**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Can we have a middle difficulty in future Variants?

Comments

• ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

edric said:

Most of the comments here are unbelievable. The OP is asking for something very reasonable: a middle difficulty in the variant quests for progressing accounts. Whether Variant was not designed to have multiple difficulties, or whether there is no 'easy' version of LoL or AoL is besides the point.

It is very clear that the variant quests are beyond mid tier/progressing accounts. If you think it is a bad idea to have an intermediate difficulty version then you are a part of the problem in this game.

Continue with this elitist 'git-gud' behaviour. Do you want to wake up one day and realize there are only you end gamers left? If you think at that point the game is gonna be fun then you and Kabam should rightly pat yourselves on your backs. You are heading in the right direction!

Thank you very much, I highly appreciate this response. I just don't think they understand that the intention of Variants can be slightly changed to accommodate for ALL players. Why do the endgame players care anyways? They still will be getting their rewards and will still be doing their Variant difficulty. Let the progressing players have something fun to do with it as well.
    It seems to be you guys that don't understand. All content is not meant for all players at their current progression level. That completely defeats the point of having a game designed around account progression.
    Why do you care if we get anything? You're already an endgame player (I'm presuming from your response), so why does it matter to you if there's another difficulty of Variant?? It doesn't affect you. You will still have your Variant difficulty, that won't be touched. A middle difficulty of Variant will aid in progression, hope this helps.
    I don't want the dev team wasting time building something no one needs which just makes actual content take even longer to come out
    to "build something no one needs" huh? What if progressing players want it and are annoyed at being left out by all Variants?
    Then they have a goal to progress to. Its permanent content. Its not going anywhere. There's monthly EQs to do on various difficulties that is appropriate for their skill and capabilities.
  • plpkokplpkok Posts: 152
    Classic level is just a stroll down memory lane. Variant level is intended to not be for everyone and was described as such upon release. Even stating how it is permanent content so it will be there when your ready. Just like other more difficult content.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

Progressing players already have something fun to do. It's called labyrinth of legends, act 5, act 6, and uncollected difficulty of the monthly quest.

Upon creating the variant quests, it was stated multiple times that it was meant to be for endgame players. It was designed and structured to be like that. Changing how the whole system works right now would not be a good idea at all.

They won't simply add another difficulty there and add extra rewards for less effort. Even if they created a "choose your difficulty" option where you could choose which difficulty to do, people would just complain in the future that they wanted to be able to play the harder mode, which is what they choosed not to do.

Leave it as it is is the best for everyone

To add to this, progressing players should find difficulty in other aspects of the game. If you're easily able to 100% Uncollected EQ then you are likely able to handle completion of Variant 2 and up, even with a less than optimal roster with the use of items and units.

If players struggle to 100% Uncollected EQ, then there are a multitude of avenues to increase your power and skills to be able to complete this content consistently, and eventually move onto the Variants.

For the "Elitsts" and End Game players, they enjoy having the difficulty of Variant because Uncollected EQ is too easy for them, act 6 is completed with some difficulty, and same with AOL. Variant is the only other content that actually allows for a challenging experience. All of the challenges are permanent content, and once they've been explored they are left with nothing to challenge them.

TLDR it's way easier for progressing players to have consistently challenging content appropriate for their ability, than it is for the end game players who get drip fed a challenge now and again.
    First of all, I'd like to commend you on your response because it's the first response where someone opposing this argument has not just bashed sh** up my face or just told me that "no one wants that". Everything you say is commendable, which I appreciate. I just don't know why there is such a disparity in difficulty level between Classic and Variant.
    Sorry for responding to different messages constantly, it's the unfortunate side to a forum.

The disparity is due to "Classic" being the exact way it was when it originally released. This was a time way before monthly EQs as we currently know them. "Variant" is giving a new and updated version with updated rewards for the higher end user.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

Progressing players already have something fun to do. It's called labyrinth of legends, act 5, act 6, and uncollected difficulty of the monthly quest.

Upon creating the variant quests, it was stated multiple times that it was meant to be for endgame players. It was designed and structured to be like that. Changing how the whole system works right now would not be a good idea at all.

They won't simply add another difficulty there and add extra rewards for less effort. Even if they created a "choose your difficulty" option where you could choose which difficulty to do, people would just complain in the future that they wanted to be able to play the harder mode, which is what they choosed not to do.

To add to this, progressing players should find difficulty in other aspects of the game. If you're easily able to 100% Uncollected EQ then you are likely able to handle completion of Variant 2 and up, even with a less than optimal roster with the use of items and units.

