**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The Corvus problem and why it’s wrong to be mad

2»

Comments

• shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

TP33 said:

TP33 said:

It’s not targeted at Corvus or anything. Why is nobody complaining that they want their resources from Hela, LC, or punisher back when they could do the same thing?

Really I think it is a side effect of kabam trying to sort out a bug. They wanted to stop people exploiting the game at 1% and in doing so they accidentally ‘nerfed’ Corvus. If it was intentional the thread would be called, Corvus rebalancing not something to do with AQ.

Becouse nobody uses Hela, LC, Punisher in AQ/AW
    And the thread is called AQ Changes (something like that) becouse if it was called Corvus rebalacing people would be more upset than they already are
    And your arguments are one of the worst that I have ever seen
    Ok here’s a better argument. It’s unfair and it doesn’t require skill whatsoever. It means that people who get lucky and pull Corvus are pressured into ranking him up for AQ, even if they have no need other than AQ to take him up. Even if they do want to take him up and they use this tactic it’s unfair. Pausing the fight and letting it run down so that your mistakes aren’t registered is scummy. @TheRealApoc using Corvus like that at 1% is completely fine, it’s starburst this is what his sig is meant to be used for, not to beat multiplayer fights with exploits and no skill
    People are pressured to rank up Corvus? Lol
    Now that I think it twice, THIS is the worst argument so far

And it's not unfair if it's working as the awakened ability describes

You are just salty because you don't have Corvus
    Get out and let the adults talk
  • JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★

My only issue with this issue is the similarity with MS/BWCV/She-hulk fix. The interaction, in this case, has existed for 2 years. Kabam has been aware of it as well but only now when new potions have come out), that they decide to address it. I believe the fix is justified if they implement it correctly (fix map 6/7 nodes and or increase timer duration). People would only use such a tactic which is a clear exploit only due to poor node/path designs. But my issue is that they have terrible to non-existent communication and this should have been addressed two years ago and not now (same as MS, BWCV etc.)

That's exactly what I was saying. Sure the corvus thing is an exploit, but this thing has existed for such a long time. What didn't exist though, was their communication with the players.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    It doesn't just affected Corvus though. It affects all champs who can start the fight with a heal as well. As someone who has used the tactic when the AI just holds specials and I am forced to either take the Sp3 to the face and die or quit and lose whatever damage I've done, I can definitely say that it will hurt
  • YeahReallyYeahReally Posts: 54

TP33 said:

TP33 said:

It’s not targeted at Corvus or anything. Why is nobody complaining that they want their resources from Hela, LC, or punisher back when they could do the same thing?

Really I think it is a side effect of kabam trying to sort out a bug. They wanted to stop people exploiting the game at 1% and in doing so they accidentally ‘nerfed’ Corvus. If it was intentional the thread would be called, Corvus rebalancing not something to do with AQ.

And the thread is called AQ Changes (something like that) becouse if it was called Corvus rebalacing people would be more upset than they already are
    Ok here’s a better argument. It’s unfair and it doesn’t require skill whatsoever. It means that people who get lucky and pull Corvus are pressured into ranking him up for AQ, even if they have no need other than AQ to take him up. Even if they do want to take him up and they use this tactic it’s unfair. Pausing the fight and letting it run down so that your mistakes aren’t registered is scummy. @TheRealApoc using Corvus like that at 1% is completely fine, it’s starburst this is what his sig is meant to be used for, not to beat multiplayer fights with exploits and no skill

Ironic
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

TP33 said:

TP33 said:

Ironic
    No not really you just keep claiming it's the worst argument you ever read without actually refuting it and calling people salty for not agreeing with you all of which is middle school behavior.
  • Rhysi0_Rhysi0_ Posts: 18
    Hahaha...quick all the Corvus fan boys combine together using your average AQ skills to form super internet toll and distroy this man...
  • BluntMacheteBluntMachete Posts: 134
    TP33 said:

They’ve already said in the thread that they are looking at compensation but I don’t think that anybody would use an AG on Corvus just for AQ, it’s stupid to even suggest that.

I used my 6* AG and my cosmic T5C to R3 my 6* CG, 95% of that decision was based on map 7 clearing gimicky paths. And I can assure you many more have also.

• BluntMacheteBluntMachete Posts: 134
    OhGodYes said:

Guys, they are fixing an exploit. Basically what they’re doing is starting the match with health or 1%, getting in all their hard guaranteed crits and then hitting pause until the timer ends. Then they repeat it. If they get hit while they have 1% and they have charges, this allows them to pause the game before they die and let the timer run out. Rinse and repeat. This should be fixed and it is not a nerf unless you use this “strategy”

Is it really an exploit when it's been used since the character has been out? It's been years. It's only an issue now because someone is now looking to squeeze more juice from people who are now bone dry. In the end, they will end up killing this game.

• Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★

OhGodYes said:

Guys, they are fixing an exploit. Basically what they’re doing is starting the match with health or 1%, getting in all their hard guaranteed crits and then hitting pause until the timer ends. Then they repeat it. If they get hit while they have 1% and they have charges, this allows them to pause the game before they die and let the timer run out. Rinse and repeat. This should be fixed and it is not a nerf unless you use this “strategy”

Is it really an exploit when it's been used since the character has been out? It's been years. It's only an issue now because someone is now looking to squeeze more juice from people who are now bone dry. In the end, they will end up killing this game.

Just because it's been used ever since the character came out doesn't make it any less an exploit
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,577 ★★★★

TP33 said:

They’ve already said in the thread that they are looking at compensation but I don’t think that anybody would use an AG on Corvus just for AQ, it’s stupid to even suggest that.

I used my 6* AG and my cosmic T5C to R3 my 6* CG, 95% of that decision was based on map 7 clearing gimicky paths. And I can assure you many more have also.

So you didn’t rank him up for AW, Starburst lanes, act6/7, incursions, EQ or literally any other game mode. You took a 6* to R3 PURELY for AQ. That I don’t believe