**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

General Game Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• StingerbkStingerbk Posts: 160 ★★
    And y'all better rethink the alliance ticket thingy because it's gonna ruin alot of alliances, at least enable donating of tickets to others so it makes for a fair move. Those who will run map 5 can donate to the map 6 guys because we all collect the same rewards at the end of the day.
  • MasterSmokeMasterSmoke Posts: 547 ★★★
    Any news on easy on/off suicide masteries in the near future?? @“Kabam Miike”
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 811 ★★★★
    OmegaMan said:

Stingerbk said:

And y'all better rethink the alliance ticket thingy because it's gonna ruin alot of alliances, at least enable donating of tickets to others so it makes for a fair move. Those who will run map 5 can donate to the map 6 guys because we all collect the same rewards at the end of the day.

Agreed! @Kabam Miike our alliance is at odds just talking about this. This new “payment” method is seriously flawed. The alliances that run split maps have to way to split the costs! Map six people have to pay for it all and the people that run map 5 have no way to split the costs. Doesn’t seem like much thought put into this for any alliances other than the top few running map 6 and 7 all the time.

How about you only get the rewards for the map you run. Personally I don’t mind the trade off as it delivers a big blow to the merc community. It may even have the add on effect of reducing the use of arena bots since their main purpose was treasury dumps.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    I mean, I respect everyone's right to voice what bothers them. I really do. I can also relate to the feeling of pulling something we don't want. However, that's not going to change because it's a part of RNG. We're going to pull what we don't want at times. If that's the issue people have, by all means say it. I just don't see the expectation of never pulling a "trash Champ" coming to pass.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★

ESF said:

I am neither encouraged nor discouraged by the newest communication, and I do appreciate the effort that is being put forth -- I could be dead wrong, but I honestly think that the feedback has had some impact on what the future of this game will look like.

My hesitation is that at some point, when the next round of information is presented, it will feel more like this round in this way: There is no real plan, focus or consideration for SOLO players.

When this game started, there were no Alliances. It was a simpler game then, and I understand why Kabam has implemented the Alliance structures and I also understand why it is important to them.

But at the same time... I am a solo player. That is not going to change. Alliance changes, quality of life improvements, mean absolutely nothing to me.

That is NOT a criticism. That is simply being honest, truthful. I would likely not have committed the time, effort and resources I have to this game if it was shaped this way from the start. Again, just being honest.

So my honest feedback is this: No, I am not gonna "quit the game" if MCoC can't implement ANYTHING that allows Solo players an opportunity to play Incursions, for example, or if we just can't figure out a way to do consistent, open-ended content like a weekly Realm of Legends challenge mode, or Daily Boss Rushes, stuff like that. If Kabam doesn't view that kind of thing as important to the present or future, then that will be made clear.

At some point, the game is what it is. They make decisions. We have to decide how to react.

But for me, if there are no Solo modes coming or possible, no buff packages for older characters coming or possible, and/or Crystals remain the same...there just won't be much for me to look forward to for the future of the game.

We'll see. Just being honest

I feel you on this definitely more work needs to be done. Seatin says kabam will share a mid-term and a long-term roadmaps in the coming months so we’ll have to wait and see if more of our concerns will be addressed then
    I hope so. As I said, I am not happy or mad. I think that the game needs a harder pivot, but I also recognize that others might not agree and that I am not always right
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    This is a small step in the right direction Thanks @Kabam Miike there's still work to be done but its a start, i would like to have changes for quality of life for the average player and not just input of people that's in the CCP, i do watch their Youtube channel and respect their opinion but i find it that most of them cant relate to the average player base, most of them finish content day one and have a stack roster and to be honest their level of progression and experience is a lot different from myself and many others.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

Hey Everybody,

I wanted to let you know that we've posted a Short Term Roadmap here:https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/198902/marvel-contest-of-champions-short-term-roadmap

Now, this does not address all of the comments and concerns that you guys have raised, but as we mention in the post, we're taking time to step back and look at our long term plans, your comments/concerns, and making pivots where we need to.

