**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Can we have a middle difficulty in future Variants?

13»

Comments

• BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    Just give them a try, you might surprise yourself.

V2 can defo be done with 4*s first pass. There’s a lot of boosted lanes to be had and a few regen lanes you can cheese with 3* capiw etc...

• XdSpoodermanxDXdSpoodermanxD Posts: 531 ★★★
    Get good.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★

Progressing players already have something fun to do. It's called labyrinth of legends, act 5, act 6, and uncollected difficulty of the monthly quest.

Upon creating the variant quests, it was stated multiple times that it was meant to be for endgame players. It was designed and structured to be like that. Changing how the whole system works right now would not be a good idea at all.

They won't simply add another difficulty there and add extra rewards for less effort. Even if they created a "choose your difficulty" option where you could choose which difficulty to do, people would just complain in the future that they wanted to be able to play the harder mode, which is what they choosed not to do.

Leave it as it is is the best for everyone

What "whole system" will be changed?? Wouldn't it be so much better if Variants applied to all players? The system was created but that doesn't mean it can't be changed for the BETTER. A difficult in Variants for progressing players will give us more things to do and will bring more good vibes around Kabam because then, all of the player base will be hyped about Variants. So what it's for endgame players? You endgame players already HAVE that Variant difficulty in place. You don't have to be scared that it's gonna go away or something. So let us progressing players have something to do with all of the releasing Variants and go your own way. Just know that your Variant difficulty isn't getting touched, let us have our own difficulty so that we can have some fun too. Cheers.

And also, what do you mean by "Leave it as it is is the best for everyone"?? I made this thread because it clearly isn't best for "everyone". Think about your word choice before you type. If it was best for everyone, everyone would have something to play and everyone would be hyped about them.
    Really.. “get good”...
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    JessieS said:

I don’t think this will ever happen. This entire game is geared toward hardcore obsessive players and the only thing these players love more then obsessing over a game it’s crapping on more causal players . It makes sense really. Hardcore gamers are much more likely to actually spend money especially the ridiculous money Kabam wants. It’s better for them to get one obsessive player willing to drop 100$ + per year then a thousand casual free players who would never give money for something like this
    So I don’t think the game would ever become for friendlier towards progressing or casual players by giving us middle difficulties

Or a middle difficulty is just EQ, as has been pointed out. Actual reasons why there is no middle difficulty (and no beginner difficulty, that’s not what classic is) have been offered and all you’ve got is jabs at so called obsessive players lol.
  • DevourerDevourer Posts: 26
    edric said:

Most of the comments here are unbelievable. The OP is asking for something very reasonable: a middle difficulty in the variant quests for progressing accounts. Whether Variant was not designed to have multiple difficulties, or whether there is no 'easy' version of LoL or AoL is besides the point.

It is very clear that the variant quests are beyond mid tier/progressing accounts. If you think it is a bad idea to have an intermediate difficulty version then you are a part of the problem in this game.

Continue with this elitist 'git-gud' behaviour. Do you want to wake up one day and realize there are only you end gamers left? If you think at that point the game is gonna be fun then you and Kabam should rightly pat yourselves on your backs. You are heading in the right direction!

Lol we all went through the progression chain, 6 months ago i couldnt do variant, now im only missing v1 n v3 100%, kabak release content to keep people busy, their is heapes of stuff to do, half the time spent in game is spent on EQ with time alotted to story and variant or lol and abbys run, asking for a easier tier just becuase their accounts arent ready to play thst content isnt being elitist at all as every single person here doing variant now went through the middle stages we didnt just wake up one day and our accounts where endgame, so calling someone a mid tier player is only temporary as most people have endgame accounts within 2 years, some people just dont have the patienance to grow their roster and want to be doing the same content that endgame players grinded towards.
  • DevourerDevourer Posts: 26
    edric said:

Most of the comments here are unbelievable. The OP is asking for something very reasonable: a middle difficulty in the variant quests for progressing accounts. Whether Variant was not designed to have multiple difficulties, or whether there is no 'easy' version of LoL or AoL is besides the point.

It is very clear that the variant quests are beyond mid tier/progressing accounts. If you think it is a bad idea to have an intermediate difficulty version then you are a part of the problem in this game.

Continue with this elitist 'git-gud' behaviour. Do you want to wake up one day and realize there are only you end gamers left? If you think at that point the game is gonna be fun then you and Kabam should rightly pat yourselves on your backs. You are heading in the right direction!

