. Do you expect a retailer to front you money because you didn't have enough to buy what you want or just give you money if what you bought takes it all? Entitled much?

Faulty analogies aside. You both glanced over the fact that 6*s take far more iso than 5*s... yet duping either has the same reward as a 4*. It doesn’t match the previous progression. Also the paltry increase in available gold in no way matches the increased demand. But... that’s by design and kabam has said as much.

But then... OP, you might as well do what the whales do. Buy tons of Cavs, when you’ve got thousands of ISO, you can sell or use as needed. See, kabam offers a solution!
    I glanced over nothing. Duping a 6* has zero to do with ranking a 6*. It has nothing to do with the statement at all. They don't hide how much it takes to rank any champion at all. So try again.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

Just my opinion. Not trying to pass it off as fact. From My experience other mobile games gave me a boost when spending it didn’t allow me to by pass game modes all together. In this game a player could spend $100-200 dollars a month on catalyst, shard and cavalier deals and not even need to participate in alliance mode at all and still keep pace or be ahead of 75% of players as far as progression goes.
    But wouldn't spending $200 a month on the game put such a player ahead of over 95% of all players in terms of spending? I'm not sure that is a fair comparison.

It actually isn't that easy to spend completely past the content. The easiest thing to buy is champions, or at least champion crystals. But the hardest thing to buy is rank up materials, in particular higher catalysts. In my own experience when I'm spending at all, it is virtually always on rank up offers not champion offers because having stepped way back on AQ and AW (my alliance now just kicks back and does Map 3 and lets 30k players enter war and get killed for the season rewards) that's where I tend to fall behind. Unless you want to spend on literally every silly offer that goes by, limiting to only the high value offers leaves you constrained on cats.

In fact, COWhale was a better example of this, as he could and did spend essentially an unlimited amount of money and thus basically had every champ at every rarity instantly. But even he was constrained on rank up resources. Not as constrained as the average player of course, but even he couldn't just max rank everything. If it was possible to do via spending, I'm pretty sure he would have. But not even he could do that.

Spending can get you all the champs. But I don't think it is possible to spend your way past someone doing higher AQ when it comes to rank up materials. There just aren't enough offers for those relative to the earning power of AQ. Even AQ 5x5 is likely to outrace all but the most ridiculously high spenders, unless they are themselves also doing significant AQ. And even then, I'm not sure there's enough catalyst offers.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    Imran said:

After ranking up my 6★ champ to rank 2 and a 5★ champ to rank 4. I'm out of iso and gold. They ate all of my iso, specially the 6★ one. Is kabam thinking about this problem?

What problem? It's your problem not mine, not Kabam's.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Imran said:

To think positively, if a rank up ate up all your gold and iso, then find ways to earn them back like grinding arena and EQs.

Just like if buying an apartment and car ate up all your savings, then work harder to earn more money. Hoping you can stay ahead of the wants and needs dilemma some days.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    _ASDF_ said:

_ASDF_ said:

_ASDF_ said:

Rap said:

Why is this a problem? You made the choice to rank all them at once. How is you running out of resources their issue? It's not, it's a you issue. Do you expect a retailer to front you money because you didn't have enough to buy what you want or just give you money if what you bought takes it all? Entitled much?

Faulty analogies aside. You both glanced over the fact that 6*s take far more iso than 5*s... yet duping either has the same reward as a 4*. It doesn’t match the previous progression. Also the paltry increase in available gold in no way matches the increased demand. But... that’s by design and kabam has said as much.

But then... OP, you might as well do what the whales do. Buy tons of Cavs, when you’ve got thousands of ISO, you can sell or use as needed. See, kabam offers a solution!
    I glanced over nothing. Duping a 6* has zero to do with ranking a 6*. It has nothing to do with the statement at all. They don't hide how much it takes to rank any champion at all. So try again.
    The resource meta has moved forward. Unfortunately for us, neither you or Kabam have followed suit. Which is why the forums are full of disgruntled players and 3-4 players defending Kabam’s every move. 🤣 it’s pretty comical.

We’re customers. We have a right to ask what we will of them. 🤷‍♂️ That’s how the cookie crumbles.
    "Resources Meta" so many buzzwords to make you sound cool.

So quit? You do nothing but complain about every aspect of the game. Everything sucks according to you. Kabam does nothing right and you think they owe you everything. Why are you still here? Why play the game? Why come to the forums and complain so much? I don't get it really. Why continue to be so mad at something all the time?

You think there is a resource problem. Myself and others have shown time after time that there isn't a resource problem. This game isn't about spring overall, it's about the long term marathon. That includes managing resources. You can ask what you will but stop being so butthurt when they don't do what they ask of you. But really, you should go find a game that makes you happy. This clearly isn't working for you.
    🤣 you crack me up. When you refer to “others” it’s basically you and GW + 1.

The game has dramatically increased in costs in all areas. Story, champ rank ups, AW and AQ have all increased in costs. That’s not a debatable fact, just math. As a paying customer I don’t like that the gold awarded for my efforts haven’t increased in a equitable manner. I feel there needs to be a general increase in gold of about say 20%. That would be a nice start. Sounds so unreasonable right?
    That’s true. But if you consider that 6*s are about 40x rarer than a 5* (10k shards / 255 per dupe), it’s pretty equitable that they cost a lot more to rank up.

Generally, I find that people who are complaining about Gold being an issue, tend to be those who are newer. Also, these complaints usually peak when there’s new content and players rush to finish these content, resulting in an influx of rank up materials that their resources (gold and ISOs) aren’t prepared to handle.

I believe a slight increase in gold influx is ideal, but not definitely required. People will need to learn to balance their intake of gold with their earning of rank up materials. Sometimes, stagnating a little is a good thing as you gather resources to make the next roster changing push.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Nocko said:

I've really enjoyed proliferation of the use of "meta"
    Really has made me laugh

Don't even get me started.