**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AQ Timeout

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

A real solution would be to remove the ability to pause during timed Fights altogether. The Timer continues anyway. Never got the point of it myself. If you can't finish it in the allotted time, take the L.

Charnutz said:

Charnutz said:

I still can’t wrap my head around the Kabam logic that no champ should survive a time out at 1% health. Is the rule not that champs are knocked out when their hp reaches zero? Are they proposing changing the rule to champs are now knocked out if they have less than 1% but more than zero if it’s a timeout? Somebody make it make sense please. I’m so confused right

Time Out is meant to remove 50% of their Health. 50% of 1% isn't a thing that's supposed to happen. At least that's the understanding I have.
    Health isn't based on %. If I go from one fight to the next with 250 health. That might be 1% but half that is 125 which is what I should start the next fight with
    Health may not be, but the way the Time Out resetter works might be. I just explained my understanding of what's been said here.
    I honestly could care less how the time out resetter works. That's not my problem and literally has nothing to do with this and you sticking up for them like usual
    Did you even read the words I typed? Someone asked to understand the logic so I tried to look at the logic from what I can see. If you're that bothered by my comments, why did you quote me and debate what I said?
    You say you looked at the logic and came to an understanding even though kabam’s explanation contradicts the rules they put in place. The half health penalty has been in the game longer than our ability to see health as a percentage. The penalty was even introduced as half of the champs health not 50% of the champs health. Logically speaking health has always, since the inception of AQ and AW, been measured as a whole number not a percentage in AQ and AW. Notice how health pots and revives in alliance mode are based on whole numbers not percentages. Again I say this 1% ish is a load of carp. If the results of the existing half health penalty is still a whole number above zero a champion should not be knocked out. I don’t know how that doesn’t make sense to you

I tried to offer logic based on their explanation, yes. Which is really a stretch more than how I feel. Personally, I don’t think people should be quitting the Fight by timing out just so they can get a redo. They've gone a step more and allowed people to do it until they come up with a system that no longer requires people to do it. So here we have a bug, from their perspective, which is being allowed to remain for the benefit of Players, and we're still here debating a so-called nerf. To something that hasn't been changed. If you want to be frank, I agree. If you're timing out at 1%, you lost.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★
    tafre said:

Charnutz said:

DNA3000 said:

Charnutz said:

Wait, @DNA3000 . I guess you support this constant garbage shoved at you? Stop being a puppet dude

It seems the people who think this change is absurd aren't willing to consider the idea that at a higher level such a change might be necessary for the game, while the people who think this change is entirely reasonable think this is just how game development is supposed to happen. I'm not sure who you think I'm being a puppet of exactly, but this is clearly one of those issues where I am unlikely to be anything more than target practice in no-man's land.
    I've been around a while and I understand that this mechanic probably shouldn't of been here from the start but it has been for 2 years and now out of nowhere it's getting fixed because it's a "bug". The only reason this is getting "fixed" is because of 💲. There is honestly no other explanation. Each time corvus denies a death in AQ it's money out of kabam's pockets. That's just the way it is
    I don't know why this has to keep being said but I'll say it again. The goal is to fix the "bug" with a proper solution so players don't have to rely on it to do map 7. So idea they are doing this for money seems to be completely false. It will be put back to what it was before the accidental update, allowing people to continue to use the "bug" until a proper solution is found. That doesn't sound like it's just for money now does it?
    I know that they are supposedly working on a solution before actually implementing the fix, assuming that this just slipped into the server and it can happen I get it, but I really cannot find any reason why they would work on fixing the bug first rather than observing why people do it constantly? Why not tell that they think that this is planned to be fixed sometime in the future and ask what could be done to stop people from resorting to it? It feels like it is always the opposite direction. Find proper solutions first, then fix after discussing it, that is how things should work to be honest not the other way around.
    Maybe they were making the observations. We don't know. It'd be helpful if Miike gave us some data on it and their thought process but seeing as this was intended, I can see why none of it was presented because it's not in a presentable format right now. Truth is, we'll never know the plan because of this error and no one will believe them if they said they wanted to present us with the facts first. But they did do it with the rebalances and really took our feedback into consideration. Same with book 2 beta.
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 811 ★★★★

A real solution would be to remove the ability to pause during timed Fights altogether. The Timer continues anyway. Never got the point of it myself. If you can't finish it in the allotted time, take the L.

