**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

General Game Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

Hey Everybody,

I wanted to let you know that we've posted a Short Term Roadmap here:https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/198902/marvel-contest-of-champions-short-term-roadmap

Now, this does not address all of the comments and concerns that you guys have raised, but as we mention in the post, we're taking time to step back and look at our long term plans, your comments/concerns, and making pivots where we need to.

This is just a look at the changes in the next 1-3 months. We're also going to do a bigger longer-term piece next month, including some information on our priorities in-game, and how they have changed due to your feedback.

It's a start! Can we assume that the issues with Act 6 and champion acquisition will be addressed in the long-term roadmap?
    Solutions to both might be included, but we will definitely talk about them.
    Don't like that you're saying 'might', we want to hear that they 'will' be included. Those two are the largest issues the playerbase has and if they aren't resolved, then you might as well not bother trying to change anything else.
    What I mean is that we might not have a solution to all of it, because we'll be talking about what we want to do for sure. We know those are two major pain points for players.
    Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.
  • CaptainGameCaptainGame Posts: 369 ★★★

Hey Everybody,

I wanted to let you know that we've posted a Short Term Roadmap here:https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/198902/marvel-contest-of-champions-short-term-roadmap

Now, this does not address all of the comments and concerns that you guys have raised, but as we mention in the post, we're taking time to step back and look at our long term plans, your comments/concerns, and making pivots where we need to.

This is just a look at the changes in the next 1-3 months. We're also going to do a bigger longer-term piece next month, including some information on our priorities in-game, and how they have changed due to your feedback.

It's a start! Can we assume that the issues with Act 6 and champion acquisition will be addressed in the long-term roadmap?
    Solutions to both might be included, but we will definitely talk about them.
    Don't like that you're saying 'might', we want to hear that they 'will' be included. Those two are the largest issues the playerbase has and if they aren't resolved, then you might as well not bother trying to change anything else.
    What I mean is that we might not have a solution to all of it, because we'll be talking about what we want to do for sure. We know those are two major pain points for players.
    Are there any updates on how teams are matched in war by prestige rather than by war rating? That was the biggest issue stronger alliances have being ranked lower than weaker alliances who don’t face tougher defenses.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    My thoughts are still very early but as an alliance leader having to chase down people weekly for donations was very draining and it has caused a rift with certain members. I'm glad this AQ system is being implemented and the lower cost overall is awesome. We will all lose members map 6 and above but we will have to adjust. I don't have thoughts on anything else at the moment because my main issues have not been addressed yet. 30 min timers being one of them while we're on AQ changes.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Gregdagr8 said:

Wow, lot to digest there. Right off the top of my head, Awesome for AQ donations/tickets. That's it lol.

Show me a post of someone who actually plays this game that enjoys defensive tactics. They are horrible. We don't want MORE defensive tactics, we want them removed. There is no way defensive tactics allows us to bring in more champs, they do the exact opposite. Defensive tactics forces us to bring the same stupid 3 champs every war, it's so mind-numbing. I have 21 rank 5 5* and I have to bring the same 3 to war every single time.

I don't know why but I honestly thought you would remove the 4* restriction, gates, and some op nodes in act 6. Do you understand this is your best game mode? Do you understand that people play and rank up champs so they can progress in story mode? No one plays this game for AQ/AW/Incursions, story mode is where the fun is. Once you make act 6 pay to play, you lose anyone not willing to whale. You guys are absolutely crazy for not changing act 6 content.

Are you sure you won't bring those same 3 champs to war if there werent defensive tactics available lol. Think about it carefully.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

Gregdagr8 said:

Wow, lot to digest there. Right off the top of my head, Awesome for AQ donations/tickets. That's it lol.

Show me a post of someone who actually plays this game that enjoys defensive tactics. They are horrible. We don't want MORE defensive tactics, we want them removed. There is no way defensive tactics allows us to bring in more champs, they do the exact opposite. Defensive tactics forces us to bring the same stupid 3 champs every war, it's so mind-numbing. I have 21 rank 5 5* and I have to bring the same 3 to war every single time.

I don't know why but I honestly thought you would remove the 4* restriction, gates, and some op nodes in act 6. Do you understand this is your best game mode? Do you understand that people play and rank up champs so they can progress in story mode? No one plays this game for AQ/AW/Incursions, story mode is where the fun is. Once you make act 6 pay to play, you lose anyone not willing to whale. You guys are absolutely crazy for not changing act 6 content.

Are you sure you won't bring those same 3 champs to war if there werent defensive tactics available lol. Think about it carefully.
    I don't. I'm in a Gold 2 alliance, so we have no defensive tactics and I rarely bring in the same three attackers. I used to just bring Corvus and wreck everything, but that got boring so I bring in a variety of attackers, ranging from Sym Supreme to Ronin. It's a lot funner that way
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Miike also arean. Culd need a A bots in rewards and need a bit more agersiv Ai from early one so u don’t can’t bait sp.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    Tevepata said:

@Kabam Miike May i ask you about the changes with the map5? Is this change means lower, or higher difficulity there? Thank you for your answer in advance.

So so it the same as. Map6 and map7 so means ther ain’t so defensive
    edited May 2020

Tevepata said:

@Kabam Miike May i ask you about the changes with the map5? Is this change means lower, or higher difficulity there? Thank you for your answer in advance.

Do you mean the AI Change? Many of our Summoners have complained that the opponents in Map 5 are not aggressive enough, and don't allow you to counterplay them. They will be more aggressive, but that was a request from our players because they find that more manageable to fight against.
    Just to make sure we are on the same page, what we want is AI that is more willing to use specials and don't hold their block forever correct? haha.
  • rwanders1978rwanders1978 Posts: 104

Although I welcome these changes they all seem to be the changes that were already in the works and nothing has addressed some of the main concerns in this 2 week thread
    Surely the discussions on map6 difficulty and 80% of champions with no use should have started 2 weeks ago. It’s very disappointing to offer the community no hope on these issues
    Also the gold and iso problems

Those conversations started right away, but making changes to a game that has functioned this way for this long is not quick or easy. We did mention that most of the things we listed were in the works and that you'll hear more about how we've changed our long term plans with feedback from our players in June.
    Thanks for clarifying that for me
    When exactly are the alliance leadership tools going live? i dont see a date for it anywhere.