**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

MCoC Rule book

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos

For years we have hear reference and whispers of what are against the rules of the game, the terms of service, etc.

Can we please have a Sticky thread of the COMPLETE and COMPREHENSIVE
Rules of the Game
(immediate post of current version, and a change log each time the Rules are updated)?

In the interest of transparency, we need to know what we are allowed to do while playing the game, and what we are not.

on behalf of the player community,
thank you in advance!!!

very respectfully,
SeveredSynapse [ΦMNȊ]

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    It's at the bottom of the Full Site.
    https://kabam.com/terms-of-service/
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    _ASDF_ said:

Wow really? Obviously he means bugs and exploits, not TOS violations like sharing logins. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
    He said rules.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★
    _ASDF_ said:

Wow really? Obviously he means bugs and exploits, not TOS violations like sharing logins. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Well, he literally referred to the TOS in the first sentence.

Not sure how bugs and exploits would be part of a rule book. A bug is not a feature around which you craft rules, and an exploit is doing something not in a "rule book" that works but is not what the developers planned, so, again, such info would not be in a rule book.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    Link was provided above. Do a search before creating these type of threads.
    It shouldn't take you too long to find it
  • SevSynSevSyn Posts: 72
    edited May 2020
    Haji_Saab said:

This comprehensive rule book is impossible.

If they cannot provide a rule book, then they have no ability to cite what rule violations are.
    As a playerbase of summoners, we all want to play by the rules.... '
    I'm simply asking for Kabam to set those immediately available to us...

I understand this is going to be a living document (will require updating).

but, if you want the player base to play by the rules, you need to provide those to us.

Kabam have mentioned they want to move towards transparency. This is not only a step toward transparency, it is a fundamental part of fair-play.

We need access to the rules if they are going to cite violations of rules/terms.

Over the years, there have been posts, i'm only asking for them to put a sticky post with all the rules we currently have, and change logs of when they went into effect.

Moving forward, we can update that rulebook.

&

This is a start, as these are the legal-department's policy so they can operate a mobile gaming economy and platform...

but when developers cite examples like "Time-outs" and say these are against the rules/intent/etc.
    we need those game-specific, encounter specific, etc. detail to be laid-out for us in plain speech, readily accessible.

Kabam has a clear idea of what is fair gameplay and what is not. I am asking for them to provide us access to better understand how we are supposed to play the game we love and have been playing for years.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    SevSyn said:

Haji_Saab said:

This comprehensive rule book is impossible.

If they cannot provide a rule book, then they have no ability to cite what rule violations are.
    As a playerbase of summoners, we all want to play by the rules.... '
    I'm simply asking for Kabam to set those immediately available to us...

I understand this is going to be a living document (will require updating).

but, if you want the player base to play by the rules, you need to provide those to us.

Kabam have mentioned they want to move towards transparency. This is not only a step toward transparency, it is a fundamental part of fair-play.

We need access to the rules if they are going to cite violations of rules/terms.

Over the years, there have been posts, i'm only asking for them to put a sticky post with all the rules we currently have, and change logs of when they went into effect.

Moving forward, we can update that rulebook.

&

This is a start, as these are the legal-department's policy so they can operate a mobile gaming economy and platform...

but when developers cite examples like "Time-outs" and say these are against the rules/intent/etc.
    we need those game-specific, encounter specific, etc. detail to be laid-out for us in plain speech, readily accessible.

Kabam has a clear idea of what is fair gameplay and what is not. I am asking for them to provide us access to better understand how we are supposed to play the game we love and have been playing for years.
    I agree with you that they should be more transparent and give more information. However, the game is always changing and fluid. Kabam may not always have a set/defined set of rules for every facet of the game, and it would be impossible to write a set book of rules for everything. For example, the timeout issue. It was an exploit, not a bug as kabam said. It is perfectly within the game's rules and how the game works, but not what kabam intended. I do understand that this has been in the game for years and agree that that kabam should not have left it unchanged for so long if it truly is not what they want. Just a somewhat relevant example I could think of
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 825 ★★★★
    Exploits, whether intentional or not, are not in the spirit of the contest or what we would consider fair play. When discovered we will take immediate action to end the practice of any exploit discovered as well as take whatever steps we deem necessary to prevent further exploits.

You’re welcome kabam I just wrote a rule on exploits in less than a min