**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Unit grinding, any suggestions?

TP33TP33 Posts: 1,577 ★★★★
So I’m f2p (and I intend on staying that way) and have decided to hoarse my units for the July 4th deals. Doing the maths I’ve calculated I need to gain around 105 units a day.

I am already doing all the arenas on a daily basis for roughly 4hrs (whenever I can find the time during the day) are there any other suggestions of ways to get some good amounts of units. I know of the solo/alliance events etc. but are there any other things to do or for me to look out for.

I was thinking about act 5.2/3 exploration but it does take lots of energy.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• TP33TP33 Posts: 1,577 ★★★★
    I should say that there’s no way I’m going to spend money but I would like at least to buy the 5k unit deals (and if I don’t like them then it’ll be one big GMC opening!)
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    lower level EQ and keep doin arena
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    Who’s disagree for gmc suck because there sucks
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    Explore beginner eq and act 1 if you haven’t already. Just don’t buy gmcs.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Gamer said:

Someone has just disagreed with everything for the sake of it

My tips for farming units are to focus your efforts on the 4 star arenas, they’re the best units for your time, always save resources to ensure you hit every level up event to milestone 4, and ensure you hit milestone 4 in arena and hero use events, also lower difficulty event quests are a good background source, especially beginner
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Gamer said:

Someone has just disagreed with everything for the sake of it

My tips for farming units are to focus your efforts on the 4 star arenas, they’re the best units for your time, always save resources to ensure you hit every level up event to milestone 4, and ensure you hit milestone 4 in arena and hero use events, also lower difficulty event quests are a good background source, especially beginner
    Really good advice for that what I’m doing aside from lvl op event cost me to much gold
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,150 ★★★★
    @TP33, I'm F2P and I'm also in the process of saving 15k units for the July 4th offers and also trying to 100% Abyss by then.

My recommendations would be to:
    100% all EQ modes
    100% Variants, including the Classic version - Units in there
    Grind for whatever Arena milestones you can
    Hit the 4th milestone in the 22 Hour solo events. On Level Up, i will purposely stop there and wait til next level up to make sure i have resources and champs to always rank/level up.
    I have never used units to buy a single crystal - I just can't stomach the RNG.
    Lastly - #DontGetHit :D to where you won't need to dive into unit resources to compete in your alliances AQ/AW.

I'm getting about 1.5k - 2k units per week (includes estimated units from BattleChips). Being F2P at a very high level takes a ton of time but can be done. I find it quite fun.

Here's the thread I started that is tracking my goal:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/191758/abyss-exploration-unit-goal-as-f2p#latest
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    edited May 2020
    1. Hit all the easy arena milestones. Whichever ones you can make sure to spread the wealth. Dont Focus on 1 arena but make sure to focus on your bang for the buck for time investment. When I'm grinding units for content I do 5* feature/4* feature/4* basic for most milestones. I make sure to hit the earlier ones at the very least. The gold will help with #2. Also save your BC unless you need the units/gold. I find if I have units I'm tempted to spend them but am better at hoarding BC for potential units.

My rosters deeo enough I can basically split it by who can play in the arena. After getting streaks going past 15 I play my 6* go in the featured, 5* in 4* featured, 4* in the basic. Dont do anything lower typically.

2. Make sure to hit the 4th milestone in 22hr quests outside of quest completions in find this to he repeatable and worth 100-150 unit per week depending on if you are hitting the quest completion one

3. Autofight through normal and beginner in EQ for easy units when you are doing other things at low energy cost after you finish heroic-uncollected. Take 0 effort and it's easy units.

4. Do not buy Crystal's.
  • King_Leo321King_Leo321 Posts: 1,211 ★★★
    When you play arena.Save your battlchips to 700 k and them pop all those Uncollected arena crystals at once 10 at a time.Don't buy Grandmaster crystals and cavalier crystal.Don't do any big event like abyss or 100% labrynth just save units.
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,577 ★★★★
    Thanks for the feedback.

I gathered from this that
    1. Keep doing arenas especially 4* arenas
    2. Easy EQ difficulties
    3. Don’t buy GMC go for cavalier