**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance Tickets [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    I hope you guys are watching alliance treasuries close today. Looks like you can still donate as of right now. Can only imagine the potential dumps about to happen
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★

I get where you're coming from, but when you donate to the Treasury, those resources become solely to open Alliance Quest Maps, and that's what Alliance Tickets.

It would be the same thing that happened if Map 5 became free without the new ticket system.

Good point, but it still sucks though. I feel it would be a much fairer solution to split the alliance treasury amounts between the alliance mates and return them the resources. Yes definitely some will benefit more than others, but its better than getting AQ tickets that Map 5 alliances will never use.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    Why do you even charge entry to aq to begin with....
    Barrier to entry should be skill and roster development. Let everyone in the game try the hardest map. What difference does it make to anybody if it all comes down to prestige anyway.
    Really making the game worse at your most pivotal time in years.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    I think this is a step in the right direction, there's no fix that's going to please everyone someone will be unhappy if they give everyone 5 tier 5 crystal someone going to ask why or why not 6. lets wait and see how the new process goes and be happy they're listening and trying to make things better.
  • Vicious_DeliciousVicious_Delicious Posts: 33
    Wahyau said:

Absolute shady move. We had months of Donations in, people were donating for each other because life. Not everyone can play all the time and that's where the understanding was. We are a bunch of guys playing together from years. And not everyone was doing the same maps, so we split the costs. We allowed some free donations to the guys who helped out the ally like set defense, plan war or aq, like a reward for them. And overnight, you guys just destroy years of hard earned donations and say take back only 5 months?

Another move totally out of tune with what is happening at the ground level. No heads up to atleast burn back the excess donations. Many are gonna just quit coz not all are gonna farm resources by grinding. Choice should be on the team to let some players donations be taken care of, I can grind and pay the donations for my friend if I want to! Also years of having a system and you throw it away overnight???
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Why do you even charge entry to aq to begin with....
    Barrier to entry should be skill and roster development. Let everyone in the game try the hardest map. What difference does it make to anybody if it all comes down to prestige anyway.
    Really making the game worse at your most pivotal time in years.

Free AQ periods allow players to try the hardest map.

IMO.No entry costs allow players to continually run maps they are not capable of completing which has many negative effects a game designer wouldn’t want to encourage.
  • KrukkKrukk Posts: 12
    Another map 5 alliance who loses everything for something we will never do. The RIGHT thing to do is split it back up to the people who earned it and put it in. This is just like a government policy you pay in we keep it all...
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Maybe there can be a way for players in an alliance to open a spot on a higher map but not take that spot. This allows lower map participants to share the cost burden. With that said the cost of AQ seems to have been made significantly cheaper so higher map players might not see much of an increase in the cost, but it is an increase in relative cost.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    TwmR said:

Knorr7227 said:

Map 5 players should get a refund of donations, not tickets

They are refunding your donations in tickets if you only do map 5 you have no need for tickets....
    They would never refund Donations. Any idea how intricate that would be or long it would take? Splitting it up is equally as unfair. Some donated more, some less, some not at all. When you give a Donation, you don't get it back. That much has been true for the duration of the game.
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    It's so unnecessary in my opinion. The donation system is the least of the worries when it comes to AQ for a good chunk of the community. Kabam could've addressed so many other issues regarding AQ.

They could've tackled the energy timer issues or the general repetitiveness of AQ, or literally anything else, but no. They have to break the only thing that works fine. Almost nobody cares about the donations.
  • Planc2007Planc2007 Posts: 46
    Also does individual people need tickets to join map 6? Or do the tickets all go into a pot for the alliance?

So if map 5 is ran do the people who do the map 5 BG need tickets?