**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Can we have a middle difficulty in future Variants?

KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
edited May 2020 in Suggestions and Requests
I honestly get no hype out of variants because they’re either stupidly easy (classic) or stupidly hard (variant). The Variant difficulty is mainly for endgame or near endgame players, which means that there is nothing for progressing players. I consider myself a progressing player (just finished Act 5 and can 100% explore Uncollected EQ every month). I feel like it’s not too much to ask for a middle level of Variants that offers 4 and 5 star shards or something of the sort because Variants are basically pointless for progressing players and no hype comes out of it. I would love a middle difficulty! Please consider this Kabam.

Comments

• LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    So just to understand where some players heads are at.

Act 7 difficulty needs to be lowered, act 6 needs to be lowered still along with variant under act act 6 difficult? This is a massive drop in difficulty. From what I've seen people want variant level difficulty for act 6+ or variant like nodes to help with damage, but can't imagine the level of difficulty reduction that endgamers want would satisfy the average player.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    You’re kinda missing the point.
  • edricedric Posts: 59

edric said:

Most of the comments here are unbelievable. The OP is asking for something very reasonable: a middle difficulty in the variant quests for progressing accounts. Whether Variant was not designed to have multiple difficulties, or whether there is no 'easy' version of LoL or AoL is besides the point.

It is very clear that the variant quests are beyond mid tier/progressing accounts. If you think it is a bad idea to have an intermediate difficulty version then you are a part of the problem in this game.

Continue with this elitist 'git-gud' behaviour. Do you want to wake up one day and realize there are only you end gamers left? If you think at that point the game is gonna be fun then you and Kabam should rightly pat yourselves on your backs. You are heading in the right direction!

Actually no it’s people like the op and you that are more of a problem
    Trying to shift the game towards things that don’t matter just to satisfy a kid that thinks he’s entitled
    Variants are soooooooooooooooooo much easier than any other “endgame” content minus v1 but you don’t even have to touch that one
    Honestly until you reach act 6 you shouldn’t complain about game content
    You must be a keyboard warrior defending people who clearly have it easier, much more opportunities and easier content against us “elitist” that simply tell them to get gud
    Honestly they should get good
    Us “elitist” are tired of the constant garbage being through into the game
    From bad side EQ, to act 6 and beyond, and horrible game mechanics and nodes
    He can do act 5 100% if he wants or do Variant little by little
    There is no reason to complain for people at his level
    From much easier resources to get to champs that make it ridiculously easier, ohh and as a matter of a fact he doesn’t need any specific champ to progress any champ will do
    Plus you can do Variant with 4 stars, which is how I did the first 2 when they came out
    Btw be realistic instead of trying to be all dramatic about it you sound like a clueless journalist
    Look at this rant you just produced. Who is the keyboard warrior now? So because you 'suffered' to do the first 2 variants with 4 stars others should also do that too? Wow. And you think the OP is entitled? Look in the mirror dude you clearly don't have any concept of quality of life changes/evolution. Listen to yourself- your argument lacks logic and is soo simple you sound incredibly stupid.
  • SamMarquezSamMarquez Posts: 213
    I have completed variant 1 and 4 you will get there eventually.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

edric said:

Most of the comments here are unbelievable. The OP is asking for something very reasonable: a middle difficulty in the variant quests for progressing accounts. Whether Variant was not designed to have multiple difficulties, or whether there is no 'easy' version of LoL or AoL is besides the point.

It is very clear that the variant quests are beyond mid tier/progressing accounts. If you think it is a bad idea to have an intermediate difficulty version then you are a part of the problem in this game.

Continue with this elitist 'git-gud' behaviour. Do you want to wake up one day and realize there are only you end gamers left? If you think at that point the game is gonna be fun then you and Kabam should rightly pat yourselves on your backs. You are heading in the right direction!

Thats the whole point of permanent content. So progressing roster can progress into being able to do them. What you and op are saying is because your roster can't quite do the content now, you want a lower difficulty for the shear reason being you can't handle the current difficulty.

All accounts have to start at the bottom and work their way up. That's exactly what progress is. There was a time where I could barely handle master difficulty in EQs, now they are easy.

