**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

General Game Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    tafre said:

tafre said:

Another thing to put into the feedback you guys are supposedly “absorbing”:

Don’t break a delicate, forever used and significant mechanic, timing out, right in the middle of AQ. I don’t expect any compensation because apparently:

I know some will disagree but quite frankly I couldn’t care any less. I consider myself pretty skilled in this game and I run paths like Vivified, Mesmerize/Prove Yourself which are considerably two of the harder lanes on map7 and I use Corvus. Timing out especially on Vivified is usually pretty essential because with the node description and all the champs on the lane, it is close to impossible to power control so tons of people have to time our using Corvus and even when I asked you guys on another thread “Who should I use instead of Corvus on Vivified?” nobody had an answer. So people have to resort to this, period. Vivified is just one example for AQ, some use this method on CSWS lanes and when some people fail to finish the map, the boss can be chipped down using this method even though sometimes it takes ages. If this is not fixed ASAP, probably a huge chunk of players, including myself, will quit playing high tier AQ. I personally do not spend much as I have stated before early in this thread but lots of people who run top tier AQ do so this can be an incentive to fix your mistake. (maybe even compensate, not expecting anything but still)

Yeah they refused to compensate us for the Abyss Captain Sparkles fight even though it was massively bugged and cost a lot of players who did Abyss a lot of revives. I know I spent 10-15 on her alone so I’m pretty peeved that I’m not getting compensation for doing a bugged fight that I didn’t know was bugged.
    They have great opportunities like this where issuing the statement “Sorry this fight not working as intended and we fixed it. Here is a package because you had an unfair disadvantage.” and they can get ahead of all the Kabam shaming but what do they do? “We fixed this bug when it was first observed. We are not planning a compensation for those who were affected. Closing this thread now.”

They saw that CMM was bugged when Seatin did this live on day1. So no it was not fixed the moment they observed it. I personally used Magik, a 30% mixed, 15% attack and health boosts and she went down in 6-7 revives but even with all this it was a horrible fight but we all know compensation is never really an option 🤷🏻‍♂️. Makes me feel very pessimistic.
    And it's not like they would have to give out something huge, just something that shows that they made an honest mistake and that they're sorry about it. Some gold, iso, or energy would be better than nothing, and at least it'll put you in good standing with the player base.
  • Roboct1Roboct1 Posts: 24
    How is there not a cavalier difficulty setting yet? I can understand at the introduction of the cavalier title why they wouldn't want to push progression that far with that state of the game, but 6.1 was introduced over a YEAR ago (March 13th, 2019)! Uncollected is just so stale nowadays and the rewards feel so dated, every month I ask myself if it's even worth doing but then again there's been nothing else to do.

There has been just one boss rush and no celebrity events, special quests, hell even variant 5 is late. Just sub-par, ultra-grindy side events with the same old bland event quests, its no wonder everyone feels like the game is fizzling out.

PS: Cavalier crystals should not contain 3 or 4 star characters. If you can't use 3 or 4 star characters to unlock the crystal don't include them in the rewards.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    tafre said:

tafre said:

Don’t break a delicate, forever used and significant mechanic, timing out, right in the middle of AQ. I don’t expect any compensation because apparently:

I know some will disagree but quite frankly I couldn’t care any less. I consider myself pretty skilled in this game and I run paths like Vivified, Mesmerize/Prove Yourself which are considerably two of the harder lanes on map7 and I use Corvus. Timing out especially on Vivified is usually pretty essential because with the node description and all the champs on the lane, it is close to impossible to power control so tons of people have to time our using Corvus and even when I asked you guys on another thread “Who should I use instead of Corvus on Vivified?” nobody had an answer. So people have to resort to this, period. Vivified is just one example for AQ, some use this method on CSWS lanes and when some people fail to finish the map, the boss can be chipped down using this method even though sometimes it takes ages. If this is not fixed ASAP, probably a huge chunk of players, including myself, will quit playing high tier AQ. I personally do not spend much as I have stated before early in this thread but lots of people who run top tier AQ do so this can be an incentive to fix your mistake. (maybe even compensate, not expecting anything but still)

Yeah they refused to compensate us for the Abyss Captain Sparkles fight even though it was massively bugged and cost a lot of players who did Abyss a lot of revives. I know I spent 10-15 on her alone so I’m pretty peeved that I’m not getting compensation for doing a bugged fight that I didn’t know was bugged.
    They have great opportunities like this where issuing the statement “Sorry this fight not working as intended and we fixed it. Here is a package because you had an unfair disadvantage.” and they can get ahead of all the Kabam shaming but what do they do? “We fixed this bug when it was first observed. We are not planning a compensation for those who were affected. Closing this thread now.”

