**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Incoming Hijacked Transmission... What does it mean? [Merged Threads]

Comments

• SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,420 Guardian

So I encountered and defeated Platinum Pool for the 8th time today and I did NOT receive a message. Rebooted the game x2 just to make sure... I do have to say that I am quite sad and disappointed that Platinum Pool didn't care enough after his beat down to send a message my way :'(

Have you actually run more than 8 Rifts, but only got PlatPool 8 times ?
    Do you only get a Forbidden Crystal if you defeat a pop-up PlatPool (or every time thru a Rift, no matter if PlatPool fight came up or not) ?
  • PandingoPandingo Posts: 584 ★★★
    CoughE said:

Don't quit out of the quest guys. Already tried this after being ambushed by plat and receiving a whammy prize. Didn't work unfortunately.

Did you fight him or quit before fighting him?
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,150 ★★★★
    edited May 2020

So I encountered and defeated Platinum Pool for the 8th time today and I did NOT receive a message. Rebooted the game x2 just to make sure... I do have to say that I am quite sad and disappointed that Platinum Pool didn't care enough after his beat down to send a message my way :'(

Have you actually run more than 8 Rifts, but only got PlatPool 8 times ?
    Do you only get a Forbidden Crystal if you defeat a pop-up PlatPool (or every time thru a Rift, no matter if PlatPool fight came up or not) ?
    I'm not getting a Chronometer and I've run 10 Rifts so far and have encountered Platinum Pool 8 times and got a crystal each time I cleared the Rift that I beat Platinum Pool. This is the first time of the 8 that I did NOT receive a message. It's hours later and still no message in my in-game mail... :'(

The 2 Rifts that I didn't get the Platinum Pool ambush: no crystal, no message as expected.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,420 Guardian
    If you don’t always get a PlatPool fight, then I’m assuming that they would not have made up to 13 different messages (let alone 18). Some ppl would then not get lucky enough to see as many as other ppl (and astronomically rare that anyone at all would potentially see all 13 or 18).

So maybe 7 msgs is all there will be.
  • Man_BatMan_Bat Posts: 331 ★★
    This will probably be far-fetched, but a couple of the messages make me think of the Phoenix Five: Cyclops, Emma, Namor, Colossus, and Magik. I have no idea if that sparks anyone or is just another useless random thought.
  • sfu_koraxsfu_korax Posts: 239 ★★
    I want to believe that the big amount of additional 2stars we are getting is not random. One of my theories is that he we be available in an arena, exclusive for 2stars, where maybe he will be a random encounter or something like that.
    That though would mean that there probably would be an announcement; And here's where it messes it up for me: the phrase "THE PUZZLE IS IN YOUR HANDS". That has to mean that we are meant to decipher what clues he has given us, and not to wait for further info...
    Back when act 5 was in its early days, they kept showing messages written both in english, and in the language of the elders. I wrote all of them down, so that i could have the grandmaster's alphabet, cause I thought that it would lead somewhere. Fact is, it never did, at least to my knowledge, except from a minor easter egg on a battle stage, where some of them where carved under the throne. Dont remember what they spelled out, but wasn't that important.
    I bring that up, in order to express my hope that this time, there is a genuine puzzle, that is going to be much more...
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    For you conspiracy theorists out there, here's one for you... If he mentions nice 5 versus 1 blah blah blah and split into 5, try bringing a team of Five of the same champ. Though I probably wouldn't go into an epic rift without at least an r4 5 and R5 4 or r1 6 and r4 5.
  • roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 346 ★★★
    Tried bringing just one champ, nothing different unfortunately
  • DodgerDogDodgerDog Posts: 86
    Platpool has synergy with magik. So maybe he’s coming out soon
  • Spider_RicoSpider_Rico Posts: 18
    I got a title. "Redroom Clone" Bested REDACTED in hand to hand combat.
    I beat him 3 times
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★

I got a title. "Redroom Clone" Bested REDACTED in hand to hand combat.
    I beat him 3 times

I got this title after beating Black Widow today. i only had 2 PlatinumPool Ambushes
  • Tazer_Face2099Tazer_Face2099 Posts: 16
    Anybody think it might have to do with the 1* Deadpool we got in the beginning of the month?!
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★

Anybody think it might have to do with the 1* Deadpool we got in the beginning of the month?!

only those who paid had the 1 star Deadpool so that would not be cool for those who could/want not to pay....
  • Tazer_Face2099Tazer_Face2099 Posts: 16
    only those who paid had the 1 star Deadpool so that would not be cool for those who could/want not to pay...

