**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AQ Timeout

Comments

• TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Charnutz said:

AlphA101 said:

Timers shouldn’t exsist in aq aw at all , they serve zero purpose other than forcing the player to use pots because a BS fight couldn’t be completed within the time limit specified by kabam

Never have I seen a company that treats it’s customers so horribly wrong

Could you imagine if a guy in your alliance is pissed for whatever reason at the alliance. Goes into a fight in AQ or war and hits pause and leaves it like that? That could completely bottleneck everything.
    Someone has suggested the solution a bunch of times. Just don't let the clock run when the game pauses. Problem solved, nobody is nerfed.
    I'm okay with that as long as they remove some of those really bad nodes that punishes us just for playing. Especial vivified, whats yours is mine, etc.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Charnutz said:

AlphA101 said:

Timers shouldn’t exsist in aq aw at all , they serve zero purpose other than forcing the player to use pots because a BS fight couldn’t be completed within the time limit specified by kabam

Could you imagine if a guy in your alliance is pissed for whatever reason at the alliance. Goes into a fight in AQ or war and hits pause and leaves it like that? That could completely bottleneck everything.
    Sounds like that guy isn't a good fit for the alliance. Under that system, you could probably kick him out of the alliance to free up the fight.
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,150 ★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Charnutz said:

AlphA101 said:

Someone has suggested the solution a bunch of times. Just don't let the clock run when the game pauses. Problem solved, nobody is nerfed.
    I'm okay with that as long as they remove some of those really bad nodes that punishes us just for playing. Especial vivified, whats yours is mine, etc.
    Problem is not solved. It was literally mentioned in the post that you quoted that if an alliance mate hit pause and left his phone idle. You could be waiting for hours.
    Just give the officers an option to see how long the fight has been going, give the ability for an officer to kill the fight. Can put all sort of viable requirements around it. Not a hard problem to solve.
    Haji_Saab said:

Charnutz said:

AlphA101 said:

Problem is not solved. It was literally mentioned in the post that you quoted that if an alliance mate hit pause and left his phone idle. You could be waiting for hours.
    I don't think there should be any change to be honest. When discussing problems with the game being able to use less items with Corvus was never brought up. Player friendly changes is one of the things that I don't like about the game the most at the moment. So we're on the same page.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★

Charnutz said:

AlphA101 said:

So you stop the entire War or AQ for everyone else when it's on Pause?
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    The notion that Kabam should announce an exploit to the public is short sighted. Ask yourself if telling the player base “Corvus (and others) can infinitely abuse timers in the game to prevent players from being knocked out. We’re looking at it, don’t have a solution but we’re looking at it.” would encourage or discourage people from using it?

No one uses this in AW.

You keep saying this and it’s false. I’ve watched people do it. I’ve heard people admit to doing it. It’s also easy to deduce why and when people will do it. If there are no bonuses available or you’re down to no items it makes sense for someone to do it.

I could benefit from it right now in AW. People burned the bonus on the boss, timing out is irrelevant.

Charnutz said:

AlphA101 said:

So you stop the entire War or AQ for everyone else when it's on Pause?
    That would only occur if it is on a boss outside of that if you don't come back than the consequences are on you. Obviously if this was implemented an alternative option would have to be introduced. I'm against the nerf period so my suggestion is a moot point.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★

The notion that Kabam should announce an exploit to the public is short sighted. Ask yourself if telling the player base “Corvus (and others) can infinitely abuse timers in the game to prevent players from being knocked out. We’re looking at it, don’t have a solution but we’re looking at it.” would encourage or discourage people from using it?

No one uses this in AW.

You keep saying this and it’s false. I’ve watched people do it. I’ve heard people admit to doing it. It’s also easy to deduce why and when people will do it. If there are no bonuses available or you’re down to no items it makes sense for someone to do it.

