**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Rift Awakening Gems question

I've heard people say different things about why you might see a specific class AG in a rift on a specific day. Some say it's a certain type of gem depending on the day of the week (eg. Mystic for Monday), some say you get the class of the target of the special objective for the day (Tech for Ghost). I assumed it was random, but if there's a strategy for getting a specific class gem I'd rather save my rift detector for that day. Does anything influence what gem you get in a rift, or is it actually just RNG?

Comments

• Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    It's random. You can run all your rifts in 1 day and see several different classes of Awakening Gem in the same day.
  • Jack_OHaraJack_OHara Posts: 92
    Awesome, thanks for the help
  • Candid_and_FrankCandid_and_Frank Posts: 35
    I saved for the chronometer with hopes of getting a skill gem. I’ve now entered 3 times since getting the chronometer. All 3 times had mutant gems. I also already have 2 mutant gems in storage. I know it’s supposedly random, but it sure doesn’t feel that way at this point.
  • SPIDER_MANSPIDER_MAN Posts: 136
    edited May 2020
    Bought cronometer and done 3 rifts, it’s a tech gem each time
  • LogarooLogaroo Posts: 100
    2 rifts so far and its been skill each time. Looking for science.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    Logaroo said:

2 rifts so far and its been skill each time. Looking for science.

I had science today and skipped it (unduped cap iw) , looking for skill lol
  • 007md92007md92 Posts: 1,381 ★★★★
    And introduction to awk gem crystal fragments can be something attractive
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

I saved for the chronometer with hopes of getting a skill gem. I’ve now entered 3 times since getting the chronometer. All 3 times had mutant gems. I also already have 2 mutant gems in storage. I know it’s supposedly random, but it sure doesn’t feel that way at this point.

I wanted science. It's the only gem I've never pulled. Pulled multiple gems of every other class. 1st run with the chronometer was mystic. 2nd was science. It's random. Got my science and then next run was cosmic and I got my 7th cosmic gem lol.
  • ZeepZorpZeepZorp Posts: 111 ★★
    Seen three so far. All of them were mystic. If this goes on I'm never gonna find a skill gem lol.
  • Salamandah_881Salamandah_881 Posts: 5
    Guys, I’ve opened five rifts now and all of them have been mystic. It’s definitely not random and I’ve been saving my chronometer for so long
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    DeathLove said:

Which class AG you need it won't come.
    Most people have this problem...

Proving to be all too true... I need anything but Tech, and every time I've gone in, it's been tech....
  • EarnestDaGr8EarnestDaGr8 Posts: 1
    Maybe there’s a pattern or something, idk, I just know that I’ve gotten everything but Science, and I have 100 signature stones waiting on my Human Torch awaiting.
  • Swartzy84Swartzy84 Posts: 81
    this RNG is crazy & unfair...went for the chronometer first...got 11 tries...but no mutant AG... I found:cosmic,science,skill,tech,science,tech,science,science,cosmic,tech,tech...I think I wont get what I want, even If I have the chronometer...tks kabam🤮🤮🤮