Red Deadpool had to be purchased no matter what, there is 6 besides the new platinum pool, Deadpool charachters, I’m about to go in with godly, venomoool, 1*deadpool, gwenpool and Masacre. I wish I had the xforce one but I dont
  • M1dKnight23M1dKnight23 Posts: 3
    edited May 2020
    Guess we wont know til its over....
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    So I've been thinking about the puzzle off and on, and something caught my eye the other day:

Platinumpool has some funky hashtags. Five of them, in fact. #blessed #winning #goals #nofilter #noexcuses.

I'm not a social media god, but some of those I recognize as common platform tags. #nofilter sounds like it is describing Deadpool's personality, but it is also an Instagram tag denoting the photo isn't using an Instagram processing filter. Maybe it is a coincidence that there's five ("split myself into five") but the messages also talk about making friends. Friends is also a social media thing. I did a cursory search on Facebook, Instagram, Pintrest, Youtube, and Tumblr for posts with all five tags, and nothing interesting seemed to come up, if anything. But maybe there's someone out there that can make something interesting out of this, assuming it means anything at all.

Might be nothing, might be I just don't know what to do with it, so I thought I would toss this out there.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    For real guys I think it's being looked too deep into. Pretty sure it's just a tease for next month
  • Batman1903Batman1903 Posts: 208
    fight venompool deadpool gwenpool platpool goldpool maybe thatll do something
  • CbelCbel Posts: 16

For real guys I think it's being looked too deep into. Pretty sure it's just a tease for next month

I’m 99% sure you are correct, but part of me wants to believe that they wouldn’t stoop so low to send us messages telling us there is a puzzle to solve without there actually being a puzzle to solve...
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Cbel said:

I’m 99% sure you are correct, but part of me wants to believe that they wouldn’t stoop so low to send us messages telling us there is a puzzle to solve without there actually being a puzzle to solve...
    The Puzzle would be relating to something in the next event.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★

Cbel said:

The Puzzle would be relating to something in the next event.
    I tend to be with you/Wisp...

HOWEVER

the community has read into stuff WAY too much in the past and mods have clarified its nothing special or just a fun little thing. The silence makes me think there will be another message or potentially a weeklong thing at the end of the month as opposed to next month.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    edited May 2020
    So... I think I may have an answer...

During today's encounter... He gave grandmaster like commands during the fight.... Use medium attacks.... Use heavy attacks. I just evaded for like 30s and then he started with a command!!

But he was dead too fast so I don't think I accomplished them all and nothing happened as a result.

Wait in the fight until the commands come and accomplish them and see what happens. Probably bring in a couple lower champ's so he doesn't die too fast either so you can get through more of his commands and report back.
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,064 ★★★★

So... I think I may have an answer...

During today's encounter... He gave grandmaster like commands during the fight.... Use medium attacks.... Use heavy attacks. I just evaded for like 30s and then he started with a command!!

But he was dead too fast so I don't think I accomplished them all and nothing happened as a result.

Wait in the fight until the commands come and accomplish them and see what happens. Probably bring in a couple lower champ's so he doesn't die too fast either so you can get through more of his commands and report back.

Straight up calling BS on this, just checked footage of me fighting him today - I tried using my 1* deadpool and was doing well until someone bloody text me and I ate an sp2! That was over a minute, no prompts
  • Davidje73Davidje73 Posts: 4
    edited May 2020
    Got this one today..curious now.