**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AQ Timeout

Comments

• StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Doesn’t Ghost with Hood work well for Vivified? I don’t do map 7 so I’m probably missing something, but that’s how I got through the Vivified path in 6.4.5
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    tafre said:

Gamer said:

tafre said:

Hey guys,

I just want to reiterate: We don't want to fix this until players don't have a reason to rely on this method. We know there are reasons that players do it, and we want to address those first.

We don't want you to think that your only way to beat something is pausing and sitting still for a few minutes. That's not fun, and leads to more frustration, but that's a method that many people think is the only viable option for them right now. We want to change that first, so that you don't feel like you need to play this way.

Can you tell me which aspect of something being done repetitively every week without any changes can actually be fun? AQ has never been something fun, it is like a chore you have to do to get something in return but you do not require to do it. If somebody says that they want you to mow the lawn and they will give you money afterwards you can opt to do it but it is not something fun, you do it for the money. AQ is not fun, I do it for the t5b. Not the perfect analogy but I think people will get what I am trying to say. There is nothing fun about doing the exact same things every single week, it is and has always been a chore you do to get resources.
    Why du u play the game if u don’t do it for fun I’m fx like AQ more then AW atm I’m get your point but if u don’t play the game for fun I’m wil like to ikow how op in the end game u is
    I am done with every piece of content but 3 paths of AOL. Working on that currently. I used to be in a top20 AQ alliance, now I still play map7 in a top 90 ally. That probably answers the final thing you said.

Don’t get me wrong I absolutely love this game but AQ has never been something that is fun imo. It is repetitive and just a means to an end. The only thing fun about AQ is the end of Day 5 and getting the rewards. AOL is fun, AW was fun in the past, LOL was fun, I think Act 6 had some fun parts as well, I genuinely enjoy the game. However I do not have fun when I get to kill the same boss with a few alternating minibosses. Like I said, only a means to an end.
    I’m getting your point that fair I’m only Hav abyss left. Now done act6 100 so almost as you aside from Top 90 AQ top 200. And what I’m don’t like with Map6 is the gold can’t images map7 has only done map7 one time hasn’t done it since
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    tafre said:

Doesn’t Ghost with Hood work well for Vivified? I don’t do map 7 so I’m probably missing something, but that’s how I got through the Vivified path in 6.4.5

There is a Korg on the path so you would not want to tank the sp3. Also KG regens 808 health each tick on his regular regen and tanking sp3, would trigger the massive regen there so it would be hard to deal with. Also there is an Iron Patriot and if you tank his sp3, you are stunned for 4.75 seconds. Not to mention Diablo with his unstoppable triggering node, well annoying path. Shortly Ghost would not be a good option even with that synergy.
    Are you struggling with vivified? I’ve been doing that path forever now. Maybe you need to adjust your team or later lanes to better counter it. Maybe you Could also use an alternative fighting style to mange the lane.

This is today’s vivified run.

• Neffa45Neffa45 Posts: 22
    Just so everyone knows you can't get rid of timers in AQ and war or people could literally just kill progression by stopping on a mini, or any other bottleneck, pause the game and then no one can get around it until the player un-paused and won or lost the fight.
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    Neffa45 said:

Just so everyone knows you can't get rid of timers in AQ and war or people could literally just kill progression by stopping on a mini, or any other bottleneck, pause the game and then no one can get around it until the player un-paused and won or lost the fight.

That person would have to be in your alliance. And then would be only hurting your own team? Why would you want someone like that?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,863 ★★★★★
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

At first, I wasnt going to comment, but now I am. I am not affected by this change, but there are a few things wrong with it and how things were carried out.

1) Why were you guys not only discussing it, but planning on implementing this without a word said. It was stated that this was bwing tested but not meant to go live, so this was in the works for a while. What other changes are you guys planning?

2) This method has been around for forever. Why does it need to get changed now? There have been numerous AQ vids from content creators that we know you watch of them timing out on purpose.

These changes are getting stupid. There is no transparency. Why are we expected to have these changes made and be happy about it? Doesn't make sense to me.

When did they say they were going to do it without any notice?
    Neffa45 said:

Easy fix, pause timer instead of fight timer.

