**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Red Rift Refunding Error

Something is wrong with the red rifts. I left the quest and it appeared a message saying this: ANY ITEMS SPENT TO OPEN GATES WILL BE REFUNDED.
I looked into my inventory and i had none of the intel refunded, can anyone help me with this?

Comments

• Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I don't think it says that. You might have misread
  • JorgeLastiri2018JorgeLastiri2018 Posts: 7
    I have a screenshot of the actual message..
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    I'm pretty sure they meant the chronometer would be refunded as that literally opens a gate on the map
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    You didn't used any intel to open any gate.
    You used intel to start the quest, which then you decided to quit it. You don't get anything back
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,413 Guardian
    You shouldn’t QUIT a quest.

You can, however, leave it by just going thru the top menu, like if you want to go buy the Chronometer (if hadn’t done so already), check your champs, go do an AQ path, etc.. And then CONTINUE the Rift quest.
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    Well post it, because it's never been that way for any rift ever. You can navigate away to buy something or do something else, but you can't exit the rift and get your detector or Intel back.

Why would you even exit the rift? People post they've left a rift and it makes zero sense.

You didn't open a gate. Like you didn't use a key to get through a gate, or in this case a chronometer. But you found and entered the rift with a detector, and I'm guessing you didn't screen shot the message that popped up when you actually went into the rift.
    Wonder if that is saying that so if you use the Chronometer, but accidentally chose the wrong portal (or entered with the carry-over 2* champs from Red Ops and used Chronometer without realizing you still had your 2* champs), that MAYBE they will let you keep the Chronometer.

Although that wouldn’t be good (unless they maybe only allow it prior to fighting first defender), because otherwise if you try a Chronometer path even with your BEST and happen to fail, you shouldn’t just get “basically” a do-over retry.

But INTEL (which is the “ENTRY FEE” to Re-Enter the Quest) will NOT be returned.

I left because i got 100 6 star shards, i know its not an intelligent choice... but i saw posts about this and i thought this was a bug or a mistake and for all i know it can be a Kabam mistake as it can be mine.
    Im just trying to figure it out why that message popped up before leaving the quest and i left to see if there was really something wrong because nothing was refunded and i dont know what does it mean by saying ITEMS WILL BE REFUNDED, what items?
    Sorry but i really dont understand lol

I left because i got 100 6 star shards, i know its not an intelligent choice... but i saw posts about this and i thought this was a bug or a mistake and for all i know it can be a Kabam mistake as it can be mine.
    Im just trying to figure it out why that message popped up before leaving the quest and i left to see if there was really something wrong because nothing was refunded and i dont know what does it mean by saying ITEMS WILL BE REFUNDED, what items?
    Sorry but i really dont understand lol

What did you see as buggy ? Getting 100x 6* shards ? That is the stated amount as one of the options at top of the Announcement Thread.

If you didn’t use Chronometer to get there, then don’t worry about it. Nothing lost that wasn’t said would be lost. Entry free (aka Intel) was said to be lost if you quit.
  • nwahster32nwahster32 Posts: 20
    Gate item (chronometer) will be refunded. Your rift detector was used to enter rift, not to open gate. Thus it was not returned to you. By now you should have noted that exiting rift will not get you back your detector. Now not only you lost your detector, you missed out on the 100 6* shards too.
    I meant a Bug when nothing was refunded, i dont care about the 6 star shards.
    Like i said before, i saw posts about this and decided to give it a try (MY BAD), and then realized that actually nothing was refunded.
    Basically my question was: What items are refunded?
    Im not trying to fight anyone dude, just asking if everything was ok with this or if it was an actual "BUG" or "PROBLEM" whatever you want to call it.
    Thanks for the info!
    Everything was OK. No bug. You just screwed up exiting a rift because you weren't happy you landed on 100 6* shards.

Basically, never ever exit a rift. Finish it. It's still 100 6* shards you didn't have before. Unless you brought a team that wasn't up to snuff, there is zero reason to exit a rift.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★

Basically my question was: What items are refunded?

The items you spent unlocking gates
  • mani274mani274 Posts: 93
    I just entered rifts with my 2* from my previous Red Rooms quest...Damn what a waste...!!!
    Too eager to get those 100 6* shards or 5 sig stones.
  • Crumb3307Crumb3307 Posts: 338 ★★
    Sounds like you teleported you 100 6*, thought you could exit and restart without buying a new entrance item, that would eliminate the randomness, and make the chronometer pointless. If that worked, you’d be able to enter/exit as many times as you want until you got the path you wanted.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

The only thing that opens a gate is the chronometer
  • Crumb3307 said:

Sounds like you teleported you 100 6*, thought you could exit and restart without buying a new entrance item, that would eliminate the randomness, and make the chronometer pointless. If that worked, you’d be able to enter/exit as many times as you want until you got the path you wanted.

I wish It was that easy, I'd have my new 6* by now
  • MGZZZZZthatguyMGZZZZZthatguy Posts: 12
    So I fat fingered in today’s rift opening the gate and using my c meter by mistake, shouldn’t Kabam be able to just restart the rift without losing it? I don’t want to use meter or lose a turn in rifts.
    Nothing gained, something lost if I exit to save meter! Idk
  • PosthumousdeathPosthumousdeath Posts: 14
    Maybe send in a ticket before moving any farther. See if they can help. Once you pick a path it’s likely too late.

Either pick what you want most from what's there and you're random for the rest or exit, lose one rift and be able to pick in a future rift. Excrement happens.
    edited May 2020
    crogs said:

Either pick what you want most from what's there and you're random for the rest or exit, lose one rift and be able to pick in a future rift. Excrement happens.
    That's if people have seen FOR SURE yet (?) whether exiting a Rift after mistakenly using the Chronometer branch would actually give you back the Chronometer.

Just speculation based on that message, but not sure anyone has had confirmation of that yet.

Which, same would go if you went the Chronometer path, went to something you wanted, but either (1) pressed on the wrong portal (ie, meant to do A, but fat fingered to B), or (2) were outclassed by the opponents on that path and can’t defeat the nodes, OR, WORSE- (3) forgot to swap out your 2* champs before you jumped on the Chronometer side.

Ether way, whether already jumping, or just moving the 1 step to left (which uses the Chrono), the wording would seem to imply ANY Quitting would give it back to you.

(just the Chrono, not any Intel/Entry Tickets)
    😀 (meant to say wanted to do portal A, but mistakenly selected B instead)
    I just wanted Kabam to refresh,refund or restart so I can do my random rift and get on with things, it was done for an alliance mate 2 days ago
    But to say that I moved means we won’t is stupid, I’m at the starting line smh
  • Account-specific requests are best handled by the Support Team. You can reach them from the game's home screen by clicking the gear-shaped icon in the top-left corner of the screen and then scrolling down to the button labeled "Support".
This discussion has been closed.