**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

More clarity in character descriptions

So many things are not clear based on descriptions. First, what is the order of operations with respect to various abilities, synergies, masteries, boosts, nodes, etc. for example, Cap Infinity War should be able to nullify unstoppable, but that doesn’t apply when defender is on a mighty charge node. These sorts of mechanics should be clearer so people don’t have to go through an entire quest just to discover that their strategy for the boss doesn’t work.

Additionally, how much does each hit on gwenpool’s combo-meter decrease opponents ability accuracy. Human torch’s description says when he is at 10 charges he can’t miss, but he can still be evaded. I’m pretty sure when someone evades a hit the person throwing the hit misses. There are many other instances where a description is unclear or misleading.

Moreover, it is not always clear when a buff/debuff is passive and when that effect can be impacted by things like stagger or nullify, or when they count towards having or activating a buff/debugging when on a node where that matters.

Some additional clarity on how these things all work would be appreciated.

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Fieldyyy said:

Cap Infinity War should be able to nullify unstoppable, but that doesn’t apply when defender is on a mighty charge node.

It's clear enough, if you read it properly.
    He NULLIFIES unstoppable BUFFS. His ability is a nullify ability, and onlyworks against unstoppable buffs.
    It won't work against passive unstoppable.
    Fieldyyy said:

Additionally, how much does each hit on gwenpool’s combo-meter decrease opponents ability accuracy.

2% per hit
    Fieldyyy said:

Human torch’s description says when he is at 10 charges he can’t miss, but he can still be evaded. I’m pretty sure when someone evades a hit the person throwing the hit misses.

His attacks can still be evaded. His attacks just won't miss against an opponent with a miss mechanic (Ghost phase, Hood invisibility, Darkhawk stealth mode, Invisible woman, etc)
    Fieldyyy said:

Moreover, it is not always clear when a buff/debuff is passive and when that effect can be impacted by things like stagger or nullify, or when they count towards having or activating a buff/debugging when on a node where that matters.

That interactions is very clear acrossa big majority of the scenarios, and in champion's abilities
  • FieldyyyFieldyyy Posts: 5
    Thank you for your response. I appreciate it. But I was really asking rhetorical questions mostly to make a point. I know that gwenpool’s hits reduce ability accuracy by 2%, but why doesn’t it say that in the description? I shouldn’t have to look that up online to learn it. And I understand the difference between a miss mechanic and an evade mechanic and why, in a purely mechanic sense, HT Can still be evaded... but it defies common sense and can clearly confuse players. In real life, when someone “can’t miss,” it means they will not be evaded, because being evaded will result in a miss. Thus, it can be anticipated that when reading this description, many people will misunderstand and believe that HT’s hits at above 10 charges are akin to IMIW repulsive attacks. This confusion. This could be cleared up by adding one sentence to the description: “This ability does not prevent evade.” Or something to that effect.

Also, I said it is not always clear when certain buffs and debuffs are passive and how they will interact with certain nodes. I didn’t say this problem was pervasive. But there are numerous examples of this.