**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The Corvus problem and why it’s wrong to be mad

TP33TP33 Posts: 1,577 ★★★★
They’re changing the system so that ALL champions cannot survive a timeout at 1%. You could run in at 1% with any champion and it would time out and just give you half of that 1%, which in terms of numbers is still 1%.

It’s not targeted at Corvus or anything. Why is nobody complaining that they want their resources from Hela, LC, or punisher back when they could do the same thing?

Really I think it is a side effect of kabam trying to sort out a bug. They wanted to stop people exploiting the game at 1% and in doing so they accidentally ‘nerfed’ Corvus. If it was intentional the thread would be called, Corvus rebalancing not something to do with AQ.

They’ve already said in the thread that they are looking at compensation but I don’t think that anybody would use an AG on Corvus just for AQ, it’s stupid to even suggest that.

Overall I think it was an unintentional interaction but we will be compensated and who knows, nothing’s final yet, they might change it so that champions who wouldn’t die if they were hit won’t die?

Comments

• TheRealApocTheRealApoc Posts: 320 ★★
    I run Corvus at 1% on map 6 commonly for the starburst path. I never time out, I don't think this will be an issue for that.
  • AlphA101AlphA101 Posts: 285 ★★★
    What purpose do timers serve in aq aw anyway ? Why don’t we have timers in non alliance
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    AlphA101 said:

What purpose do timers serve in aq aw anyway ? Why don’t we have timers in non alliance

So that an alliance mate can never lock an opponent when encountering and then leaving. With the timer, after a while you can fight that opponent.
  • YeahReallyYeahReally Posts: 54
    edited May 2020
    TP33 said:

TP33 said:

It’s not targeted at Corvus or anything. Why is nobody complaining that they want their resources from Hela, LC, or punisher back when they could do the same thing?

Really I think it is a side effect of kabam trying to sort out a bug. They wanted to stop people exploiting the game at 1% and in doing so they accidentally ‘nerfed’ Corvus. If it was intentional the thread would be called, Corvus rebalancing not something to do with AQ.

Becouse nobody uses Hela, LC, Punisher in AQ/AW
    And the thread is called AQ Changes (something like that) becouse if it was called Corvus rebalacing people would be more upset than they already are
    And your arguments are one of the worst that I have ever seen
    Ok here’s a better argument. It’s unfair and it doesn’t require skill whatsoever. It means that people who get lucky and pull Corvus are pressured into ranking him up for AQ, even if they have no need other than AQ to take him up. Even if they do want to take him up and they use this tactic it’s unfair. Pausing the fight and letting it run down so that your mistakes aren’t registered is scummy. @TheRealApoc using Corvus like that at 1% is completely fine, it’s starburst this is what his sig is meant to be used for, not to beat multiplayer fights with exploits and no skill
    People are pressured to rank up Corvus? Lol
    Now that I think it twice, THIS is the worst argument so far

And it's not unfair if it's working as the awakened ability describes

You are just salty because you don't have Corvus
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

TP33 said:

And the thread is called AQ Changes (something like that) becouse if it was called Corvus rebalacing people would be more upset than they already are
    You really made a new account? and now you are on players side.. How things change
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    "Corvus cannot die". By "dying", I think Kabam meant that if a champ is at less than 1 health than they're dead, but as long as they're at that 1 health, they'll be kept alive. Let's say you start at 10 out of 1000 health. Your Corvus is fine. You time out. 5 health. Now, you halve that again since you timed out once more. You're down to 3 health out of 1000. Then 2 health, rounded again. Then 1. Now here's the problem. If you half 1, you get a number that is less than one, which the game interprets as a KO, which means that your Corvus is dead.

There are many ways to interpret the statement "Corvus cannot die", and I agree that Kabam should clarify, but I get that it's hard to do all that in a character description.

I don't think that it's a nerf, per se, but just an exploit that was fixed.
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,577 ★★★★
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

TP33 said:

TP33 said:

Ok here’s a better argument. It’s unfair and it doesn’t require skill whatsoever. It means that people who get lucky and pull Corvus are pressured into ranking him up for AQ, even if they have no need other than AQ to take him up. Even if they do want to take him up and they use this tactic it’s unfair. Pausing the fight and letting it run down so that your mistakes aren’t registered is scummy. @TheRealApoc using Corvus like that at 1% is completely fine, it’s starburst this is what his sig is meant to be used for, not to beat multiplayer fights with exploits and no skill
    Please don't tell me that no-one in your BG has a ranked up corvus. Bet you wouldn't tell them they we're scummy if they used the tactic. Your wording definitely makes you sound kinda salty.
    We don’t run map 6/7 and people I’m my alliance have pretty much no idea this is a tactic. it sucks that alliances using this are grabbing higher ranking spots when maybe those who play properly should get them
  • YeahReallyYeahReally Posts: 54
    Pulyaman said:

TP33 said:

You really made a new account? and now you are on players side.. How things change
    I don't understand what do you mean...
  • SevSynSevSyn Posts: 72
    Denslo500 said:

So . . . just to get this straight
    1) the game was working EXACTLY as Kabam designed it and described it.
    2) The mechanic had not changed since 4/2018 when Corvus was introduced (excluding recent nerf)
    3) Kabam's response: we intended to nerf Corvus, just not right now, and maybe not in this way.

People have a right to be upset.

• JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    Yeah, I think the main issue we are facing here with kabam is the fact that these things they're changing have been in the game for sooo long. This obviously would cause outrage and suspicion. It would naturally make some players think why are they changing this now when it's existed in the game for so long. And don't tell me they didn't notice them until the point of change
  • OhGodYesOhGodYes Posts: 143
    Guys, they are fixing an exploit. Basically what they’re doing is starting the match with health or 1%, getting in all their hard guaranteed crits and then hitting pause until the timer ends. Then they repeat it. If they get hit while they have 1% and they have charges, this allows them to pause the game before they die and let the timer run out. Rinse and repeat. This should be fixed and it is not a nerf unless you use this “strategy”
  • Destroy4589Destroy4589 Posts: 261 ★★★
    My only issue with this issue is the similarity with MS/BWCV/She-hulk fix. The interaction, in this case, has existed for 2 years. Kabam has been aware of it as well but only now when new potions have come out), that they decide to address it. I believe the fix is justified if they implement it correctly (fix map 6/7 nodes and or increase timer duration). People would only use such a tactic which is a clear exploit only due to poor node/path designs. But my issue is that they have terrible to non-existent communication and this should have been addressed two years ago and not now (same as MS, BWCV etc.)