**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Same old flow - just a few different words?

LucianoDelHoyaLucianoDelHoya Posts: 1,458 ★★★
It feels like Kabam have just changed the wording to the Flow tactic. Alot of Allys have stated it merely makes any difference, as the right champion on the right node will still cause Havok!...

Any how it looks like next season i will be content with AQ and AW optional.

Kabam still haven't listened that the bloody Tactic needs a Cooldown timer.

Guarantee they will probably add that next season and then come out with another BS tactic which everyone starts using.

It's all about spending items in high tier AW, love AQ rite know!.

Dr Luciano

Comments

• Amadeo01Amadeo01 Posts: 212 ★★★
    It helps, so at least you're not completely helpless against stun/debuff immune nodes, but it's not enough. That and they simultaneously removed the ability for stun to get rid of flow, so wasp, doom, and any champ who stuns off a special basically got a bit of a nerf there too. They should have at the very least kept stun AND allowed well-timed blocks to remove.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,142 ★★★★★
    Colleen said:

Some people clearly don’t know the difference between parry and stun if they don’t realize how much that “nerf” actually did help.

It help one stun and debuff imuns node that abudt it stil wil case a sp3 here and ther one ther wil go pasive no way to get a well time of that
  • KnightNvrEndingKnightNvrEnding Posts: 446 ★★★
    Idk man defenders have been a lot easier with the change😂 even let me solo a Mojo with Domino last war without boosts lol(unduped and suicides but solo is a solo lol)
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Markjv81 said:

They changed the stacks from 5 to 3, Huge difference!

Some ppl dont understand your /s
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★

You're joking right? At first should Stun the opponent to stop the power gain, now you just have to parry them, no need for stun, is much easier when champs like Domino, Stealth and IMIW can't be stunned on their medium attacks but can be parried

You prob dont even play in Tier 1-5.

If you would you would know that Domino and Stealthy arent Flow defenders. My god.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    The change does make it easier but I can guarantee you still won't see a genuinely competitive alliance running a different tactic so some balancing still needs to be done. Faced a couple of the other tactics during this offseason and they really just don't add nearly as much challenge to the fight.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    It’s a double edged sword because you’re gonna take insane block damage by doing that. It helps but not a lot. Cool down timer would have actually helped like bulwark
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Every war is still flow. Still the most competitive defense tactic. Parrying removes the power flood but specials that end with stuns no longer interrupt it. Screws over a bunch of champs
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Seraphion said:

You're joking right? At first should Stun the opponent to stop the power gain, now you just have to parry them, no need for stun, is much easier when champs like Domino, Stealth and IMIW can't be stunned on their medium attacks but can be parried

You prob dont even play in Tier 1-5.

If you would you would know that Domino and Stealthy arent Flow defenders. My god.
    Oh yeah, this person prolly doesn’t run flow wars. Not every defender benefits from flow. A lot of bad defenders benefit from it which makes them actually annoying. Ever sit in a corner dodging a Howard the Duck and get his with a special 3 because he just didn’t use a special and gained in like 15 seconds?

Or fight a p2099 with flow on kinetic reactor, sitting in a corner blocking his special 1 and he ends up with a special 2 from that and then a special 3 from flow? Lol yeah.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Honestly, there a number of tweaks that could really balance Flow. Here are a few off the top of my head.

- Each stack of Power gain has diminishing returns (1=45%, 2=30%,3=15%).
    - Critical hits could refresh the Power Gain passive instead of adding a new one.
    - Each Power Gain could be a Buff as originally stated in the text though never in gameplay.
    - Each Power Gain could have a built in taunt to increase the likelihood of a Special 1 or 2 being thrown.

Obviously these would need testing and numbers might need tweaking but did Kabam really think that the only issue was that there was no counter on the couple of stun immune nodes on the map.
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    They've done a pretty terrible job balancing these Tactics. Every season has a tactic which is clearly the most effective. Then they nerf it or buff the other ones only to have a new one take it's place. They said they wanted the tactics to help buff lesser used defenders, but all they seem to have done is make a certain group of defenders dominant for full seasons at a time.
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    flow should not stack at all it should be 1 passive power gain bcz the gain is crazy it's 35% full power per stack they already khnow that and they don't want to change it
    the problem isn't flow itself but the tweaks the A.I. is getting everytime paired with nodes like this it's mainly a full map of all or nothing fights since most A.I will not launch their special attacks that often

since taunt debuff got introruced the A.I was getting impressive at holding power just to make a job for the debuff suprisingly very often most defenders won't launch specials even when taunt is applied it"s a complete scam