**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Abomination is God-Tier?! Best “Synergy Buff” since Winter Soldier??

May_The_WayMay_The_Way Posts: 885 ★★★★
https://youtu.be/pJSQlXvSLDA
Ya, he seems pretty powerful with these synergies. Of course, like Antman, he needs A LOT of them to be viable... but it’s still cool to see him dish this kind of damage.

Comments

• TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    AlphA101 said:

He should be like that without the synergy...kabam needs to buff him big time !

Did you like not even watch the video. Sometimes they buff characters through synergy’s it Doesn’t always have to be a flat out rework
  • MoNsTeR_804MoNsTeR_804 Posts: 726 ★★★
    edited May 2020
    Dork lesson's videos just looked at his new synergy with Red Guardian, why is no player or youtuber talking about this? Like Abomination can now stack poison with a 50% chance on his attacks with the synergy, dealing 70% of the damage? Like seriously, the poisons on the video MELT the opponent, pair that with modok to get some extra poison damage and he goes from a trash, useless champion to an actually useable champion. Like he isn't the best champ in the game, but srsly, he is a hundred times better than he used to be! One of the best synergy Kabam has released!
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=pJSQlXvSLDA&t=164s
  • HzoriHzori Posts: 288 ★★
    Wow, that damage is insane!
    Hzori said:

Wow, that damage is insane!

I know! Why is no one talking about it? From the bottom of the trashiest to the trash to a poison-demi god!
    Haji_Saab said:

No one is talking about it because hardly anyone has Abomination as 6* and almost no one has both Abomination and Red Guardian.

@Haji_Saab Well, mate, loads of people have 5 or 6 star abominations and when the red guardian crystals come out and they pull a 5 or 6 star red guardian, their abomination will have a use. You're acting like Red Guardian is non-existent and he will never be in the game.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Personally I’m ready for the Hulkbuster buff to go live so OG Black Panther can put in some work
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,532 ★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

No one is talking about it because hardly anyone has Abomination as 6* and almost no one has both Abomination and Red Guardian.

My jr account owns a 6* abomination but as yet does not own Red Guardian

But when it does...happy days
    Bulmkt said:

Haji_Saab said:

My jr account owns a 6* abomination but as yet does not own Red Guardian

But when it does...happy days
    Good luck! Congrats if u pull him as a 5 or 6 star for the cav crystals! Or in 3 months times when he drops in the basic pools!
  • gage201205gage201205 Posts: 568 ★★★
    Always had a soft spot for abomination he used to have the best stats in the game not to sure we're he compares now
  • Silver_SagaSilver_Saga Posts: 361 ★★★

Why is no one talking about it?

Because right now you likely need to spend units or money to get Red Guardian, through crystals or refresh in the 5* arena, that synergy being only available with the 5 or 6 star. Maybe that synergy will become relevant, somehow, when he's added to the regular 5* crystals... but I doubt it will since like others have pointed out, many better champions can do the same by themselves. Still, it's a nice synergy, I agree.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

Haji_Saab said:

@Haji_Saab Well, mate, loads of people have 5 or 6 star abominations and when the red guardian crystals come out and they pull a 5 or 6 star red guardian, their abomination will have a use. You're acting like Red Guardian is non-existent and he will never be in the game.
    Yes, Red Guardian will be eventually available to all. But that doesn't change the fact you need to get at least both champions and invest resources into it to be usable. Resources that are spare and can be invested in a single champion that does all but better with no synergies whatsoever (like AA).

If your favourite character is Abomination (PS A-Bomb is a different character), then yeah sure, go ahead. If Abomination is the first 6* you get and you have a 4* or 5* Red Guardian, sure go ahead. But in all other cases, no don't rank-up Abomination.

As I said before: synergies are a band-aid, they don't structurally alter a champion. Abomination remains a bad pull. Synergies are made as cash-cows, so you would spend on crystals on getting this new champion. They don't add it to the basic kit as most people already have Abomination and they won't earn money from that. But at a certain point, enough people are getting sick of pulling **** champions and quit. Conveniently, MROC is getting launched so Kabam can start all over again. This game has reached its endpoint and I don't see much evidence Kabam is seriously investing in it anymore but rather trying to keep the whales with endgame content.
  • SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    edited May 2020
    I don't know why people complain about synergy buffs. They are easier to implement than kit buffs, make more money for Kabam, and make the game more fun imo. Sure it takes time to pull the champ but at least featured crystals make it easier.

Using the same champions over and over can get tiring but if I had Red Guardian I could spice up my content runs and use Abomination or Unstoppable Colossus. Let's face it: Kabam is never going to go back and buff champions like @AlphA101 suggests. It's just not practical for them and would make them less money. Synergy buffs are the only way for some of the old champions to find some use other than full on reworks.

But the main issue is that Kabam isn't releasing enough of these synergies. We need many more such as ones for Cable, Punisher 2099, Dormmammu, Sentry, Green Goblin, Phoenix, Surfer, Carnage, etc. There's a whole lot of champions that require simple fixes that can be brought through synergy buffs similar to how Mordo finally got some fury duration increase synergies. Synergies like Antman's, Winter Soldier's, UC's, Korg's, Beast's, Thrag's, Mephisto's, and Abomination's allow them to be used in endgame content when paired with some of the best champions in the game. They might not be the best options to use but their damage and quirky utilities sure make them fun.
    Hey guys, chill i'm just saying he's a hundred times better than before so he's not actually that trash now!
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

Hey guys, chill i'm just saying he's a hundred times better than before so he's not actually that trash now!

threads have a tendency to explode, it’s the nature of the forums.
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,546 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    Why is everyone silent on the buff that unstoppable colossus got? Where’s the love for him with the red guardian synergy? https://youtu.be/jxW3YbDNAGA
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,256 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    These are things that didn't need Red Guardian coming out to implement so the response is tepid.

People are Yay! but also Boo! because they could have and should have done it already a long time ago especially since we've been pleading with them to hurry up with the buffs, stop wasting time with supersloooow reworks that aren't needed, and to stop tying this process into new champ releases. Does anyone think that without buffs for Abomination and UC, Red Guardian wouldn't still sell all the crystals and make Kabam a ton of money? Those synergies could have been released forever ago as solos.