**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Make 5 and 6 star crystals Nexus

KyuffKyuff Posts: 43
edited May 2020 in General Discussion
TLDR

Make all 5 and 6 Star crystals Nexus.

Long version

At the end of 2015 when the game was new, we had 59 champions.
Opening a crystal gave you 1/59 = 1.69% chance to get a specific champ.

Today you have 1/176 = 0,56% chance to pull that nice looking Squirrel Girl you dreamed about.

If all (relevant) crystals where Nexus, we would have 3/176 = 1,7% chance.
Equivalent to 2015 levels.

Please make 5 and 6 star crystals Nexus.

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    That won't happen.
    There will be more ways and opportunities to acquire nexus crystals in the future
  • AlphA101AlphA101 Posts: 285 ★★★
    Why not ? What is so fundamentally game breaking about it ?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    AlphA101 said:

It immediately removes the value of nexus crystals in the current state of the game.
    Nexus crystals aren't meant to be the new system of crystals across the entire game. It's meant to be an additional system to the existing one, without replacing the older one
  • AlphA101AlphA101 Posts: 285 ★★★
    Then replace them with nexus crystals if it brings BALANCE to game , isint that’s what kabam is all about ? In sincerity ?

160 champs in the basic pool is a joke , be fair to the players (customers)
  • KyuffKyuff Posts: 43

AlphA101 said:

It immediately removes the value of nexus crystals in the current state of the game.
    Nexus crystals aren't meant to be the new system of crystals across the entire game. It's meant to be an additional system to the existing one, without replacing the older one
    How do you know what they are meant to be?

Do you have a link to Kabam explaining it?
  • YeahReallyYeahReally Posts: 54
    3 chances is a little bit too much I think
    A nexus crystal but with 2 options would be ideal
  • Dart1981Dart1981 Posts: 222 ★★★
    I don't think they should make the basic 5 and 6* crystals into nexus. I do believe that to pool is too big though. They should split into 2 basic crystals. 1 with Cosmic, Mystic and Tech champs, the other with Science, Mutant and Skill. That way you have a much fairer chance of getting something useful in line with when the pool was much smaller. They can also add thresholds ie when basic pool hits 240 say the crystals are split into 3 based on class.
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,577 ★★★★
    My opinion on nexus crytals at the moment

• Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Kyuff said:

AlphA101 said:

How do you know what they are meant to be?

Do you have a link to Kabam explaining it?
    I think they said that when they released them. Totally forgot when that was, but they did say it on the forums
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Also, I'm not sure if Nexus crystals would solve the problem long term. More champs would be released and as the player base gets better champs and has an easier time with content, content will begin to be scaled to the rosters we have and it would probably be similar to where we are now. I think kabam should just rethink their design process. Make pretty much all content able to be done with basically any champ. This way, no champ is completely road blocked, and some champs will just be better
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Maybe 'retiring' say the 2015 champs from 5* crystals could work, could also sell a 2015 crystal for maybe 5000 shards too for anyone still wanting them
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    That would be nice but won't ever happen as Kabam would lose a ton of money. Honesty think it would be bad for game if all were, however, would like to see it a little more common.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    I'd rather they remove champs until they're buffed. Reduce the pool to everything average and up. Still no guarantee of a Ghost or Doom, but no chance of Cyclops, Iron Fist, Groot, etc.
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    That would be nice but won't ever happen as Kabam would lose a ton of money. Honesty think it would be bad for game if all were, however, would like to see it a little more common.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    The fundamental basis of the game is RNG. We've seen this regarding featureds. Since the featureds alter the drop rate in a way, they cost more. If you want to implement Nexus crystals, then it's going to cost more. I also don't think that we should completely remove the single champ crystals. There's just no point to it. Of course they're going to have to implement a new type of crystal since the pool is growing, but I also think that the single hero crystals are going to stay, and I'd like them to stay.

We should be able to buy a Nexus with 13,000 shards instead.

Try 15,000. I think anywhere from 15,000-20,000 is reasonable.
    Kyuff said:

TLDR

Make all 5 and 6 Star crystals Nexus.

Long version

At the end of 2015 when the game was new, we had 59 champions.
    Opening a crystal gave you 1/59 = 1.69% chance to get a specific champ.

Today you have 1/176 = 0,56% chance to pull that nice looking Squirrel Girl you dreamed about.

If all (relevant) crystals where Nexus, we would have 3/176 = 1,7% chance.
    Equivalent to 2015 levels.

Please make 5 and 6 star crystals Nexus.

But if we were to implement Nexus crystals to maintain the drop rate, it would only be a short term solution, since over time, the pool will grow larger and larger, making the drop rates smaller and smaller again. When that happens, what are you going to do? Make a five hero Nexus?
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    20k for a nexus 15k for a feature 10k for a regular is how i see it in the future but u can only buy one nexus every week maybe or it can be included with the sigil