Charnutz said:

Charnutz said:

I still can’t wrap my head around the Kabam logic that no champ should survive a time out at 1% health. Is the rule not that champs are knocked out when their hp reaches zero? Are they proposing changing the rule to champs are now knocked out if they have less than 1% but more than zero if it’s a timeout? Somebody make it make sense please. I’m so confused right

Time Out is meant to remove 50% of their Health. 50% of 1% isn't a thing that's supposed to happen. At least that's the understanding I have.
    Health isn't based on %. If I go from one fight to the next with 250 health. That might be 1% but half that is 125 which is what I should start the next fight with
    Health may not be, but the way the Time Out resetter works might be. I just explained my understanding of what's been said here.
    I honestly could care less how the time out resetter works. That's not my problem and literally has nothing to do with this and you sticking up for them like usual
    Did you even read the words I typed? Someone asked to understand the logic so I tried to look at the logic from what I can see. If you're that bothered by my comments, why did you quote me and debate what I said?
    You say you looked at the logic and came to an understanding even though kabam’s explanation contradicts the rules they put in place. The half health penalty has been in the game longer than our ability to see health as a percentage. The penalty was even introduced as half of the champs health not 50% of the champs health. Logically speaking health has always, since the inception of AQ and AW, been measured as a whole number not a percentage in AQ and AW. Notice how health pots and revives in alliance mode are based on whole numbers not percentages. Again I say this 1% ish is a load of carp. If the results of the existing half health penalty is still a whole number above zero a champion should not be knocked out. I don’t know how that doesn’t make sense to you

I tried to offer logic based on their explanation, yes. Which is really a stretch more than how I feel. Personally, I don’t think people should be quitting the Fight by timing out just so they can get a redo. They've gone a step more and allowed people to do it until they come up with a system that no longer requires people to do it. So here we have a bug, from their perspective, which is being allowed to remain for the benefit of Players, and we're still here debating a so-called nerf. To something that hasn't been changed. If you want to be frank, I agree. If you're timing out at 1%, you lost.
    A “bug” that’s been in the game since they introduced the half health penalty That now all of a sudden needs to be fixed right. I used to give you the benefit of the doubt but now I see if kabam was selling beachfront property in the Sahara Desert you’d buy it. You know there are some players who legitimately timeout at low health so by yours and kabam logic screw them. From your understanding it’s okay for kabam to make rules that contradict existing rules. Smh
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★

slacker said:

Mike already said they won't fix it so it's fine for now, beside we gonna have another compensation.Why people not relax a bit, and stop using "cash grab" term everytime to reason against bug or anything, because i don't see any sense in it

because there's so many other bugs that they can put their attention to first. But they want to "fix" something because it costs them $$ from unit purchases and item usages.
    Still false to see any sense, because they are fix many bug and only show to player in patch note update every month, and this bug is really huge one so may catch their attention
    Beside Mike said "...We don't want to fix this..." in his comment, and you still act like it not exist
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    The obvious solution is to just pause the timer when you pause the match, then players can't just pause their way to a timeout and exploit the system as mentioned by a few people.
  • Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★

The obvious solution is to just pause the timer when you pause the match, then players can't just pause their way to a timeout and exploit the system as mentioned by a few people.

I Honestly agree with that

They change the game again?? What compensation will they give us this time? Our money back? Cause this is all that I want now. I'm fed up of this game. They are not respecting the policies and rules they made on the game.
    And for AQ they are changing that, so will we be able to bring 5 champs to the AQ now?

They are making changes to the timer, the specifics of the change are unknown yet. I have seen people pitch the idea of having the timer pause when you pause the game which is honestly the best solution. I'd wait to see how it unfolds.

Charnutz said:

DNA3000 said:

Charnutz said:

Wait, @DNA3000 . I guess you support this constant garbage shoved at you? Stop being a puppet dude

It seems the people who think this change is absurd aren't willing to consider the idea that at a higher level such a change might be necessary for the game, while the people who think this change is entirely reasonable think this is just how game development is supposed to happen. I'm not sure who you think I'm being a puppet of exactly, but this is clearly one of those issues where I am unlikely to be anything more than target practice in no-man's land.
    I've been around a while and I understand that this mechanic probably shouldn't of been here from the start but it has been for 2 years and now out of nowhere it's getting fixed because it's a "bug". The only reason this is getting "fixed" is because of 💲. There is honestly no other explanation. Each time corvus denies a death in AQ it's money out of kabam's pockets. That's just the way it is
    I don't know why this has to keep being said but I'll say it again. The goal is to fix the "bug" with a proper solution so players don't have to rely on it to do map 7. So idea they are doing this for money seems to be completely false. It will be put back to what it was before the accidental update, allowing people to continue to use the "bug" until a proper solution is found. That doesn't sound like it's just for money now does it?
    i bet you believe every word the president says too.
    What does Donald President have to do with any of this? Leave King Cheeto out of it.
    Don't know why they keep bringing up Donald President, the king of all Cheetos
    He just reminds me of the the same way the T cult defends everything cheeto does when he defends kabam on everything they do.
    I’m supporting kabam on this one but I’m not always on there side. I was extremely mad when they nerfed she hulk but honestly this for me doesn’t change Corvus that much unlike she hulk Corvus still plays like Corvus but She Hulk got flat out nerfed unlike Corvus. But seriously Corvus change is like nothing compared to she hulks
    That's what a lot of people seemingly don't understand is that no change is bieng made to Corvus
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 793 ★★★★
    There is one EXTREMELY EASY solution for this so called cashgrab bugfix: just use the recovery mastery-> heal up 1 percent, now you have 2 percent life, that can be halved.
    Mike439 said:

I haven’t read everything here so please forgive me if it’s been said but...

are people using this because 1) they genuinely don’t have the time to finish a fight? or 2)are they doing this because they’re about to die/made a mistake and want a fresh start over and over again?

