**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance Tickets [Merged Threads]

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

Knorr7227 said:

TwmR said:

Knorr7227 said:

Map 5 players should get a refund of donations, not tickets

They are refunding your donations in tickets if you only do map 5 you have no need for tickets....
    They would never refund Donations. Any idea how intricate that would be or long it would take? Splitting it up is equally as unfair. Some donated more, some less, some not at all. When you give a Donation, you don't get it back. That much has been true for the duration of the game.
    Not intricate at all, if they can track and datamine each players donations and which maps they ran for the past 5 months in order to issue the appropriate amount “AQ tickets” for this new system, they can certainly just refund each players individual treasury donations, which in turn the gold refunded would help allievate some of the “gold drought” in game and the retuned BCs/Loyalty could be used by alliances to purchase AQ tixs...
    Right. So that will wrap up sometime in the Fall of 2021.
    How lol? As far as I've understood, yhey're going to track your donations and run it across maps you've done to reduce the extra donations and refund it as tickets. How is that easier than refunding your individual donations? They have to get your individual donations anyways for the method they're using.
    You're suggesting combing the data and individually setting up refunds via the server, refunds which are numerous and vary.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Knorr7227 said:

TwmR said:

Knorr7227 said:

They are refunding your donations in tickets if you only do map 5 you have no need for tickets....
    They would never refund Donations. Any idea how intricate that would be or long it would take? Splitting it up is equally as unfair. Some donated more, some less, some not at all. When you give a Donation, you don't get it back. That much has been true for the duration of the game.
    Not intricate at all, if they can track and datamine each players donations and which maps they ran for the past 5 months in order to issue the appropriate amount “AQ tickets” for this new system, they can certainly just refund each players individual treasury donations, which in turn the gold refunded would help allievate some of the “gold drought” in game and the retuned BCs/Loyalty could be used by alliances to purchase AQ tixs...
    But then the Gold and BCs that you put IN as donations could now be used for other, non-AQ based activities, such as ranking up and getting more gold/units. If there weren't a change, those resources would be inaccessible to the player. By giving back the resources, the players who donated would have an advantage–the advantage of having more resources to be freely used. By donating, you're essentially giving up your possession of Gold, BCs, and Loyalty. You don't get that possession back under normal circumstances. It goes to the greater good of the alliance. BUT, now what you're proposing is to give the possession of those resources BACK to the players, which isn't fair.
  • bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 752 ★★★★

bdawg923 said:

@Kabam Miike Can you please post a spreadsheet with the ticket costs so we can calculate our map costs?

This has been added to the original announcement! Sorry, forgot to reply when I did it.
    Thanks
  • JustapilgrimJustapilgrim Posts: 239 ★★
    After running the numbers and finding out my alliance can continue to run Map 6 at the former reduced donation rates I was charging (150k gold, 25k BC and 18k loyalty), I withdraw my complaints. We will have a 4 ticket bonus from the total cost of 148,842 gold (22 tickets), 24,097 BC (29 tickets) and 18,174 Loyalty (28 tickets).

I still have no clue how they are going to extrapolate out how many tickets I should get for the 20 million gold I donated a few weeks ago. 150 tickets costs like 1.3 million gold. Does the sliding scale keep sliding further or does it ever reach an end at some point....

@Kabam Miike any input? I have donated close to 100 million gold into my alliance as the leader from December until now.

Knorr7227 said:

TwmR said:

Knorr7227 said:

But then the Gold and BCs that you put IN as donations could now be used for other, non-AQ based activities, such as ranking up and getting more gold/units. If there weren't a change, those resources would be inaccessible to the player. By giving back the resources, the players who donated would have an advantage–the advantage of having more resources to be freely used. By donating, you're essentially giving up your possession of Gold, BCs, and Loyalty. You don't get that possession back under normal circumstances. It goes to the greater good of the alliance. BUT, now what you're proposing is to give the possession of those resources BACK to the players, which isn't fair.
    And if this change would have been appropriately communicated beforehand those resources wouldn't nessecarily have been send to the treasury to begin with.

