**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance Tickets [Merged Threads]

Comments

• CurtisisGod1971CurtisisGod1971 Posts: 76
    I’ve read some of the comments and the counter comments. I have just 2 issues with this new “fix”.
    1. This is a “shot gun” method that punishes all alliances for the poor behavior of a minority of alliances at the top. You know who they are. Punish them and don’t force honest alliances like mine to suffer because of cheating at the top. Unfair.
    2. Many alliances only run map 5 and lower. Refunding our alliance coffers only 5 months back, with tickets we will never use is not an ethical business practice. We have much more resources than that.
    I understand that either way we wouldn’t be able to recoup them, so FAIR would be a total compensation for all resources in alliance coffers. Not just 5 months.
    Fair is fair. If this is about leveling the field then either punish the guilty and keep it how it is, or compensate alliances for the TOTAL amounts in the treasury.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    limeade32 said:

xNig said:

Awesome change.

At least players get to choose what resource they want to spend when purchasing tickets.

The problem is that we don't, the tickets work like the glory store so if you didn't want to pay with one of the 3 units then you would have to pay far more with the other 2.
    At least you have a choice. Now you’re being forced to pay x Gold / x BCs / x Loyalty.
  • CurtisisGod1971CurtisisGod1971 Posts: 76
    I’ve read some of the comments and the counter comments. I have just 2 issues with this new “fix”.
    1. This is a “shot gun” method that punishes all alliances for the poor behavior of a minority of alliances at the top. You know who they are. Punish them and don’t force honest alliances like mine to suffer because of cheating at the top. Unfair.
    2. Many alliances only run map 5 and lower. Refunding our alliance coffers only 5 months back, with tickets we will never use is not an ethical business practice. We have much more resources than that.
    I understand that either way we wouldn’t be able to recoup them, so FAIR would be a total compensation for all resources in alliance coffers. Not just 5 months.
    Fair is fair. If this is about leveling the field then either punish the guilty and keep it how it is, or compensate alliances for the TOTAL amounts in the treasury.
  • Knorr7227Knorr7227 Posts: 187
    Planc2007 said:

Also does individual people need tickets to join map 6? Or do the tickets all go into a pot for the alliance?

So if map 5 is ran do the people who do the map 5 BG need tickets?

Each individual player participating in map 6 or 7, is responsible for buying their own tickets to get into AQ..

Map 5 is free now, so no gold cost and no tickets needed
  • Rozay613Rozay613 Posts: 2

I get where you're coming from, but when you donate to the Treasury, those resources become solely to open Alliance Quest Maps, and that's what Alliance Tickets.

It would be the same thing that happened if Map 5 became free without the new ticket system.

So how do you classify the equality in giving 5 months of donations when we were map 6 donating heavy and switched over to map 5 and now have a very healthy treasury? What happens to the rest of those resources?
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    You’ll get tickets to use in the future. If they rebalance map 6 without degen it’s really much better than map 5 ( this is coming from someone who despised map 6)

The AI is much better, no need to remember special attacks of all the doom bots, more aggressive AI (I know they’re going to look at this for map 5), better rewards and more points in the end.

Not a simple solution and I know most will disagree but it’s something. You can test map 6 while it’s free and see. Youll have the tickets and be fine. And it’s been pretty cheap to run map 5 how much would you get back (we do 12k bc a week for 6x4 and 150k gold, forgot how much loyalty)
  • hellrazurrrhellrazurrr Posts: 154
    @UmbertoDelRio yeah he did. He meant to tag @Demonzfyre
    This.

• NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 ★★★
    This is a change that is nothing but negative for the playerbase. Given the current state of the game, and kabams utter failure to communicate properly with its playerbase, I'm baffled how they could even remotely think this would be well received.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

I’ll just keep posting this because it has to be a better solution.

Make every aq map free. If the main reason to not do that is a concern for developers making map 7 accessible to new accounts that isn’t really a deterrent imo. New accounts or players shouldn’t be able to complete map 7. If they choose to lock themselves into map 7 for that day and can’t complete that’s on them. Tbh it would probably be fun for newer players to at least get a little taste of high end aq so they can see how far they can get each week if they tried it out once in a while.

I agree with this post 100%. Just remove the AQ cost period. That way people can still stay with their friends and their won't be any breakups in alliances and collectively all 30 can negotiate what to run each week. People are now forced to either take a step up or a step back in what they play.
    If you’re going to abandon your friends because of this then how good of a friend are you really?
    If your friends allowed you to hold them back they're not your friends either? See it works both ways. A real friend is mature enough to let you move on do whats best for you.
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 624 ★★★

I’ll just keep posting this because it has to be a better solution.

