**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Waddya think abaout thing without thing's team

M1k0rinM1k0rin Posts: 605 ★★
Think without synergy, will you rank him up high for attack? R5 5* for example?

Comments

• TP33TP33 Posts: 1,593 ★★★★
    I’d probably hold off on ranking him up. He needs the champion + Hela + Angela At least as a 5* to be effective offensively. Otherwise I’d just take her to R4 for defense or something. Also you need a dupe and decent sig
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    To produce his insane damage he does need his full team but even without it he’s no slouch.
    He’s got a pretty quick ramp up to store those furies and he puts in decent damage. He also has a good amount of utility to go with it, especially awakened.

Would he be my first choice to R5? Perhaps not? But he’s certainly up there and I wouldn’t turn R5 Thing down for sure.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Also, I think it's perfectly acceptable to not like a champ for any given reason. Perhaps that's what's happening here?

For example, I don't like using Domino or Corvus. I'd prefer not to use them. Are they overrated? No. They definitely have their uses. It's just a personal preference of mine.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

The most overrated champion in the game by Far. I have Thing as a 5* and 6* and at r4 and 6* r1. I refuse to rank him because he's just not very useful outside of 3 or 4 synergies.

I think most of your posts are pretty spot-on, which is why this one confuses me. Care to elaborate?

Ignoring synergies, he's good for tons of matchups:

He's immune to nullify, making him great to take against basically any mystic champ...especially Sym Supreme. This also makes him a killer counter to Buffet and Pilfer nodes. There's at least 1 doozie of a fight in Act 6...buffed up Sym Supreme if I recall correctly, where he really shines.

He's immune to bleed, shock, and armor break, making him usable on nodes like Shock 30 and Biohazard. As mentioned before, these immunities make him a killer counter to Doom as well. No more unexpected slaps to the face.

He can trigger protection, which allows him to tank L3's, so he's viable for All or Nothing, Power Gain, and the flow tactic. Plus, it offers a lot of forgiveness if you slip up and take regular attacks from enemies with high attack rating.

He has a means of removing Unstoppable buffs, which can be helpful in quite a few otherwise tough situations. He's viable for the 6.2 Champion boss as a result and I used him to Solo the Hydra Adaptoid several times in 6.4.

He can ramp up his damage quickly and easily. Once ramped, the enemy can't do much to reduce his damage output. Plus, his damage output doesn't rely on critical hits, so crit resistance and armor aren't a big deterrent here.

I found him to be very practical in a ton of end-game content so far. I'm fairly certain you're also an end-game player. He seems to have a lot going for him, so I'm curious what it is about him you think is overrated? He seems to have a LOT going for him. I'm genuinely curious.
    When I say not very useful I'm speaking on Abyss, and act 6 content (meaning 6.3 and 6.4). He is useful with the synergies don't get me wrong and can tear through a lot of content. The issue is that act 6 is just so node specific that if you have to bring a team of synergies you won't be able to complete the entire lane taking up useless champion spots.
    I say he's overrated due to Lagacy's list of being the best 2019 champion. I had a science awakening gem between him and Torch and I took Torch up to rank 5 without hesitation. He's not a bad champion just not good enough for R5 for me because I already beat the Champion boss.
    Do you have a video for the Hydra Adaptoid boss. I would love to see that because I'm possibly missing something. I'm open to changing my opinion for sure.

The most overrated champion in the game by Far. I have Thing as a 5* and 6* and at r4 and 6* r1. I refuse to rank him because he's just not very useful outside of 3 or 4 synergies.

I think most of your posts are pretty spot-on, which is why this one confuses me. Care to elaborate?

Ignoring synergies, he's good for tons of matchups:

He's immune to nullify, making him great to take against basically any mystic champ...especially Sym Supreme. This also makes him a killer counter to Buffet and Pilfer nodes. There's at least 1 doozie of a fight in Act 6...buffed up Sym Supreme if I recall correctly, where he really shines.

He's immune to bleed, shock, and armor break, making him usable on nodes like Shock 30 and Biohazard. As mentioned before, these immunities make him a killer counter to Doom as well. No more unexpected slaps to the face.

He can trigger protection, which allows him to tank L3's, so he's viable for All or Nothing, Power Gain, and the flow tactic. Plus, it offers a lot of forgiveness if you slip up and take regular attacks from enemies with high attack rating.

He has a means of removing Unstoppable buffs, which can be helpful in quite a few otherwise tough situations. He's viable for the 6.2 Champion boss as a result and I used him to Solo the Hydra Adaptoid several times in 6.4.

He can ramp up his damage quickly and easily. Once ramped, the enemy can't do much to reduce his damage output. Plus, his damage output doesn't rely on critical hits, so crit resistance and armor aren't a big deterrent here.

I found him to be very practical in a ton of end-game content so far. I'm fairly certain you're also an end-game player. He seems to have a lot going for him, so I'm curious what it is about him you think is overrated? He seems to have a LOT going for him. I'm genuinely curious.
    When I say not very useful I'm speaking on Abyss, and act 6 content (meaning 6.3 and 6.4). He is useful with the synergies don't get me wrong and can tear through a lot of content. The issue is that act 6 is just so node specific that if you have to bring a team of synergies you won't be able to complete the entire lane taking up useless champion spots.
    I say he's overrated due to Lagacy's list of being the best 2019 champion. I had a science awakening gem between him and Torch and I took Torch up to rank 5 without hesitation. He's not a bad champion just not good enough for R5 for me because I already beat the Champion boss.
    Do you have a video for the Hydra Adaptoid boss. I would love to see that because I'm possibly missing something. I'm open to changing my opinion for sure.
    Fair enough. Thanks for the reply.

In fact, I do have a video of the Hydra Adaptoid fight...I just haven't uploaded it yet. I'll see if I can't get it uploaded tonight. When I do, I'll post it here and tag you.
    edited May 2020
    Thanks, I keep this discussion bookmarked! I think the Things signature ability is really down played because my Thing's (5* and 6*) are undupped so that might be contributing as to why I don't find him as valuable.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    I generally like thing. He's tanky, quite simple to play and his awakened ability seems great. I personally do not like the "living on the edge" playstyle so I don't use his god synergy, but even alone he can take a punch as well as give one. He also has nice utility (armorbreak, shock, nullify, bleed immunity, dmg cap, cancelling unstop), which makes him usable.

Also he himself has above average base attack and hp and he can double/triple (don't remember) his dmg via fury, which comes easily
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,833 ★★★★★
    I mean ghost needs wasp and antman to see her true damage

@TheTalents
    Sorry for the wait. Clearly not the cleanest fight, but I think it serves as a testament to how good Thing really is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QNzLdMJsro

Great fight! What in Thing's abilities allows him to get rid if unstoppable? Didn't know he can do that.
    “Special attacks
    For the next 8 seconds, Thing’s attacks Nullify all Unstoppable buffs when striking the Opponent “

@TheTalents

It makes him excellent against Juggernaut as well.
    Nice! Thanks for sharing!