**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Tier 5 Alliance War - The Death Nail!

My_SuperiorMy_Superior Posts: 2,086 ★★★★
edited May 2020 in General Discussion
Okay first off, My_Superior is my forum name. If that puts a chip on your shoulder, please hit that disagree button and get gone... Still here? Alright let me explain why I think Tier 5 Alliance War killed my alliance and maybe, on a larger scale, is killing the Contest of Champions.

The jump in difficulty from Tier 6 to Tier 5 is way too high! The map switches from “Hard” to “Challenging.” This alone is a respectable spike in difficulty for your average player. Not only do the defenders have an average of 50% extra base health and 25% base attack (ignoring boss nodes) but the unique nodes become much more difficult; Aegis Heavy gets 4 charges instead of 2, Psychic Thorns actually starts to hurt, Limber nodes pop up outta nowhere, and the boss nodes are especially potent to name a few differences. Alright, this is acceptable when moving up to a new war map. What’s not acceptable is introducing Defence Tactics at the same time as the new map! This creates a giant hurdle that many if not most summoners cannot jump. They instead run straight into it like a brick wall and fall face first flat on the ground. Asking your average players to adapt to both a new map as well as ever-changing defence tactics when before they were just meandering along in Tier 6, to put it frankly, is cruel.

In my estimation as seen in my graph, there is no tier of alliance war that naturally fits a good player; tier 6 is too easy while tier 5 is way too hard. This leaves a huge portion of the player base in a no man’s land regarding Alliance War and it discourages them from wanting to compete. A few players in my alliance quit for this reason. They were burnt out, didn’t enjoy Alliance War at all, and left. Other players left because they weren’t happy with our failure. Regardless, both types would have probably stick together if the difficulty curve was smoothed out over more tiers instead of drastically spiked at Tier 5.

It’s clear to me that Alliance War Tiers need to be retuned. I don't know the best way to do it but I do know the current way isn’t any where near it. Please for the love of Odin balance them out over the 22 tiers instead of focusing all the difficulty and rewards into the top 5.

Alright ‘nuff said. Thanks for reading.

Comments

• DJMNHDJMNH Posts: 719 ★★★
    With higher tiers comes tougher node, but what makes it more irritating is the tactics FLOW majorly . Last 3 seasons we stuck gold 1 tier 4. Defence tactics makes the nodes for example spite node even more irritating and very tough..

With the kind of mastery I have.. power gain goes sometimes beyond control..

Kabam and game team should really listen and work on it . @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit
  • LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    Just to understand, the drive is to break into upper gold 1 and beyond? If below that is easy then whats the problem? Easy rewards, no? If players leave because they want more, then their level is not the same as the rest of the ally right or they wouldnt leave? So then the solution is to let the stronger players leave or boot the weaker ones.

I see this happen in so many alliances and this is mainly the reason why alliances fail or instead choose to concentrate on aq, because its easier then war.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    The jump between 6-5 is so astronomical it makes zero sense
  • Eric987Eric987 Posts: 78
    If you removed the Flow tactic AW wouldn't be too difficult. Tier 5 is easy. Tier 3+ is where is gets hard.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Last couple seasons I've played tier 4 and tier 3 wars. T4 was managable, T3 flow wars are stupid. So few counters that I'm done with AW. And I'm cool with that because it's the worst part of the game and the rewards are absolute garbage.
  • AlphA101AlphA101 Posts: 285 ★★★
    Idk what your saying ? I’m always doing t5 with minimal deaths , t3 and above is truly challenging
  • GamecodeOneGamecodeOne Posts: 87
    Flow is the reason I have no fun anymore in AW and left my Alli. I focus now on AQ cause of the shop update. The rewards from AW are useless on my level. I can buy the rewards I would get in one season with 1 and a half week of AQ. Except the shards for sure, but who needs shards.... shards comes enough from the monthly events.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I haven't fought many wars in tier 6 so can't really speak to the difficulty jump, but war in its current state has certainly hurt my alliance. We were Plat 1/Plat 2 every season and got sick of the resource burn when Kabam started ramping up the difficulty. We dropped down to Plat 4/Gold 1 but it didn't fix things as some wanted to run no items wars and push harder in AQ while others wanted to push harder in war. We went from adding 0 to 1 player in the offseason to 5-6, which has really taken a toll. I hate what they've done with war.