Your perspective on this is just really weird to me, not going to lie. Almost grounded weird.
    No, I agree that there should have been a big heads up ages ago, but I was just stating why giving back those resources isn't fair to other players.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020

Knorr7227 said:

TwmR said:

Knorr7227 said:

How lol? As far as I've understood, yhey're going to track your donations and run it across maps you've done to reduce the extra donations and refund it as tickets. How is that easier than refunding your individual donations? They have to get your individual donations anyways for the method they're using.
    You're suggesting combing the data and individually setting up refunds via the server, refunds which are numerous and vary.
    Not getting your point. They're individually refunding you in the form of tickets. They're checking YOUR donations with the Map YOU have run. Not the alliance. So they have to set up individual, numerous and varied refunds either way.

Knorr7227 said:

TwmR said:

Knorr7227 said:

So we're getting refunds in the form of tickets. I'd rather have those refunds in the form of resources. Then it's up to me to decide if I want to use those refunds for my tickets or get tickets using units and keep the refunds.

As I said in another post, even the regular people who asked for help from ally members are getting shafted. We have someone running 3 accounts in the alliance. Skilled member, so the rest 27 decided to split the donations for 2 of the accounts. Now, that's not possible. People will say that he can give up the accounts, but it's a way of helping the ally like how others do through donations.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

Knorr7227 said:

TwmR said:

Knorr7227 said:

Not getting your point. They're individually refunding you in the form of tickets. They're checking YOUR donations with the Map YOU have run. Not the alliance. So they have to set up individual, numerous and varied refunds either way.

Knorr7227 said:

TwmR said:

Knorr7227 said:

So we're getting refunds in the form of tickets. I'd rather have those refunds in the form of resources. Then it's up to me to decide if I want to use those refunds for my tickets or get tickets using units and keep the refunds.
    It's easier to arrange a certain number of Tickets than it is to arrange a whole range of amounts.
  • JustapilgrimJustapilgrim Posts: 239 ★★

Knorr7227 said:

TwmR said:

Knorr7227 said:

Knorr7227 said:

TwmR said:

Knorr7227 said:

It's easier to arrange a certain number of Tickets than it is to arrange a whole range of amounts.
    No. They just want to give you the fewest tickets possible because of the sliding scale. If I would have 1.3 million gold coming back to me, they are going to give me 150 tickets instead. But I could use that 1.3 million gold to buy a lot more tickets over the next couple weeks because of the diminishing returns of the sliding scale.

Knorr7227 said:

TwmR said:

Knorr7227 said:

Knorr7227 said:

TwmR said:

Knorr7227 said:

Have to convert the donations into tickets. Running it through a code is an extra step. The same step can be used to write amounts if I'm not mistaken. If I am, still fee that we should be given the choice to use our refunds as we choose to. Unless it's going to be a lengthy process which I don't think it will.
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    Those BC from treasury can be used to get units and gold from arena crystal especially for those who only play map 5.
    What is KABAM thinking? Jeez

Knorr7227 said:

TwmR said:

Knorr7227 said:

Knorr7227 said:

TwmR said:

Knorr7227 said:

As I said in another post, even the regular people who asked for help from ally members are getting shafted. We have someone running 3 accounts in the alliance. Skilled member, so the rest 27 decided to split the donations for 2 of the accounts. Now, that's not possible. People will say that he can give up the accounts, but it's a way of helping the ally like how others do through donations.
    But you're not getting my point. If they gave back our resources, it wouldn't be fair to other players who don't donate. Since it was YOUR decision to invest YOUR resources into YOUR alliance instead of using those resources on YOURSELF, it's on YOU. The Tickets are flawed in a few ways, but they are a better solution than to just give back the resources you donated. Remember, once you click Donate, it's not your resources anymore. It's the alliances'. By regaining possession of the resources you gave away, it's an unfair advantage against other players since you can use it in non-AQ settings.
  • cookiedealercookiedealer Posts: 260 ★★

Hey Everybody,

We've been kind of quiet regarding some of the concerns that have been brought up today, but that's because we've been discussing them. We will not be reaching a conclusion on anything today, but we want you all to know that we're not ignoring your feedback.

We will have more information for you all next week, but need time to regroup, and look at your feedback on pain points, and have some discussions.

I understand one of the driving ideas is to punish treasury loaders (arena botters, resource sellers). But maybe there is a route that helps the nontreasury loaders!
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    Ok so there will be many alliances which currently run map 7 will not be able to do it anymore. Their members can not buy the ticket unless they pay huge amount of money each week. End of FTP time with map 7.
    Think about it this way.
    Player A has 1,000,000 gold.
    Player B has 2,000,000 gold. He donates 1,000,000 to his alliance. He no longer owns the 1,000,000 gold he donated.

