**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The Grandmaster is down... so needs the 12.0v patch

I've had a talk with some players because I wanted to know more about the 12.0v patch and how it affected the players. Apparently, all I found about the 12.0 patch is that the combat was too old and that the game wasn't challenging enough, so they needed to change the game a little. With the coming of act 5 (From Kabam's perspective, the coming of Grandmaster), the Contest affected many champs, such as Scarlet Witch, Thor and Doctor Strange. But as I was reading the patch, I "intercepted" the next paragraph:

"Big changes are on the horizon! As the Grandmaster starts to make his play for control of The Contest, The Collector’s continued experimentation has started to reshape and rework the entirety of the Battlerealm. As this Elder’s War commences, the very rules of combat have been rewritten. Champion abilities, stats, synergies and many other factors have undergone the biggest change The Contest has ever seen."

And now, with the Elder's saga, meeting its end, same with Elder's War, that means that the champions "affected" by the Elder's war aren't affected anymore. That means that Thor, Doctor Strange and other victims of the 12.0 patch need to get their powers back.

What do you think? Shoud Kabam bring back past 12.0 Champs or not?

Comments

• danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    I still think switch, in her pre 12.0 form, would be far away the best champ in the game. She completely ignores flow on all nodes in war except the top right crit resistance mini because she fully power drains/locks like magik. She would obviously be the best aq/questing champ for basically all content as well
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Haha yeah I used to put her in a crit team and just do The old boss rush style fights 20x until you basically fluked a stun-lock, the fact you could force quit and start again back then made for some impossible fights being done with a 4/40.
    This act 7 beta reminded me of 12.0, when it was first done they basically took away all block proficiency and even a duped ogcap was taking like 5-10% damage through his block in rol. They tried to turn the game into a zero block game even back then
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Act 5 came way after 12.0 the grandmaster part it's referencing here was a very old EQ or side event I can't remember which because it was super short called Titanomancy or something along those lines which fun fact was were Loki debuted in.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    RaToniii said:

I've had a talk with some players because I wanted to know more about the 12.0v patch and how it affected the players. Apparently, all I found about the 12.0 patch is that the combat was too old and that the game wasn't challenging enough, so they needed to change the game a little. With the coming of act 5 (From Kabam's perspective, the coming of Grandmaster), the Contest affected many champs, such as Scarlet Witch, Thor and Doctor Strange. But as I was reading the patch, I "intercepted" the next paragraph:

"Big changes are on the horizon! As the Grandmaster starts to make his play for control of The Contest, The Collector’s continued experimentation has started to reshape and rework the entirety of the Battlerealm. As this Elder’s War commences, the very rules of combat have been rewritten. Champion abilities, stats, synergies and many other factors have undergone the biggest change The Contest has ever seen."

And now, with the Elder's saga, meeting its end, same with Elder's War, that means that the champions "affected" by the Elder's war aren't affected anymore. That means that Thor, Doctor Strange and other victims of the 12.0 patch need to get their powers back.

What do you think? Shoud Kabam bring back past 12.0 Champs or not?
    In many cases that is literally impossible, because it wasn't just champions that were changed, the fundamental rules of the game changed. For example, Scarlet Witch's proc chance was changed, and you could undo that. But she relies on crits, and critical rating is now a flat stat, so you can't stack it up linearly like you could pre-12. So no monster crit teams anymore, and no monster SW proc machines. Thor can no longer stack armor breaks unlimited anymore. But the way armor break works changed fundamentally: it used to stack multiplicatively, and now it is a flat stat. Basically, Thor used to be able to stack six breaks and get something like 64x damage, which is crazy. Armor breaks can't do that anymore, no matter what you do to Thor.

The champs changed, but the fundamental mechanics changed as well, so there's really no going back.