They saw that CMM was bugged when Seatin did this live on day1. So no it was not fixed the moment they observed it. I personally used Magik, a 30% mixed, 15% attack and health boosts and she went down in 6-7 revives but even with all this it was a horrible fight but we all know compensation is never really an option 🤷🏻‍♂️. Makes me feel very pessimistic.
    We can't say they saw that based on YouTube. We don't know that. Just saying. I've seen that point brought up a number of times. The devs aren't necessarily watching YouTube all the time. They're doing their job.
    Roboct1 said:

How is there not a cavalier difficulty setting yet? I can understand at the introduction of the cavalier title why they wouldn't want to push progression that far with that state of the game, but 6.1 was introduced over a YEAR ago (March 13th, 2019)! Uncollected is just so stale nowadays and the rewards feel so dated, every month I ask myself if it's even worth doing but then again there's been nothing else to do.

There has been just one boss rush and no celebrity events, special quests, hell even variant 5 is late. Just sub-par, ultra-grindy side events with the same old bland event quests, its no wonder everyone feels like the game is fizzling out.

PS: Cavalier crystals should not contain 3 or 4 star characters. If you can't use 3 or 4 star characters to unlock the crystal don't include them in the rewards.

They're working on it. You can't expect them to just roll out content quickly right now due to what's going on. They said it would be coming after a few months, and I suspect other things like variant 5 are also being pushed back because of quarantine. We just need to be patient right now and give Kabam some time to sort everything out.
  • Roboct1Roboct1 Posts: 24

They're working on it. You can't expect them to just roll out content quickly right now due to what's going on. They said it would be coming after a few months, and I suspect other things like variant 5 are also being pushed back because of quarantine. We just need to be patient right now and give Kabam some time to sort everything out.

I completely understand with the pandemic why things would be slow RIGHT NOW, however what I was saying is that it has been over a YEAR since the introduction of cavalier. You don't think a 6 month to 1 year timeline to release is more than sufficient? Keeping in mind that there was no pandemic for the overwhelming majority of this timeline.
    Imo if they didn't have any immediate plans to release a new difficulty setting they shouldn't have released a new progression tier.
    Roboct1 said:

I completely understand with the pandemic why things would be slow RIGHT NOW, however what I was saying is that it has been over a YEAR since the introduction of cavalier. You don't think a 6 month to 1 year timeline to release is more than sufficient? Keeping in mind that there was no pandemic for the overwhelming majority of this timeline.
    Imo if they didn't have any immediate plans to release a new difficulty setting they shouldn't have released a new progression tier.
    Well I would think that during that time they would be working on the rest of Act 6, since Story Mode does seem to be a priority for Kabam over an EQ. I think for Kabam, the Cavalier title wasn't a big milestone compared to uncollected at first, which is why they had no plans to implement Cavalier EQ. I mean Uncollected difficulty is the only title-based difficulty in the EQ because it was a big deal. With cavalier being a smaller step in terms of progression, I don't think they felt that Cavalier EQ was necessary when they first released the title.

HOWEVER, now Kabam has listen to us, and is working on Cavalier EQ after the community decided that Cavalier difficulty would be a great addition. So to answer your question, I don't think that Kabam had intended to make cavalier difficulty an actual thing until quite a few moths later when the player base felt like CavEQ would be a good addition.
    tafre said:

tafre said:

tafre said:

We can't say they saw that based on YouTube. We don't know that. Just saying. I've seen that point brought up a number of times. The devs aren't necessarily watching YouTube all the time. They're doing their job.
    Like always you have no idea what you are talking about. Here is the proof, scrolled back until I found the tweet. Go check twitter if you don’t believe me. They knew on day 1, probably less than 2 hrs of AOL release, that this fight was like that, period.

Did I not say the devs? Some Moderators wear many hats, but that doesn't mean they are the devs. Obviously Miike was just enjoying the Stream, not looking for errors. Another point is that some issues take time. They take time to report, discover, investigate, fix, etc. There's no shelf life on a bug. Why that point needs to be made repeatedly is beyond me.
    Wozzy101 said:

tafre said:

tafre said:

tafre said:

Like always you have no idea what you are talking about. Here is the proof, scrolled back until I found the tweet. Go check twitter if you don’t believe me. They knew on day 1, probably less than 2 hrs of AOL release, that this fight was like that, period.