This is just a look at the changes in the next 1-3 months. We're also going to do a bigger longer-term piece next month, including some information on our priorities in-game, and how they have changed due to your feedback.

Variant 4 was released on December 11th last year, whether Variant 5 was coming in September or is now coming in August that's still Over Half A Year of development making it the biggest gap between Variants we've had.
    Is there any particular reason why? I completely understand if the Virus Situation made things slow down, but it still seems like quite a long development period and there has been next to no info on the project besides the fact it's the Blood and Venom Event, is it something like a Smaller Team is working on the Variants now due to the Development of Act 7 and all the Monthly Event Quests?

The Variants are arguably some of the best content you guys have ever put out, with their range of Utility and Usability spreading out to the more Unorthodox Champions but still having the option to Brute Force it with some of the more "Top Tier" Champions for those that have them and have become Skilled enough, so a lot of us are clambering for any info we can get on the next one!

Defense tactics are supposed to encourage diversity is honestly the funniest sh*t I've heard today.

But it gets even better, because in the near future even offensive champs will benefit from them, meaning our offensive options will also become less diversity encouraging.

What kind of a joke even is that? Diversity literally becomes a complete non-factor in tier 5+. Not having defense tactics is what encourages diversity.

By the way we tanked our first war this season. And surprisingly enough, our opponent also only places a half-a**ed defense and only went for the bosses.

I couldn't help myself and still placed my 5/65 mojo as a boss in bg1 amongst mostly 1-2* champs. He still got 26 kills.

When has diversity ever been an issue for Offense? People use the same Champs regardless, overall. If anything, it will encourage more diversity. Unless I'm playing another game where Corvus isn't in every Attack Team.

Defense tactics are supposed to encourage diversity is honestly the funniest sh*t I've heard today.

But it gets even better, because in the near future even offensive champs will benefit from them, meaning our offensive options will also become less diversity encouraging.

What kind of a joke even is that? Diversity literally becomes a complete non-factor in tier 5+. Not having defense tactics is what encourages diversity.

By the way we tanked our first war this season. And surprisingly enough, our opponent also only places a half-a**ed defense and only went for the bosses.

I couldn't help myself and still placed my 5/65 mojo as a boss in bg1 amongst mostly 1-2* champs. He still got 26 kills.

When has diversity ever been an issue for Offense? People use the same Champs regardless, overall. If anything, it will encourage more diversity. Unless I'm playing another game where Corvus isn't in every Attack Team.
    Offensive diversity has already been heavily impacted by defense tactics. However, you need to have at least some tier 5 experience to comprehend that.

Now with additional bonuses in an already broken and horribly balanced system it is to be expected that there will also be an objectively best defense tactic in consideration of both defense and offense. Just as flow is objectively the best tactic to use, as in placing a diverse tactic or even somewhat decent non-flow defenders is to be frank stupid, considering what even 5/50 defenders can do on flow.

But, yeah. Again, you'd need to have a picture of tier 5+ wars to understand that. The difference between tier 6- and tier 5+ is absurd.
    You mean the last 2 Seasons? Doesn't change the fact that it's been the same Champs primarily used for Offense, and that's been true for a number of years. Offense Tactics can open the door to using other Champs that aren't commonly used.
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 811 ★★★★

Offensive diversity has already been heavily impacted by defense tactics. However, you need to have at least some tier 5 experience to comprehend that.

Now with additional bonuses in an already broken and horribly balanced system it is to be expected that there will also be an objectively best defense tactic in consideration of both defense and offense. Just as flow is objectively the best tactic to use, as in placing a diverse tactic or even somewhat decent non-flow defenders is to be frank stupid, considering what even 5/50 defenders can do on flow.

But, yeah. Again, you'd need to have a picture of tier 5+ wars to understand that. The difference between tier 6- and tier 5+ is absurd.
    Rubbish there only 4-5 reliable counters to flow wars how is that heavily impacting diversity on offense. Outside of tier 5 and above players do use the same 5-10 champs every war 5-10 out of 170+ does not equal diversity