**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

A solution for timeouts!

I've found positive reinforcement to be generally more powerful than punishment when it comes to influencing behavior. How about instead of punishing the player for resorting to measures like the Corvus timeout, REWARD us for defeating opponents faster. Tap into our competitive spirit and make AQ fun again by challenging us to finish fights faster.

Simply record how long it takes a player to finish each fight. Players/alliances with the fastest times receive bonus points that could lead to higher AQ rankings and/or more rewards. This may or may not be as simple as it sounds on the coding/backend side of things, but I think it could inject some really fun and interesting life into AQ! Who knows...depending on the implementation, it could even shake things up on the leaderboard instead of having the same 20 alliances at the top. And of course, it would be a strong deterrent for resorting to Corvus timeouts, but without pissing people off. Win, win!

Comments

• So people who aren’t lucky enough to have high burst damage champs get penalized?

How do ramp up champs or DOT champs fit 8nto this?

What about utility champs like Void?

Why not figure out a way to not punish either camps?
  • severedtrevorseveredtrevor Posts: 46

So people who aren’t lucky enough to have high burst damage champs get penalized?

How do ramp up champs or DOT champs fit 8nto this?

What about utility champs like Void?

On +40 Science weeks, Void may still be a great champ to use! It depends on the path and opponent. DoT champs can be way faster than burst-ey Corvus champs on certain matchups! See? Think of all the interesting things you’d have to consider if this challenge was implemented into AQ!
  • DmnPriceDmnPrice Posts: 12
    I have better solution. Longer timer (like 10min for fight), than when you got into the fight it’ll end up with your win or loose. Nobody gonna pause the game as it’ll make no sense for anyone to wait let’s say 8minutes to intentionally time out and start the fight again (and with such a long timer we could all agree that when you time out it’s instant KO, no matter what chap it is). You’re not being penalized because your fight took 3min and 2sec. It’s that simple.
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★

That would just punish people who like to use lower damage output champs. I personally like to be able to flex in any of my roster for their utility but I feel like I would be punished for this if they take too long to finish a fight.

If anything it will promote people to have to use champs like Corvus as he has one of the quickest high damage outputs in the game for fights in lane. I think we’re trying to promote using more champs in the game, not less.

I thought about this idea too and I realized exactly what you said
  • spiderknight616spiderknight616 Posts: 454 ★★★

last i checked you get more points finishing the fight the first time around. that seems to be rewarding.

Nope. You get the same amount of total points for a fight.
  • spiderknight616spiderknight616 Posts: 454 ★★★
    A few improvements I can think of:
    Attack bonuses in AQ similar to War. Bonus points for taking down a node on the first try.

Bonus points if you take down a node with a feeder active. More the incoming feeders, more the points (of course global is exempt from this).
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    DmnPrice said:

I have better solution. Longer timer (like 10min for fight), than when you got into the fight it’ll end up with your win or loose. Nobody gonna pause the game as it’ll make no sense for anyone to wait let’s say 8minutes to intentionally time out and start the fight again (and with such a long timer we could all agree that when you time out it’s instant KO, no matter what chap it is). You’re not being penalized because your fight took 3min and 2sec. It’s that simple.

Well it's not that simple because of all the "fun and interactive" damage that is in AQ these days. Corvus + timeout was used to bypass all the "fun" in a way.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    The issue is that the punitive nature of many of the nodes in AQ and AW encourage players to use Corvus as a work around to this. The Glaive immunity isn’t a bug, it’s being used in a way that Kabam didn’t intend on it being used when it was designed.

I don’t blame Kabam for wanting to change this - it isn’t in the spirit of the game to use CG in this way - however the solution is to remove the stupid nodes that forces players to resort to this, because I guarantee that 99% of us have better things to do than waiting for 2 minutes for AQ/AW timers to tick down - especially in AW where attack bonus is important .
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    Said this in the other thread but why even have fight timers in Alliance Quest? War I can understand (it's a competitive mode), but AQ it's you vs the AI totally (even fi you compete with alliances for scores). Have a timer for energy and one for the overall quest to ensure people try to do it as quick as possible, but why timers on individual fights? It limits your options as said before with the high damage champs usually preferred. No fight timer - no timeout exploits.

I know the timer is used to reduce your score per fight (ie timeout you get less when you redo the fight) but I think there are better overall less stressful and exploitable ways to do that eg you get some bonus for finishing each AQ a set amount of hours before the 24 hour timer is up. For example each hour you finish ahead of the 24 hours gives you a bonus score overall.
  • HavanaknightHavanaknight Posts: 453 ★★★
    DmnPrice said:

I was going to say 5 minutes, but yes. I don’t think think a time-out at 1% should result in a death. So if kabam wants to limit this exploit, a longer timer should serve as a reasonable deterrent.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,052 ★★★★★
    Just pause timer as well. Many people said that already. Or just remove those timers, they don't bring anything good for the game anyway
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    Timer should be removed or maybe 8 minutes like dudgeons. I would like to see AQ with dudgeon play style pick buffs and stuff. But the map is longer but the time for energy is shorter.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    Aleor said:

Just pause timer as well. Many people said that already. Or just remove those timers, they don't bring anything good for the game anyway

I made a comment like this in another thread, but looks like that thread got trashed ... oh well :)

but yeah, best solution is to either disallow pause feature entirely, or add a short time limit to pause option during a timed match.

For example .. during a 5 minute match.
    Allow max 1 minute of paused game play.
    That's it.

Personally, I'd be ok with removal of pause from a timed match already ... and with that, you could remove the 50% health loss for reaching 5 min mark.

Back when that 50% health loss was added it was to prevent abuse of the pause timer.
    Since that obviously isn't working ... they should just:

1) remove 50% health loss
    2) remove/reduce option to pause.

Personally I think that solves a LOT of issues, on both sides, as well as funky little exploits ..