**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

To Awaken: Aegon or Blade?

MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
edited July 2019 in Strategy and Tips
I picked up a 4* Skill Awakening Gem recently and am slightly paralysed with indecision. I have Aegon and Blade both available at 4/40; and my current top champion is (and likely to remain for a long time) an Awakened 5* 4/55 Ghost Rider. I don't have Sparky or The Champion for synergies, and of course I'm mostly going to focus on ranking 5* and 6* champs where possible.

If it was any other option but Aegon, then Blade would seem a foregone conclusion, but who would you Awaken to take to 5/50 in this scenario?

Bearing in mind the 4* Gating in Act 6, this is going to be a champ to help me move from Uncollected towards Cavalier, and to use for clearing EQs, Boss Rushes and Labyrinth of Legends. Which of these great Skill champs is going to help me most; both independently, and as a team member?

Would love explanations as well as votes, thanks.

To Awaken: Aegon or Blade? 48 votes

Aegon
60%
Haji_SaabPrimmer79NoıreAKTEKHammerbro_64AanthoBrokenCharlie_SceneMysterioshadow_lurker22MegaGalacticMarvel2289FhfjghhggggjfhfjgHonaway_23RockypantherxKevin0998UHJ69Mother_FlerkenAdishvar_26Presticles 29 votes
Blade
39%
PantherusNZnoySamdroxtaarSavio444StingerbkTwmRReferenceScopeotoe987KDSuperFlash10ZombieZeddThe_WatcherBlackadder17996VinvickSarreyMasterIanGLexSaviSislack00Incredible_Hulk00Iron_J3 19 votes

Comments

• Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Blade
    I have 4* Blade and Aegon at rank 5, awakened. Blade seemed more useful. I tried using Aegon for content but the health pool would just hold me back. I’m not a pro Aegon player but from what I’ve seen Aegon is a great champ, but the 5* seems more useful in content today. I’d take too much block damage with the 4*, ramping him up seemed difficult when if you get hit you’d prob die. I also say Blade because the 4* helped me become uncollected, that regen was a real life saver. As well as a lot of the bosses in act 5 being villains.
  • StingerbkStingerbk Posts: 160 ★★
    Blade
    At 4*, blade can do alot more for you than aegon.
  • LexSaviLexSavi Posts: 144
    Blade
    Blade’s on demand healing is probably one of the best sigs in game. He’s the immortal vampire for a reason. Since you’re already running GR you get the added benefit of expanded danger sense, which makes pretty much every villain an easy target.
  • UHJ69UHJ69 Posts: 132
    Aegon
    I used a generic AG on Aegon and, if given the choice between the two, wouldn't hesitate to do it again. The caveat being, he needs a high sig to be particularly useful, but when he does, he's an answer to so much content (basically crit every hit, shrug off debuffs, great bleed damage w/sp2) whereas, Blade feels somewhat more limited to me. They're both great, but Aegon would be my choice.
  • Pete4ever_khanPete4ever_khan Posts: 193
    I have spidey stark, blade, ghost R. All 4*; all awaken; all maxed out; all very high sig (near 80s)
    Do i care for blades healing? Not at all.
    Whats different is the content where i am. (Chap 5)
    None of that matters much in cha5.
    If ur thinking Aw attack... then blade it is. Hes great. For RoL too. If u have done that then try aegon. But i agree, blade is useful (for a lot of content... ) but so can be aegon for a lot of new stuff in the game... so weight in were ur planning on using. (Ex im taking to rank4 a vision that i dont like... but i desperately need a power burner, bleed and poison inmune for Road to laby..) im not a fan of vision but i can really use him...
    Just my opinion. Cheers
  • MoNsTeR_804MoNsTeR_804 Posts: 726 ★★★
    Aegon
    Aegon.
    Blade doesn't need awakened to be a god, Aegon does.
    Aegon
    Look at this chart
    Aegon

• Deadlygamer98Deadlygamer98 Posts: 743 ★★★
    Depends, aegon is good for act 6, lol and aol, maybe more, blade is good for lots of content including act 5, if you’re in act 6, aegon, for act 5, blade.
  • Deadlygamer98Deadlygamer98 Posts: 743 ★★★

Depends, aegon is good for act 6, lol and aol, maybe more, blade is good for lots of content including act 5, if you’re in act 6, aegon, for act 5, blade.

Sorry i forgot this post was dead
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Blade
    Blade for your level, his regen is a life saver
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,355 ★★★★
    Blade
    If it was 5* I'd say Aegon 100% but since it's 4* I'd say that Blade is going to be more useful for you, on his own and also in concert with your Ghost Rider
  • AouxWouxAouxWoux Posts: 426 ★★★
    Aegon
    Blade is really old nowadays because there are many bleed immune champs. The only upside about him that he has that spicy regen and higher damage against higher dimensional characters. But Aegon can perform against any character whether their bleed immune or not. He also has that tenacity which can help you get rid of most debuffs. As you mentioned you need a character to clear ROL, Aegon is perfect for ROL. You can also do LOL with him.