If it’s the first thing then eliminate timers or increase the length. Simple.
    If it’s the second thing then they should make timeouts take X% health and just stipulate that if you’re health is under that X% you die.

I don’t know enough about map7 to really argue either way but if this is being used to avoid dying due to a players mistake/inability to complete a fight then that doesn’t really seem fair To basically get an infinite amount of revives BUT If it is strictly that a fight can’t be done in the given time then that also isn’t fair for the player at all.

Honestly just pause the timer when the game gets paused, boom problem solved
    Mike439 said:

Mike439 said:

I haven’t read everything here so please forgive me if it’s been said but...

are people using this because 1) they genuinely don’t have the time to finish a fight? or 2)are they doing this because they’re about to die/made a mistake and want a fresh start over and over again?

If it’s the first thing then eliminate timers or increase the length. Simple.
    If it’s the second thing then they should make timeouts take X% health and just stipulate that if you’re health is under that X% you die.

I don’t know enough about map7 to really argue either way but if this is being used to avoid dying due to a players mistake/inability to complete a fight then that doesn’t really seem fair To basically get an infinite amount of revives BUT If it is strictly that a fight can’t be done in the given time then that also isn’t fair for the player at all.

Honestly just pause the timer when the game gets paused, boom problem solved
    If the fights genuinely can’t reasonably get done in the given time then the timer needs to be extended or removed. Agreed though that it should pause when the game gets paused
    Fair point, a timer extension wouldn't hurt either
    Pulyaman said:

Some of the things in this thread are honestly mind boggling.
    1) Gaming company will test many thing, asking them to announce what they are testing and then test is plain nonsense. They will test it, and then make a post about it. Then you get outraged. This was a mistake that happened while testing. Move on
    2) Asking for RDT and awakening gems back is again plain nonsense.This was a exploit. If you have problems with the nodes, complain about the node. Fixing something in the game is what they are supposed to do. Saying that you awakened corvus to play map 7 i imagine is unbelievable. I would ask you to pull the other one because it has bells on them.
    3) 13 sheets of complaints for something that is not even live in game is amazing. Atleast with general feedback thread, people were complaining about the problems in act 6 which is legitimately a problem. In this case, we are not even live with the change. So, people need to cool down

Very much agreed

gianleo said:

Now it is funny. So ppl admit exploiting this timeout technique for a long time even when they know it is not how it should work.
    But remember what happened last year with the bounty mission EQ, when players jumped and created new alliances. Those ppl all wanted those players to be banned for good, lol.

Why should people admit this is not how it should work? It works exactly as it is described. If Kabam think this is OP and need a nerf, OK, speak it out and let other people express their concerns, what has to be changed before this, then make all the dependent changes before changing this.

This is because of AQ/AW strategies/plans of many alliance are based on the assumption that Corvus can save potions, you can't just take it away w/o making other changes.

See the price of potions, how many dollars you have to spend for one single death, if you want suggestions, OK, change the prices to 50% of today as the first step.
    No one uses this in AW. And they aren't taking it away without changes. Did you never go back and read what Miike originally posted or what everyone else has told you over and over? They are returning it to it's original state. They are leaving in there for people to use until a proper solution is found. Do you understand that? Can you stop saying the opposite?
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

At first, I wasnt going to comment, but now I am. I am not affected by this change, but there are a few things wrong with it and how things were carried out.

1) Why were you guys not only discussing it, but planning on implementing this without a word said. It was stated that this was bwing tested but not meant to go live, so this was in the works for a while. What other changes are you guys planning?

2) This method has been around for forever. Why does it need to get changed now? There have been numerous AQ vids from content creators that we know you watch of them timing out on purpose.

These changes are getting stupid. There is no transparency. Why are we expected to have these changes made and be happy about it? Doesn't make sense to me.

When did they say they were going to do it without any notice?
    They said that they would implement the change, but notify people first. However, my problem lies with the fact that they were planning this change and if the changes didn't go live, we would not have known about this plan at all. That doesn't sit right with me.
    You don't know that though. Honestly we'll never know if they were planning on telling us but now that it went live, we know they will tell us before anything else happens. Maybe it's a good thing that happened.
  • GenuLimGenuLim Posts: 2
    I want my gen. AG gem back from my 6 star corvus