And frankly mid tier players have it easier now, and new mid tier players will have a easier time in progress than them a year later, how about you go ask a pre update 12 how reducilious it was to get 4*, so id get of your high horse at the game becomes essier and easier for new players and progressing players considering now a days a fresh account can open a 5* within a month, ask someone that in 2015
  • 007md92007md92 Posts: 1,381 ★★★★
    edited May 2020

That wasn't really the point of variants. It was meant to bring back old event quests and refresh them for end game players. The content designed for someone in your position is doing act six

Edit:they're incredibly useful for progressing players. The classic is the original quest, while variant is the refresh. A middle level of variant is literally just eq

I don't agree or disagree with OP or even you. But there is a lot of information and views in this thread. Which is good.
    I just have a small idea.
    Variant is bringing back old EQ for endgame players.

How about keep it as it is. End game players love variant. Undoubtedly. Which is good. Eventually every progressive player will complete variant.

But replace classic with uncollected difficulty?? That works right?
    The original quest is there. But also uncollected and variant two difficulty.
    How about that?
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    007md92 said:

That wasn't really the point of variants. It was meant to bring back old event quests and refresh them for end game players. The content designed for someone in your position is doing act six

Edit:they're incredibly useful for progressing players. The classic is the original quest, while variant is the refresh. A middle level of variant is literally just eq

I don't agree or disagree with OP or even you. But there is a lot of information and views in this thread. Which is good.

How about keep it as it is. End game players love variant. Undoubtedly. Which is good. Eventually every progressive player will complete variant.

How about that?
    That wasn't even a thing when these were released originally. I don't even know there was an actual monthly EQ. I barely played when this stuff came out. I think modoks EQ was the first UC EQ
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

In fact op, it seems like you should be able to do a few of the variants. As many have pointed out, the easier ones are like a stepping stone from act five to six, which is exactly where you are. The new difficulty wouldn't benefit you anyway, because you could be doing content that already exists that is more worth your time

You make a good point. Maybe I will try one of the Variants. Where should I start?
    I think four is the easiest. As long as you have a counter to the first electro boss, its basically smooth sailing. If you show your roster, I'm sure people would help. The second boss, Deadpool, seems super hard on paper, but you can heavy lock him in the corner. The last two chapters are an easy-peasy first completion. Variant three is easy if you have a good tech, esp sentinel, and variant two is easy if you have very good xl champs. Not super well versed in variant three or two, but i have done four, so I can help if you want. Nice to see you're seeing the light lol. You can tag me if you need help
    Alright thanks a lot @Thicco_Mode , I really appreciate the help. When I'm ready to do my initial clear of Variant 4, I'll post a thread with pics of my roster for tips for rankups and strategies.
    Just for everyone wondering, let's just say that I've been ENLIGHTENED by this thread by the fact that Variants are permanent content and that I'm not too far off doing them.

In fact op, it seems like you should be able to do a few of the variants. As many have pointed out, the easier ones are like a stepping stone from act five to six, which is exactly where you are. The new difficulty wouldn't benefit you anyway, because you could be doing content that already exists that is more worth your time

You make a good point. Maybe I will try one of the Variants. Where should I start?
    Variant 2 and 4 are the easier ones.
    Alright thanks
    Also if you have an even moderately ranked ghost or Sentinel V3 is VERY manageable.
    Sadly I don't have either one :(
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    007md92 said:

How about that?
    No offense, but I just don't see the point in that. As I see it, its the rewards of something like monthly eq, which already refreshes every month. The "uncollected variant" would have this rewards, but only one time. It wouldn't be nearly as useful as the current variant rewards.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    007md92 said:

How about that?
    Again, there is a reason why uncollected EQ is monthly and not permanent. Also, these quests had no uncollected level. They didn't even have a master level. So you are asking for them to design an uncollected level which will be permanent content, when there is already an uncollected quest every month.
  • BinkPlayzBinkPlayz Posts: 99 ★★
    Varients are the middle ground between acts 5-6, if you clear act 5 and are able to clear some of the varients, chances are you have the roster for cavalier. after that it's a matter of taking it slow and finishing what content you can with what you have. and be sure to give some not so shiny looking champs a chance in varients/act 6, they may surprise you with how they perform!