**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

General Game Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    People have been playing the game presumably for 3-5 years by the stage we're discussing. The game is based on RNG. It always has been. The form and the rate of that RNG has changed over time, but it's still an RNG-based game. There is no graduating past RNG. Whether at Act 6, 7, or beyond, it's still an RNG-based game. The second you start discussing removing the RNG, you start discussing an entirely different game.
    edited May 2020

People have been playing the game presumably for 3-5 years by the stage we're discussing. The game is based on RNG. It always has been. The form and the rate of that RNG has changed over time, but it's still an RNG-based game. There is no graduating past RNG. Whether at Act 6, 7, or beyond, it's still an RNG-based game. The second you start discussing removing the RNG, you start discussing an entirely different game.

I don't think you know what sentiment you're arguing against. No one is saying, "Let's remove RNG completely." They are arguing that crystals have decreasing odds of a particular champ with each iteration of adding 2 champions per month, with at least 5 old and bad champ to the 6* pool. So, for example, if 2 new monthly champs turn out to be average, or below average, players not have even less odds to pull a good champion compared to before, without opening a single crystal.

One way to fight this, is to no longer add old bad champions.

Another way is to bring back a similar to blade featured champion crystal, or something in between. No one is arguing, let's go one extreme or the other- 100% RNG, or no RNG whatsoever.

As content progresses, the pool of champions that could handle each scenario (with 7+ paths each) dwindles. That combined with the high variance, growing bad pull variance, waiting for specific champions, and opening a 6 star crystal every 2-4 months, is one of the causes of frustration to the community.
    So you're not arguing against RNG, just not adding "old" and "bad" Champions. What's the point of having RNG if it always gives you something you want? Pulling something you don't want is just a part of it. We all go through it.
    Lvernon15 said:

Rng will always be in the game, but ways to mitigate it like more access to nexus crystals would keep it there without it being so harsh, and we are asking for new content to be less reliant on a Tiny pool of champs because the level of rng coupled with that specificity means it’s near impossible to get through it without massive unit or money usage, and the while waiting until you have options’ argument with the level of rng means you could literally be waiting years
    You can also increase the amount of Shards available. More pulls means more possibilities. I'm also not opposed to the Nexus idea, and I've already commented on that. I was responding to the idea the game shouldn't adhere to the direction of RNG because people don't want that. After 5 and a half years, it should be apparent that it's an RNG game.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Add a middle variant level to appease all players. It's either endgame or beginner. Cheers.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020

Knation said:

Can we get the old style of featured five stars back? It's so hard to target a specific champ, even in the current features, that it gets incredibly disheartening to open crystals. I've been hunting for Wasp and Torch for over a year, went for 15 or so of their featured crystals and didn't get them. I went for their dungeon crystals and didn't get them (got Captain America duped and Gulliotine duped instead). I've opened up well over a hundred and eighty basic five stars at this point and still nothing, but I've managed to pull double and triple dupes on other champs like Doom, Elektra, Blade, and Namor. If we had the old featured crystals again, it would be so much easier and more rewarding to actually hunt for champions.

They've repeatedly said they don't want us to be able to target specific champs and that's the main reason they don't want a 5* basic arena. I'm not saying I agree with their stance at all but I think that a lost cause to push for
    I remember they said they were working on a 5* basic arena when 6:1 came out and all the outrage about that happened still waiting on it
    They've said multiple times in streams and interviews since that they want to add to RNG not reduce it and that the whole reason the featured 5* crystal was changed was to disallow targeting specific champs basically.
    I don’t get why they want to move more into the RNG when the majority of the negative feedback and players’ frustration stem from the game’s insistence on putting massive RNG with everything. RNG is fine but having RNG in literally every aspect of the game and not giving us way to lessen it is killing the game. We’re not asking to get rid of RNG just to lessen it.
    4 to 5 6*s a month?
  • Deadlygamer98Deadlygamer98 Posts: 743 ★★★
    Tech stands for technology not technique

I still don't understand the obsession a portion of the player base has with 6*s currently. Unless you're competing in top 5-10 AQ spots, they are barely even needed currently.

It's nice to have good ones sure, but a VERY small percentage of players actually need them

Well, that I see the origin of. It started when they were announced, and people swore off anything under a 5*. Then the Gates heightened that, and the very narrow Fights like Sinister and Champion in Act 6 just drove it even further. Of course, that's a byproduct of everyone and their dog plowing through Story now that there are some OP Champs to do it with and many, many videos on it. If I'm being totally honest, I think too many people are doing it too easily now up until Act 6, and their Accounts aren't even developed enough. Not necessarily the people who have been around a long time, but many have started and gone through Act 5 in a matter of months. That's a problem for a number of reasons, and that rush to push through is making people impatient to build their Rosters. Those of us that have been around for years, at least some of us, know it takes time to build. That doesn't stop after a certain point. We're always building. It takes time. The ease of Story now has people thinking they shouldn't have to wait.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    so yes the game has always been rng.

Yes they said they wanted to steer more into this and more into rng elements and not make you able to target specific champs. Combine this with specific champ “gates” and you’ve got a money maker. Is this in the favor of players and fun... well no but it is there game and they can do this.

Yes it is to drive crystals sales and more value in these 2019 champ crystals and featured cavs. No player ever was thinking prior to 2019/2020 “you know what we need, more rng in this game”. The rng was already enough before and without champ specific gates. Pools got bigger and requirements became super focused and champion specificl. Combined with removal of chance to focus on champs outside of spending and one shot on a dungeon crystals(or incursion same thing to me really but with fancy buffs).

Based on feedback and the general comments from the majority, NO this is not the right direction for the player base and WE do not like it. It is the reason for a lot of the frustration. Really there is no need to steer even harder into the rng element as they said they want to do this year.

We need to steer back out of what 2019 did to rng. And kabam needs to acknowledge while the champion pool getting larger is great there are some aspects that are actually not good for the player as the pool grows.

I mean we have crystals that have crystals now on 2020. This isn’t champion based but t we actually have crystals with rng that you open and get another rng crystals. I mean come on that’s absurd.