I could benefit from it right now in AW. People burned the bonus on the boss, timing out is irrelevant.
    Well of course you can do that sure. But if the war is tied and there aren't any overkills on any nodes, you aren't going to do it if it would cost the war. That's my point I was trying to make. If the war is lost or won and it wouldn't matter, of course you could. I agree with what you said.
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 811 ★★★★
    Mike439 said:

I haven’t read everything here so please forgive me if it’s been said but...

are people using this because 1) they genuinely don’t have the time to finish a fight? or 2)are they doing this because they’re about to die/made a mistake and want a fresh start over and over again?

If it’s the first thing then eliminate timers or increase the length. Simple.
    If it’s the second thing then they should make timeouts take X% health and just stipulate that if you’re health is under that X% you die.

I don’t know enough about map7 to really argue either way but if this is being used to avoid dying due to a players mistake/inability to complete a fight then that doesn’t really seem fair To basically get an infinite amount of revives BUT If it is strictly that a fight can’t be done in the given time then that also isn’t fair for the player at all.

My problem with kabam changing timeouts to say that your champs die at X % is that it contradicts the already existing rule that champs are knocked out when they reach zero health points. I have legitimately timed out during AQ thanks to trying to bait the super passive AQ AI. You shouldn’t expect 1 hp To be halved but you can expect half of 300 hp (1% of some of my r5s hp) would keep you alive)
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Charnutz said:

AlphA101 said:

I think @C0atHang3r mentioned the best solution to this earlier. Just remove timers altogether unless you pause the fight. When paused a 3 minute timer starts and will continue if you repause the fight. If the timer runs to zero your champ is KO’d. This way you have the flexibility of pausing your fight in case something needs to be addressed quickly irl but can’t be exploited to troll your alliance mates.

Haji_Saab said:

Charnutz said:

AlphA101 said:

I think @C0atHang3r mentioned the best solution to this earlier. Just remove timers altogether unless you pause the fight. When paused a 3 minute timer starts and will continue if you repause the fight. If the timer runs to zero your champ is KO’d. This way you have the flexibility of pausing your fight in case something needs to be addressed quickly irl but can’t be exploited to troll your alliance mates.
    So say you leave the 3 minute fight timer alone, same mechanics. But you add a pause timer and when that pause timer expires you are put back into the fight an unable to use the pause timer again. I think that solves the cheese and other knock on issues caused by other solutions. I await challenges to the efficacy of such a pause system.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    The halving of 1% health reminds me of this:

An infinite number of mathematicians walk into a bar. The first orders a beer. The second orders half a beer. The third orders a quarter of a beer. Before the next one can order, the bartender says, “You’re all a__holes,” and pours two beers.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian

Charnutz said:

AlphA101 said:

Sounds like that guy isn't a good fit for the alliance. Under that system, you could probably kick him out of the alliance to free up the fight.
    What happens if the *game* accidentally locks a player out of a fight, and the only solution is to kick the player out of the alliance to free his fight through no fault of their own. I've had that happen to me, where my game client crashed and then when I restarted the game I couldn't get back into my fight because basically the game was telling me that *I* was in the fight, so *I* couldn't enter the fight. Eventually the timer frees that fight now, albeit with the timeout penalty. But that's better than nothing.

The idea that this is trivial to solve by giving alliance officers the ability to terminate a fight only kicks the can up a level. What should the game do when an officer terminates a fight? If it treats that like it treats timeouts now, that's just as exploitable, or rather equally problematic from Kabam's perspective, albeit in more inconvenient ways than pausing the game does now. If you're waiting out the timer now, all you have to do is pause, then message an officer to kill the fight, and you get the same result.

If we don't treat officer fight termination like we do timeouts now, then that just brings us back to the discussion of how we should change how the game should handle this situation in the first place, because the same situation is still possible.