If players struggle to 100% Uncollected EQ, then there are a multitude of avenues to increase your power and skills to be able to complete this content consistently, and eventually move onto the Variants.

For the "Elitsts" and End Game players, they enjoy having the difficulty of Variant because Uncollected EQ is too easy for them, act 6 is completed with some difficulty, and same with AOL. Variant is the only other content that actually allows for a challenging experience. All of the challenges are permanent content, and once they've been explored they are left with nothing to challenge them.

TLDR it's way easier for progressing players to have consistently challenging content appropriate for their ability, than it is for the end game players who get drip fed a challenge now and again.
    First of all, I'd like to commend you on your response because it's the first response where someone opposing this argument has not just bashed sh** up my face or just told me that "no one wants that". Everything you say is commendable, which I appreciate. I just don't know why there is such a disparity in difficulty level between Classic and Variant.
    Classic isn't really meant to be a thing that is even relevant. Its just to show what the original was. Variant is meant for endgame players. There is so much other content that you can do, and I don't know why you're fixated on a variant but for mid level players. What would the content be like? What are the rewards? There is so much other content that you could focus on
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

Classic is just the original quest released again for those that never got to play it or anyone that wants to replay it for some reason. It's not new content
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    Variant quests are available to be played by mid-tier players. If you want to play them, go ahead and do so. You are not locked from everyone else here.

If you aren't able to complete them, then that is an issue on your part. It's hard, it's meant to be hard, and that won't change.

Before he had variants, mid-tier players weren't complaining for lack of content. In fact, it was the opposite, and were complaining about having tons of content to do.
    Now that we have Variants, this thread appears ... It makes no sense
  • Sidd777Sidd777 Posts: 161
    edited May 2020
    You really don’t need an in between difficulty. At the point in the game you’re at, where you’re able to get 100% uncollected EQ every month, the next thing for you to work on could be Act 5 exploration, which isn’t a walk in the park or really really difficult. There’s enough content for mid game players to do and progress really fast with.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★

edric said:

Most of the comments here are unbelievable. The OP is asking for something very reasonable: a middle difficulty in the variant quests for progressing accounts. Whether Variant was not designed to have multiple difficulties, or whether there is no 'easy' version of LoL or AoL is besides the point.

It is very clear that the variant quests are beyond mid tier/progressing accounts. If you think it is a bad idea to have an intermediate difficulty version then you are a part of the problem in this game.

Continue with this elitist 'git-gud' behaviour. Do you want to wake up one day and realize there are only you end gamers left? If you think at that point the game is gonna be fun then you and Kabam should rightly pat yourselves on your backs. You are heading in the right direction!

Thank you very much, I highly appreciate this response. I just don't think they understand that the intention of Variants can be slightly changed to accommodate for ALL players. Why do the endgame players care anyways? They still will be getting their rewards and will still be doing their Variant difficulty. Let the progressing players have something fun to do with it as well.
    It seems to be you guys that don't understand. All content is not meant for all players at their current progression level. That completely defeats the point of having a game designed around account progression.
    Why do you care if we get anything? You're already an endgame player (I'm presuming from your response), so why does it matter to you if there's another difficulty of Variant?? It doesn't affect you. You will still have your Variant difficulty, that won't be touched. A middle difficulty of Variant will aid in progression, hope this helps.
    I don't want the dev team wasting time building something no one needs which just makes actual content take even longer to come out
    to "build something no one needs" huh? What if progressing players want it and are annoyed at being left out by all Variants?
    All Variant are events happended in the past, if Kabam made intermediate difficulty it will repeat itself and doesnt make sense.

Variant are permanent content, you cant do it now doesnt mean you cant do it in future.

• Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,610 ★★★★★
    Variant content is not meant for Average players still trying to progress further in the game. When you have a decent diversified roster then you can come do variant besides the content is not running away.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    It is worth noting that Variant 1 was released in November of 2018, whereas Act 6 chapter 1 was released in March of 2019. The original intent behind Variant content was to give players who had already 100% Act 5 something to work on. That is the target difficulty. Harder than Act 5, not as difficult as the yet-to-be-released Act 6.