Did I not say the devs? Some Moderators wear many hats, but that doesn't mean they are the devs. Obviously Miike was just enjoying the Stream, not looking for errors. Another point is that some issues take time. They take time to report, discover, investigate, fix, etc. There's no shelf life on a bug. Why that point needs to be made repeatedly is beyond me.
    C’mon. They would surely have data immediately on the number of hits taken to beat each champion in the Abyss. The average damage points per hit, average revives used etc. They would match the expected numbers against the the reality and see the damage is way off and there would be a glitch. There has to be quality control as part of everything released to see if things are in the realm of being as expected. You’d see after 2 or 3 fights things are off. After 2 weeks you’d have so much data to show things are not as expected. If I’m running Kabam and launch an epic new game mode with so much on the line in terms of new rewards there is no chance I’m not looking at this data continuously. And absolutely I would have people from the dev team looking at how the game is being online. It would be fundamental to see if how the content is being received. I don’t know how anyone would run a company but then choose to ignore all the rich data that’s available instantly online.
    That's not how data works.
    Wozzy101 said:

Wozzy101 said:

tafre said:

tafre said:

tafre said:

C’mon. They would surely have data immediately on the number of hits taken to beat each champion in the Abyss. The average damage points per hit, average revives used etc. They would match the expected numbers against the the reality and see the damage is way off and there would be a glitch. There has to be quality control as part of everything released to see if things are in the realm of being as expected. You’d see after 2 or 3 fights things are off. After 2 weeks you’d have so much data to show things are not as expected. If I’m running Kabam and launch an epic new game mode with so much on the line in terms of new rewards there is no chance I’m not looking at this data continuously. And absolutely I would have people from the dev team looking at how the game is being online. It would be fundamental to see if how the content is being received. I don’t know how anyone would run a company but then choose to ignore all the rich data that’s available instantly online.
    That's not how data works.
    No that is exactly how data works. Go look at the rebalance data they used back in February. The link below shows information such as damage per second for Cull vs different champs against Realm Of Legends Winter Soldier. They absolutely will collect this kind of data for every champion used against every defender in Abyss. You’d have to be mad to think a multi million dollar company doesn’t collect this information and use it to assess how if new content is performing as expected. Now how quickly they act on results is another matter. But yes, this is exactly how it works.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/179327/cull-obsidian-rebalance-information
    No. That's not how data works. A few Fights witnessed on a Live Stream is not enough data to ascertain much of anything. Much less how much needs to be adjusted. All I'm seeing is a great deal of conjecture based on expectations.

When reading this it seems everytime like:

GroundedWisdom vs. Rest of the mcoc community 😅

Somehow entertaining but it sucks because all interesting threads are full of dumb discussions going off topic

Mods why can't you stop this nonsense? Or @GroundedWisdom just keep your opinions for yourself or do you like to collect "disagree" buttons 🤷‍♂️

Please refrain from these types of comments. Although we may disagree with each other, telling others to keep their opinions to themselves isn't constructive. Issues like these tend to exhibit group polarization, and that can't be helped, but do to others what you want to be done upon yourself. Please don't tell people to stop sharing their opinions unless you are willing to stop sharing your opinions yourself.

Please don't stop sharing your opinions! You guys are doing some important work here!

Thank you!
  • jacboonjacboon Posts: 39
    Back on topic - how cool would it be if there was a rotating global and/or fixed (lane specific) class or tag buff? I've played games in the past where certain character types would get a boost for a week or would have variant style added utility in certain content. Way to make all the currently useless champs relevant without having to totally rework them...
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Wayntos said:

So I'm a little slow I just watch Seatin's video of ACT 7 beta, is that what broke him, the Sabertooth and MODOCK fight? I dip my my toes into Act 6 saw I really don't want any part of that right now, so I'm working on getting Elders Bane.

The game is fun, but Kabam has taking the fun out of it with these nodes and all the useless champs the amount of useless champs is almost as more frustrating as these ridiculous nodes, almost. Watching these leet players with dream team champs, playing with maxed out champs getting wrecked by these nodes. Where is the fun? I understand making the game challenging but there is a point where its just all a money grab.I'm a free to play person I'm glad I did not rush to complete Act 5! So i can take my time enjoy some almost reasonable game play before going into act 6. Someone at Kabam please listen make MCOC great again or at least enjoyable! Unit man is really i just don't have him in my roster!

None of these leet players got wrecked in Act 6. In fact, most of these youtubers did Act 6 just one day after it was released. Act 7 hasn't been released yet and beta is normally harder than the actual stuff.

Work on Act 5 100% and don't fall into group think. The whole act 6 can be done without spending a single penny.
    Could’ve sworn legend runs for 6.2 went into days. Imagine the fastest players taking days to complete content
  • SnurrisSnurris Posts: 428 ★★★
    That Act 6, abyss and new content is supposed to be really hard with damn near impossible fights. It’s an evolution of the game.
    What I have a problem with is that it’s so focused on specific counters and the pool Of champs in crystals is soooo big.
    Really good content is the one that require skill and practice to beat.
    It should be up to skill and practice to beat the content, not RNG getting one of the few champs required.