In fact, while we're discussing how this situation should work moving forward, Kabam should consider the case I mentioned above. For every player doing something Kabam didn't intend with pausing to timeout, there are probably lots of players who eat the timeout penalty now through no fault of their own, because of game crashes and other anomalies. If Kabam is going to examine the ways in which the players use the timers to their advantage, they should also examine all the ways in which the timer penalizes players in ways clearly unintentional. They can't say it is important enough to burn developer time examining the case where players use the mechanism to their advantage but then say it just isn't worth their time to address the cases where it creates an unfair penalty.
  • PosthumousdeathPosthumousdeath Posts: 14
    I still agree with the above poster that said a single location for acknowledged bugs, current progress on fix and notification when it’s going live would help make the forums a calmer and tidier place. Many bugs get mentioned multiple times before anyone from kabam acknowledges them. If at all. Then because they are not added to a single list they disappear down the forums until they get posted about in a new post. Sometimes they have been explained or solved but the info is hard to locate.
    One example would be power drain on s3. First Omega came out and he worked by draining power immediately. Then warlock came out and his s3 has a delay. This is how he always worked. Is it correct? I don’t know. Kabam isn’t sure. Or, at least, I can’t find a definitive answer. So then an update comes out. Guess what. Now Omega has the same delay. So many people complain. Finally kabam states we hear you and we are looking into it. Same with Warlock. And if I remember correctly, one of the newer champs. But that’s it. No further update. No list anywhere so people can see that it’s being worked on. If there were a list of these bugs then a lot of this infighting and grumbling would go away. One can’t really complain about ranking a champ for his sig if it was on a list of known bugs to be fixed.
    This is one example. Trust me. There’s plenty. We have already seen several that became issues because of lack of transparency. I’m not asking Kabam to get approval. That’s not reasonable in the slightest. But a heads up would alleviate many of the discussions that come about as a result of sudden changes.

Tl;dr We need a central location for all current bugs and Kabam’s progress for implementing a fix. Then no one can accuse Kabam of being sneaky and no one can complain that they ranked a champ for an unintended effect.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    DNA3000 said:

Charnutz said:

AlphA101 said:

What happens if the *game* accidentally locks a player out of a fight, and the only solution is to kick the player out of the alliance to free his fight through no fault of their own. I've had that happen to me, where my game client crashed and then when I restarted the game I couldn't get back into my fight because basically the game was telling me that *I* was in the fight, so *I* couldn't enter the fight. Eventually the timer frees that fight now, albeit with the timeout penalty. But that's better than nothing.

The idea that this is trivial to solve by giving alliance officers the ability to terminate a fight only kicks the can up a level. What should the game do when an officer terminates a fight? If it treats that like it treats timeouts now, that's just as exploitable, or rather equally problematic from Kabam's perspective, albeit in more inconvenient ways than pausing the game does now. If you're waiting out the timer now, all you have to do is pause, then message an officer to kill the fight, and you get the same result.

If we don't treat officer fight termination like we do timeouts now, then that just brings us back to the discussion of how we should change how the game should handle this situation in the first place, because the same situation is still possible.

In fact, while we're discussing how this situation should work moving forward, Kabam should consider the case I mentioned above. For every player doing something Kabam didn't intend with pausing to timeout, there are probably lots of players who eat the timeout penalty now through no fault of their own, because of game crashes and other anomalies. If Kabam is going to examine the ways in which the players use the timers to their advantage, they should also examine all the ways in which the timer penalizes players in ways clearly unintentional. They can't say it is important enough to burn developer time examining the case where players use the mechanism to their advantage but then say it just isn't worth their time to address the cases where it creates an unfair penalty.
    I suspect I know precisely why Kabam views those two scenarios the way they do, but I confess I love watching you drive points home like this.