Additionally a pause timer instead of fight timer may be a possible solution. Fight till you die but get a game clock preventing you from pausing indefinitely.
  • Neffa45Neffa45 Posts: 22

Neffa45 said:

That person would have to be in your alliance. And then would be only hurting your own team? Why would you want someone like that?
    People do crazy things all the time, the point is that it could even be by accident and then the whole Battlegroup couldn't move. There has to be a timer that kicks you out of the fight so others can move.
    tafre said:

tafre said:

There is a Korg on the path so you would not want to tank the sp3. Also KG regens 808 health each tick on his regular regen and tanking sp3, would trigger the massive regen there so it would be hard to deal with. Also there is an Iron Patriot and if you tank his sp3, you are stunned for 4.75 seconds. Not to mention Diablo with his unstoppable triggering node, well annoying path. Shortly Ghost would not be a good option even with that synergy.
    Are you struggling with vivified? I’ve been doing that path forever now. Maybe you need to adjust your team or later lanes to better counter it. Maybe you Could also use an alternative fighting style to mange the lane.

This is today’s vivified run.

I use proxima corvus and capiw, get 3 charges on Vision, use capiw for KM and Diablo, get 4th charge ofF Bishop, kill Korg with Proxima and heal Corvus on KG if he has enough health to get hit by an sp1 I have no issues with running vivified. However these champions are not actually counters to the node. Baiting out multiple specials is not fun and the original post where Vivified was announced had suggeted counters which power controlled the node like Spider Gwen, Vulture, not Corvus. Sometimes mistakes happen and I am pretty sure that you bring Corvus on that lane just in case that you have to time out. I am also pretty sure that Corvus was nowhere near full health when you fought that KG. Not really the thing to argue here. Also I may not be struggling kn Vivified but that does not mean other people are not and they might be resorting to Corvus as well. I just pointed out Vivified because it is a very hard node combined with other hard nodes on the champions that practically makes an entire lane Corvus-timeout lane. It would be oblivious to state otherwise.
    You’d be wrong on all assumptions, except KG But that’s for the wrong reason; Corvus entered the fight at ~95% and healed to 100 due to the bleed on him. I bring Corvus because he hits so damn hard after Vision that he makes Killmonger and Diablo easily manageable afterwards.

Proxima is a cheerleader/back up and used for the mini bosses.

I’m able to do that lane without timing out and using items solely due to my error, not because the lane in insurmountable without cheating it.

Like I said previously if people are struggling with that lane they need to reexamine their strategy not wether or not timeouts are the way to conquer it.
    Bwest289 said:

I just want to understand how a change can "accidentally" go live on day 4 of AQ but can't be reverted until after AQ has finished on day 5. Makes no sense. If you're still at the stage of discussing options how did this option get developed and pushed? It feels like it was intentional, this is are planning this option and you guys wanted to see what the communities reaction would be to this option.

Again, you're saying you'll address nodes first before you implement a change like this but you implemented the change to the timeout experience before any nodes were changed. I'm reading one thing while seeing the exact opposite happen

Fairly simple, they mistakingly load a configuration for the map/timer and are unable to remove that configuration until after the map is over.
    tafre said:

tafre said:

Gamer said:

tafre said:

Gamer said:

tafre said:

Hey guys,

I just want to reiterate: We don't want to fix this until players don't have a reason to rely on this method. We know there are reasons that players do it, and we want to address those first.

We don't want you to think that your only way to beat something is pausing and sitting still for a few minutes. That's not fun, and leads to more frustration, but that's a method that many people think is the only viable option for them right now. We want to change that first, so that you don't feel like you need to play this way.

Can you tell me which aspect of something being done repetitively every week without any changes can actually be fun? AQ has never been something fun, it is like a chore you have to do to get something in return but you do not require to do it. If somebody says that they want you to mow the lawn and they will give you money afterwards you can opt to do it but it is not something fun, you do it for the money. AQ is not fun, I do it for the t5b. Not the perfect analogy but I think people will get what I am trying to say. There is nothing fun about doing the exact same things every single week, it is and has always been a chore you do to get resources.
    Why du u play the game if u don’t do it for fun I’m fx like AQ more then AW atm I’m get your point but if u don’t play the game for fun I’m wil like to ikow how op in the end game u is
    I am done with every piece of content but 3 paths of AOL. Working on that currently. I used to be in a top20 AQ alliance, now I still play map7 in a top 90 ally. That probably answers the final thing you said.

