**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Samsung S20

Rwj_2Rwj_2 Posts: 163 ★★
Have a new device coming next week. Upgrading from the S7 to the S20. Curious of people's opinions from those who have it. Hoping that I'll notice a bit difference in game.

Comments

• TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★
    You will notice the change for sure, load times are better but still not as good as it is on iOS imo
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,262 ★★★★★

You will notice the change for sure, load times are better but still not as good as it is on iOS imo

I'm disagreeing with that. iOS load times are becoming mythical. It's indistinguishable side by side. Sometimes Samsung is slightly faster and sometimes iPhone is slightly faster.
  • Rwj_2Rwj_2 Posts: 163 ★★
    Definitely looking forward to quicker load times, as fast as iOS or not. Are you able to run at 120hz or is the unintended heavy thing still happening?
  • TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★
    edited May 2020

I'm disagreeing with that. iOS load times are becoming mythical. It's indistinguishable side by side. Sometimes Samsung is slightly faster and sometimes iPhone is slightly faster.

Mine still has a difference but since Android is pretty much open, guess it boils down to is what you have on the phone.

Rwj_2 said:

Definitely looking forward to quicker load times, as fast as iOS or not. Are you able to run at 120hz or is the unintended heavy thing still happening?

What heavy thing?
  • AmarriteAmarrite Posts: 50
    on all high refresh rate phones MCOC suffers from the unintended heavy during a combo. Turning it to 60hz solves the problem, thereby negating the point of getting a high refresh rate phone in the first place.
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Are you UK based or elsewhere, the UK's S20 doesn't have the Snapdragon chip so they perform quite poor apparently. So I've been told anyway
    Canada, as far as I was able to tell it comes with the snapdragon chipset.
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    I have the Galaxy S20 Snapdragon version and when I got it early Match it was so smooth and fast. However, one of the mid April updates caused issues where I was having unintended heavies in every mode of the game. I fixed this by downgrading the screen from 120hz to 60hz, which was very disappointing that one app determines the whole phone screen speed. Here was my post about this issue:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/191606/unintended-heavies#latest
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    Amarrite said:

on all high refresh rate phones MCOC suffers from the unintended heavy during a combo. Turning it to 60hz solves the problem, thereby negating the point of getting a high refresh rate phone in the first place.

Don't believe that is the case with all phones that support high refresh rate. Used Asus Rog 2 for for months. Never had that issue. 120Hz refresh rate couples with 240Hz touch sensing takes the experience to a whole new level.
    arsjum said:

Amarrite said:

Don't believe that is the case with all phones that support high refresh rate. Used Asus Rog 2 for for months. Never had that issue. 120Hz refresh rate couples with 240Hz touch sensing takes the experience to a whole new level.
    I'm really hoping that I'm able to run in 120hz mode. I looked into it and like the ROG the Samsung pairs 120hz refresh rate with 240hz touch.

So on the ROG you've never had the random heavy issue?
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    Rwj_2 said:

arsjum said:

Amarrite said:

I'm really hoping that I'm able to run in 120hz mode. I looked into it and like the ROG the Samsung pairs 120hz refresh rate with 240hz touch.

So on the ROG you've never had the random heavy issue?
    Nope. Used it to do a lot of 6.4 where you know random heavies would absolutely piss me off. I had a chance to play with S20 and it didn't even feel like high refresh rate was supported in it for this game. The gameplay is so smooth on Rog 2. My alliance leader prefers it to his iPhone 11 Pro Max.
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 980 ★★★★
    edited May 2020
    I'll just chime in to say I'm happy to see this post. I literally just got the S20 5G on Thursday, but I haven't really played on it yet, cause I'm working from home and my tablet is always charged.

@Rwj_2 if you happen to notice any issues, especially any that you're able to resolve with changes to the phone's settings, please feel free to shoot me a note about it.

I'll do the same if I notice anything once I get some stick time with the phone.

Take care,
    @mgj0630 will do.

Really excited to get the phone, thinking it's going to be near the end of next week.
  • Rwj_2 said:

@mgj0630 will do.

Really excited to get the phone, thinking it's going to be near the end of next week.

I got the s20 over the weekend and gotta say. It is amazing. Loading times do seem faster and even the graphics look better and smoother. I've yet to see any game play lag so far. The only thing I have noticed what other people have mentioned with this phone and that this that when playing at 120hz, the random heavies when fighting seem to happen a lot
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,036 ★★★★★
    i would love to get the S20 and try it out .. was just looking into moving from my Note 8.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,262 ★★★★★

Rwj_2 said:

@mgj0630 will do.

I got the s20 over the weekend and gotta say. It is amazing. Loading times do seem faster and even the graphics look better and smoother. I've yet to see any game play lag so far. The only thing I have noticed what other people have mentioned with this phone and that this that when playing at 120hz, the random heavies when fighting seem to happen a lot
    Can't linger when tapping out hits or it will register as a heavy and the screen is very sensitive to unintentional touches. Once you get used to it and adjust, you won't get the unintended heavies.
  • Rwj_2 said:

@mgj0630 will do.

Can't linger when tapping out hits or it will register as a heavy and the screen is very sensitive to unintentional touches. Once you get used to it and adjust, you won't get the unintended heavies.
    It happened with a lot of quick taps too. But I wanna adapt and overcome because the graphics on that mode are amazing in beautiful
    edited May 2020
    I'm starting to get the hang of it and see very few unintended heavies. Quick taps are ok but you really need to make sure you're lifting your finger right off the screen. I've been making sure to lift my finger higher between taps and it seems to be working. Taking some getting used to as I've tapped the same way for so long.

The game is absolutely stunning at 120hz. It's almost eerie feeling, everything is so fast.
  • Rwj_2 said:

I'm starting to get the hang of it and see very few unintended heavies. Quick taps are ok but you really need to make sure you're lifting your finger right off the screen. I've been making sure to lift my finger higher between taps and it seems to be working. Taking some getting used to as I've tapped the same way for so long.

The game is absolutely stunning at 120hz. It's almost eerie feeling, everything is so fast.

yeah Ina have to try that because it is amazing
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,717 ★★★
    Not rich enough for S20 😋
    Am looking into S10 which also has screen refresh rate of 120 hz also.
    Hoping game play is better!
  • Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★
    Going to try and be impartial. What are each months Legend runs using, ios or Android, In my opinion that is the ultimate litmus test.