Make every aq map free. If the main reason to not do that is a concern for developers making map 7 accessible to new accounts that isn’t really a deterrent imo. New accounts or players shouldn’t be able to complete map 7. If they choose to lock themselves into map 7 for that day and can’t complete that’s on them. Tbh it would probably be fun for newer players to at least get a little taste of high end aq so they can see how far they can get each week if they tried it out once in a while.

I agree with this post 100%. Just remove the AQ cost period. That way people can still stay with their friends and their won't be any breakups in alliances and collectively all 30 can negotiate what to run each week. People are now forced to either take a step up or a step back in what they play.
    If you’re going to abandon your friends because of this then how good of a friend are you really?
    If your friends allowed you to hold them back they're not your friends either? See it works both ways. A real friend is mature enough to let you move on do whats best for you.
    disagree.
    a good friend is a good friend first, and a good player second (and it's ok if not everyone are like this and have their personal goals first)
    i know many players in many alliances that LOVE the group they are in more than loving the game.
    in my opinion this is one big step in the wrong direction. Kabam don't understand what affect it's going to have on the social part of the game and how it's going to push players for retirements.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    Good point noticed by someone above.
    Consider Map 6. Player A is skilled, but doesn't have time to do Arena and grind for donations. Has a decent amount of loyalty. On the other hand, Player B, his friend in the same alliance grinds a lot of arena. To help his friend out, he's willing to pay his donations for Gold and BC. This allows them to play together. With the introduction of tickets, it definitely has become every man for himself. You don't have the time to grind, can't ask an ally member to help you out. Someone has tons of extra resources? Can't help an ally member out. Screws over such people as well.
  • JDunk2291JDunk2291 Posts: 464 ★★
    Wahyau said:

This was our alliance in Feb, years of building the treasury down the toilet. Dumb and dumber moves by kabam. People were paying for each other and trading, helping each other. Just putting this up here to know what a bs move this is. The allocation of treasury was to be left to the ally and its leadership, to adjust as needed and to help those who couldn't do the mad grinding needed to sustain aq. The ally was understanding and helped each other all these years. You guys take absolutely no feedback and spit on our faces overnight.

Give us back all the donations, atleast split it amongst the team.

This is ALL I'm saying lol
    @UmbertoDelRio I feel u! Ours was too. In case one day we might have a group that could map 6. We had 20 million in gold and crazy loyalty chips in our treasury
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Knorr7227 said:

TwmR said:

Knorr7227 said:

Map 5 players should get a refund of donations, not tickets

They are refunding your donations in tickets if you only do map 5 you have no need for tickets....
    They would never refund Donations. Any idea how intricate that would be or long it would take? Splitting it up is equally as unfair. Some donated more, some less, some not at all. When you give a Donation, you don't get it back. That much has been true for the duration of the game.
    Not intricate at all, if they can track and datamine each players donations and which maps they ran for the past 5 months in order to issue the appropriate amount “AQ tickets” for this new system, they can certainly just refund each players individual treasury donations, which in turn the gold refunded would help allievate some of the “gold drought” in game and the retuned BCs/Loyalty could be used by alliances to purchase AQ tixs...
    Right. So that will wrap up sometime in the Fall of 2021.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020

Knorr7227 said:

TwmR said:

Knorr7227 said:

Map 5 players should get a refund of donations, not tickets

They are refunding your donations in tickets if you only do map 5 you have no need for tickets....
    They would never refund Donations. Any idea how intricate that would be or long it would take? Splitting it up is equally as unfair. Some donated more, some less, some not at all. When you give a Donation, you don't get it back. That much has been true for the duration of the game.
    Not intricate at all, if they can track and datamine each players donations and which maps they ran for the past 5 months in order to issue the appropriate amount “AQ tickets” for this new system, they can certainly just refund each players individual treasury donations, which in turn the gold refunded would help allievate some of the “gold drought” in game and the retuned BCs/Loyalty could be used by alliances to purchase AQ tixs...
    Right. So that will wrap up sometime in the Fall of 2021.
    How lol? As far as I've understood, yhey're going to track your donations and run it across maps you've done to reduce the extra donations and refund it as tickets. How is that easier than refunding your individual donations? They have to get your individual donations anyways for the method they're using.