Don’t get me wrong I absolutely love this game but AQ has never been something that is fun imo. It is repetitive and just a means to an end. The only thing fun about AQ is the end of Day 5 and getting the rewards. AOL is fun, AW was fun in the past, LOL was fun, I think Act 6 had some fun parts as well, I genuinely enjoy the game. However I do not have fun when I get to kill the same boss with a few alternating minibosses. Like I said, only a means to an end.
    I’m getting your point that fair I’m only Hav abyss left. Now done act6 100 so almost as you aside from Top 90 AQ top 200. And what I’m don’t like with Map6 is the gold can’t images map7 has only done map7 one time hasn’t done it since
    Yep not that different, I think you are talking about the donation costs to be able to run map7. Yes it is expensive as hell, even now I think it should be lowered because most top alliances get treasury dumps from mercs. It is the reality of the situation not trying to point fingers. However if this implementation is made, nobody would donate anything because nobody will be playing high tier AQ.
    The top allies that pay for donations, pay third parties because it’s cheaper than paying Kabam.
    Third parties: Mercs. That was not what I was trying to say anyways. There won’t be donations at all if this thing goes live at some point in the future without any proper adjustment is what I meant to say. I do not doubt that many people will consider quitting high tier AQ just because of this.
    Mercs play the game for you, call donation drops by whatever you want, i call them third parties.

First, people who lay out the map will need to reexamine how they approach it. Then If players cannot do those maps without taking advantage of an unintended mechanic there is nothing wrong with them stepping down to a lower map; players are not entitled to bugs.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    So if I am using venom the duck on a lower map and I have a bunch of banked regen and I have pushed the opponent to 3 bars. If I pause game to wait out match knowing I will heal up what I lose, is that a bug?
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,150 ★★★★
    Neffa45 said:

Sorry but your imagination/creativeness is a bit limited here... If Kabam decides to go the route of getting rid of timers, they could easily implement an option (for officers) to be able to kill the fight. Put in some logic that it has to been occupied for X amount of time, whatever requirements are needed... Kabam can already kick us out mid-fight. It’s just a bunch of 1s and 0s up in the cloud... It can be done.

Kabam please let us be part of the conversations you are having with this. Stop making assumptions of why we use certain tactics in the game and talk to us... There are a lot of bright minds amongst us players who love this game who can help craft enjoyable solutions. Let us know what options you have considered. Being blind-sided like this consistently is really getting old.
  • Air98Air98 Posts: 81 ★★

Hey everybody,

Last night, a change to the fight timeout penalty erroneously went live. Prior to this change, some Champions were able to avoid being knocked out when timing out with very low health.

This change to the Timeout penalty was not intentional at this time, and we’re working to revert it right now. It may not be possible for this to go into effect until this AQ is over though. We apologize for this situation and are evaluating appropriate compensation.

That said, Champions being able to survive a timeout at 1% Health is a bug. This breaks a rule of the structure of the game and needs to be addressed someday.

This was a fix that we were exploring, and was not meant to go live. It was one of a few different solutions we were looking at, and whatever solution we decide to move forward with, we will do it with advanced warnings, proper communication, compensation, and not in the middle of AW/AQ.

To reiterate, we are not rolling with this change at this time, and don’t have a timeline for when we will address this bug or a finalized plan for how.

We don’t think that this timeout play pattern is fun or healthy for the game and want to fix it, but only after we’ve done a deeper dive into where this change will make major impacts, and we also want to address the underlying reasons why a player might choose this way to complete content.

Conversations around this issue are ongoing, and we are working with players as well as the team to address it. We don’t have any more information to share on it at this time but will let you all know when we do and will give plenty of notice before we institute a fix for this bug.

Are you kidding me? Your still giving priority to "bugs" that help the players instead of the mountain of backlash from the last two weeks?