Variant 1 is not easy content, and was likely used to test the potential difficulty level for Act 6. But since then Variant content has become substantially easier, and honestly more fun. If you can’t complete Variant content yet, that’s okay. It’s not going anywhere. Work on Act 5 exploration, keep grinding out Uncollected EQ. Expand your roster so that you can solve the puzzles as they are, rather than asking for a different puzzle completely. Variants are meant to be a fun, unique challenge; to grant a sense of accomplishment to the player upon completion. Take your time, you’ll get there.
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,440 ★★★★
    no
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

The disparity is because the classic version isn't meant to be a "difficulty" as such. It's really just there for the story. You can see how the game has progressed. You can see the quest as it originally was if you weren't playing at the time, etc. It isn't easy and hard with nothing in the middle. It's hard with the original quest thrown in for fun.
  • ΜιKEΜιKE Posts: 30
    I don’t understand why this end game vs progressing players .. this disguises the real issues with this game.. I personally don’t really care if the bring another difficulty but I wouldn’t make it a priority and it shouldn’t be anyone’s priority.. I understand why you want to try variants .. i did aswell when they were coming out but at the time couldn’t .. but this also tells me that you haven’t see the joke kabam has done on act 6 with the ridiculous node champ combinations .. when you fight the acid wash mysterio on 6.3 or sinister in on 6.2 you will see what I mean .. only saving grace of act6 was the grandmaster .. all the rest was simply horrible .. if the fix that **** and don’t do the same and worse on act7 then they can do stuff like what you are suggesting .. until then it simply doesn’t make sense
  • ΜιKEΜιKE Posts: 30
    There is no end game vs progressing distinction .. everyone if committed enough will manage to play all content .. it’s not going away .. you classify yourself as “progressing “but in a couple of months you might be “end game” .. this should not be the focus
    ΜιKE said:

There is no end game vs progressing distinction .. everyone if committed enough will manage to play all content .. it’s not going away .. you classify yourself as “progressing “but in a couple of months you might be “end game” .. this should not be the focus

Sorry, but am I understanding you correctly? You don't progress to become endgame? That's literally the point of story content. You progress and you move up in the game and progress
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Another one of these. Can you check the forums and search for the other 5 million posts about this?
  • JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,386 ★★★★
    I don’t think this will ever happen. This entire game is geared toward hardcore obsessive players and the only thing these players love more then obsessing over a game it’s crapping on more causal players . It makes sense really. Hardcore gamers are much more likely to actually spend money especially the ridiculous money Kabam wants. It’s better for them to get one obsessive player willing to drop 100$ + per year then a thousand casual free players who would never give money for something like this
    So I don’t think the game would ever become for friendlier towards progressing or casual players by giving us middle difficulties
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    I wouldn’t be opposed to a middle difficulty but variants are the only middle difficulty between the monthly uc and the slog of act 6. It is all relative to your progression but if you can at least complete the variants then my guess is you have a good amount of other content yet to do
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    Half the people moaning about variants difficulty prob have not even done 1 path in lab.. that is content you should focus on.. save units and complete it to build roster.

Some of us did that with r4 champs like storm, and can now be breezed with aegon etc and people still call it hard.

Variants are good as is.. about time v5 came out
    In fact op, it seems like you should be able to do a few of the variants. As many have pointed out, the easier ones are like a stepping stone from act five to six, which is exactly where you are. The new difficulty wouldn't benefit you anyway, because you could be doing content that already exists that is more worth your time
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

In fact op, it seems like you should be able to do a few of the variants. As many have pointed out, the easier ones are like a stepping stone from act five to six, which is exactly where you are. The new difficulty wouldn't benefit you anyway, because you could be doing content that already exists that is more worth your time

You make a good point. Maybe I will try one of the Variants. Where should I start?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★

You make a good point. Maybe I will try one of the Variants. Where should I start?
    Variant 2 and 4 are the easier ones.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

Alright thanks
  • HeattblasttHeattblastt Posts: 252 ★★
    JessieS said:

I don’t think this will ever happen. This entire game is geared toward hardcore obsessive players and the only thing these players love more then obsessing over a game it’s crapping on more causal players . It makes sense really. Hardcore gamers are much more likely to actually spend money especially the ridiculous money Kabam wants. It’s better for them to get one obsessive player willing to drop 100$ + per year then a thousand casual free players who would never give money for something like this
    So I don’t think the game would ever become for friendlier towards progressing or casual players by giving us middle difficulties

For progressing players they are releasing uncollected eq every month.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Alright thanks
    Also if you have an even moderately ranked ghost or Sentinel V3 is VERY manageable.
    edited May 2020

I think four is the easiest. As long as you have a counter to the first electro boss, its basically smooth sailing. If you show your roster, I'm sure people would help. The second boss, Deadpool, seems super hard on paper, but you can heavy lock him in the corner. The last two chapters are an easy-peasy first completion. Variant three is easy if you have a good tech, esp sentinel, and variant two is easy if you have very good xl champs. Not super well versed in variant three or two, but i have done four, so I can help if you want. Nice to see you're seeing the light lol. You can tag me if you need help