Come back to it when you are ready. There's zero reason to go through a whole design process so people can feel included.
    Exactly. There's so much content that op could focus on and the content they are suggesting wouldn't benefit them in any meaningful capacity
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

edric said:

Thats the whole point of permanent content. So progressing roster can progress into being able to do them. What you and op are saying is because your roster can't quite do the content now, you want a lower difficulty for the shear reason being you can't handle the current difficulty.

All accounts have to start at the bottom and work their way up. That's exactly what progress is. There was a time where I could barely handle master difficulty in EQs, now they are easy.

Come back to it when you are ready. There's zero reason to go through a whole design process so people can feel included.
    Exactly. There's so much content that op could focus on and the content they are suggesting wouldn't benefit them in any meaningful capacity
    Also, people would end up complaining that the energy costs of doing these new "middle mode" quests, along with EQ, and story progression would be too much. There is already plenty of ways to progress in this game relatively quickly without the addition of even more permanent content.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    edric said:

Thank you very much, I highly appreciate this response. I just don't think they understand that the intention of Variants can be slightly changed to accommodate for ALL players. Why do the endgame players care anyways? They still will be getting their rewards and will still be doing their Variant difficulty. Let the progressing players have something fun to do with it as well.

edric said:

Thank you very much, I highly appreciate this response. I just don't think they understand that the intention of Variants can be slightly changed to accommodate for ALL players. Why do the endgame players care anyways? They still will be getting their rewards and will still be doing their Variant difficulty. Let the progressing players have something fun to do with it as well.
    It seems to be you guys that don't understand. All content is not meant for all players at their current progression level. That completely defeats the point of having a game designed around account progression.
    Why do you care if we get anything? You're already an endgame player (I'm presuming from your response), so why does it matter to you if there's another difficulty of Variant?? It doesn't affect you. You will still have your Variant difficulty, that won't be touched. A middle difficulty of Variant will aid in progression, hope this helps.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Progressing players already have something fun to do. It's called labyrinth of legends, act 5, act 6, and uncollected difficulty of the monthly quest.

Upon creating the variant quests, it was stated multiple times that it was meant to be for endgame players. It was designed and structured to be like that. Changing how the whole system works right now would not be a good idea at all.

They won't simply add another difficulty there and add extra rewards for less effort. Even if they created a "choose your difficulty" option where you could choose which difficulty to do, people would just complain in the future that they wanted to be able to play the harder mode, which is what they choosed not to do.

Leave it as it is is the best for everyone

To add to this, progressing players should find difficulty in other aspects of the game. If you're easily able to 100% Uncollected EQ then you are likely able to handle completion of Variant 2 and up, even with a less than optimal roster with the use of items and units.

If players struggle to 100% Uncollected EQ, then there are a multitude of avenues to increase your power and skills to be able to complete this content consistently, and eventually move onto the Variants.

For the "Elitsts" and End Game players, they enjoy having the difficulty of Variant because Uncollected EQ is too easy for them, act 6 is completed with some difficulty, and same with AOL. Variant is the only other content that actually allows for a challenging experience. All of the challenges are permanent content, and once they've been explored they are left with nothing to challenge them.

TLDR it's way easier for progressing players to have consistently challenging content appropriate for their ability, than it is for the end game players who get drip fed a challenge now and again.

edric said:

It seems to be you guys that don't understand. All content is not meant for all players at their current progression level. That completely defeats the point of having a game designed around account progression.
    Why do you care if we get anything? You're already an endgame player (I'm presuming from your response), so why does it matter to you if there's another difficulty of Variant?? It doesn't affect you. You will still have your Variant difficulty, that won't be touched. A middle difficulty of Variant will aid in progression, hope this helps.
    I don't want the dev team wasting time building something no one needs which just makes actual content take even longer to come out
    to "build something no one needs" huh? What if progressing players want it and are annoyed at being left out by all Variants?
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

edric said:

I don't want the dev team wasting time building something no one needs which just makes actual content take even longer to come out
    to "build something no one needs" huh? What if progressing players want it and are annoyed at being left out by all Variants?
    Are you left out by Abyss and Act 6? They're made for the same player groups. They were introduced as something in-between story content for players that log in and see 100% across the board in everything for months on end.