Dr. Zola
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★

I still agree with the above poster that said a single location for acknowledged bugs, current progress on fix and notification when it’s going live would help make the forums a calmer and tidier place. Many bugs get mentioned multiple times before anyone from kabam acknowledges them. If at all. Then because they are not added to a single list they disappear down the forums until they get posted about in a new post. Sometimes they have been explained or solved but the info is hard to locate.
    One example would be power drain on s3. First Omega came out and he worked by draining power immediately. Then warlock came out and his s3 has a delay. This is how he always worked. Is it correct? I don’t know. Kabam isn’t sure. Or, at least, I can’t find a definitive answer. So then an update comes out. Guess what. Now Omega has the same delay. So many people complain. Finally kabam states we hear you and we are looking into it. Same with Warlock. And if I remember correctly, one of the newer champs. But that’s it. No further update. No list anywhere so people can see that it’s being worked on. If there were a list of these bugs then a lot of this infighting and grumbling would go away. One can’t really complain about ranking a champ for his sig if it was on a list of known bugs to be fixed.
    This is one example. Trust me. There’s plenty. We have already seen several that became issues because of lack of transparency. I’m not asking Kabam to get approval. That’s not reasonable in the slightest. But a heads up would alleviate many of the discussions that come about as a result of sudden changes.

Tl;dr We need a central location for all current bugs and Kabam’s progress for implementing a fix. Then no one can accuse Kabam of being sneaky and no one can complain that they ranked a champ for an unintended effect.

@Mirage_Turtle made a thoughtful post about this a week or so ago which I tried to revive, but both threads fell victim to the Lyran Buzzsaw. I believe @CoatHang3r chimed into one of those threads with a forums link that purported to be a master link about bugs, but it didn’t really supply the kind of useful list of bugs/fixes/status like we probably deserve (especially almost 6 years into the life of the game).

Dr. Zola
  • Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★

I can't agree with this any harder. This really needs to happen.
    I agree with that as well
  • BodhizenBodhizen Posts: 303 ★★

The forum is where Kabam collects their trash, to be honest. If you put this kind of thing out on Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, YouTube, or other social media, it could generate a firestorm that reaches far beyond anyone who checks anything here. Getting responses from moderators here can be time-consuming and/or frustrating (not because the mods are bad; there's just a lot more of us than there are of them). There are tons of great ideas for improvements to the game; quality-of-life adjustments, champion reworks, ideas for new events, etc... And they'll never see the light of day, unfortunately. This forum is an organized collection of clutter meant to make us all feel like we have a say. I know this because I've moderated forums of this size before. If there was a genuine "ask a moderator" that had a regular back-and-forth, or a "this week, Kabam_Mod_X is going to post about a community concern", this would be a different story. Mostly, Kabam Miike comes on, posts something that sets the community off, and then the mods scramble into action. Got to have a couple of very productive responses from another Kabam moderator in the Beta Forums that I think went very well. Kabam Vydious, Kabam Lyra, etc... They try, but they just can't keep up with all of us, and there's no "back and forth" with any of them.

So... It would be great if there was a central place for stuff, but only if it doesn't become the Island of [Lost] Toys that it is now.

Best wishes!

Wow. My comment was really deleted

Your post was false.

The community doesn’t decide what is and isn’t a bug.

People have and do complain about time outs, you being unaware of others doesn’t make timeouts a non-issue. I can say I myself complained over a year ago so it also isn’t something that is immediately fixed.

She Hulk was not just about The Champion, her heavy was breaking many aspects of the game.

No surprise the post was removed.

Wow. My comment was really deleted

Your post had so many false information in it.
    1. BWCV/MS is not a Nerf, its fixing an unintended interaction that has been exploited. No change was made to either Champion
    2. There is no Corvus Nerf either, because first off Kabam hasn't even confirmed what change will be made if any, and secondly they are changing the timer to again fix an Exploit. Again no change is bieng made to the Champion.

Your post blatantly misuses the term Nerf.
    edited May 2020

Dont forget to give us perms to sell Corvus Glaive when you fix this "bug". Thats not a bug, because it works many years. You just nerfing CG ability, I dont need him without this ability. And please stop calling ablities you want to nerf - bugs. It is in game since Corvus release. You wanna tell that you didnt know about how Corvus works? It turns out you know nothing about your game. Stupid? No, shady as always.

🤦‍♂️ and I gotta keep replying to the mindless post.
    1 kabam hasn't even confirmed what change they will do if any
    2. The change is bieng made to the timer, not Corvus ability. It is not a Nerf
    3. Just because it's been around since release doesn't make it any less an exploit.