Player A and Player B both rank up their champs using the gold they have.

Now, if Player B was compensated with his donations:
    Player B would get 1,000,000 gold. Now I understand that he earned that gold. But by choosing to donate it to his alliance and therefore surrendering his rights to his gold, he gains an advantage because in the normal setting, that gold would not be used to rank up his champs. Since he made the decision to contribute his resources towards AQ, his resources should not be able to be refunded and used for something that is not AQ related.

Do you see why it's unfair to other players?
    edited May 2020

Think about it this way.
    Player B has 2,000,000 gold. He donates 1,000,000 to his alliance. He no longer owns the 1,000,000 gold he donated.

Player B would get 1,000,000 gold. Now I understand that he earned that gold. But by choosing to donate it to his alliance and therefore surrendering his rights to his gold, he gains an advantage because in the normal setting, that gold would not be used to rank up his champs. Since he made the decision to contribute his resources towards AQ, his resources should not be able to be refunded and used for something that is not AQ related.

He's getting the 1,000,000 gold in the form of tickets. Getting it in the form of gold when suddenly a better conversion rate for units-resources has been offered is fair. Before, you would have to spend over 450 units to get 1.3 mill gold if I'm not mistaken. Now that the conversion rate is improved, you get the opportunity to save the old resources that you couldn't previously.
    Also, another option would be to give us the gold but only allow us to spend it on tickets. Due to the increase in cost for each ticket increasing when you use the same resource, getting 150 tickets at once for 1.3 mill gold is a loss. You can get more than that if you're willing to stagger it out over 3 weeks.

Another flaw is the timing. This should have been announced in advance. Someone might have donated to help others in their gold donations. Getting the extra tickets refunded is pointless for him if he has other resources to use for his personal ticket purchase, and the gold could have been used for rankups.

Think about it this way.

He's getting the 1,000,000 gold in the form of tickets. Getting it in the form of gold when suddenly a better conversion rate for units-resources has been offered is fair. Before, you would have to spend over 450 units to get 1.3 mill gold if I'm not mistaken. Now that the conversion rate is improved, you get the opportunity to save the old resources that you couldn't previously.
    Also, another option would be to give us the gold but only allow us to spend it on tickets. Due to the increase in cost for each ticket increasing when you use the same resource, getting 150 tickets at once for 1.3 mill gold is a loss. You can get more than that if you're willing to stagger it out over 3 weeks.
    No, I get that he's getting the 1,000,000 in tickets. I was responding to the people who want resources instead of tickets. I don't think that Kabam should give out resources, such as gold, that could be used in other ways rather than AQ.

Think about it this way.

Another flaw is the timing. This should have been announced in advance. Someone might have donated to help others in their gold donations. Getting the extra tickets refunded is pointless for him if he has other resources to use for his personal ticket purchase, and the gold could have been used for rankups.
    That's on him. He CHOSE to help out his teammate. He could've just saved that extra gold, but he didn't. He signed it over to the alliance.
  • CurtisisGod1971CurtisisGod1971 Posts: 76
    My main issue is it should be tit for tat. Not 5 months worth. The TOTAL alliance treasury should be re-compensated with the tickets. We’ve been storing for years. Had over 20 million total. 5 months isn’t the correct equivalent. Total for total. That’s fair.
    Sure, I’d like the resources back myself; nevertheless, I realize they were donated for alliance quests etc, so, the sum total of all donations that were in the coffers when Kabam just took them, is the ethical thing to do.
    Ban the cheaters and refund the alliance coffers with equivalent tickets for the entire sum.
    @Kabam Mike

My main issue is it should be tit for tat. Not 5 months worth. The TOTAL alliance treasury should be re-compensated with the tickets. We’ve been storing for years. Had over 20 million total. 5 months isn’t the correct equivalent. Total for total. That’s fair.
    Sure, I’d like the resources back myself; nevertheless, I realize they were donated for alliance quests etc, so, the sum total of all donations that were in the coffers when Kabam just took them, is the ethical thing to do.
    Ban the cheaters and refund the alliance coffers with equivalent tickets for the entire sum.
    @Kabam Mike

I completely agree. Alliances with loads of resources in their Treasury are being cheated out of their hard work.
    edited May 2020

Think about it this way.

No, I get that he's getting the 1,000,000 in tickets. I was responding to the people who want resources instead of tickets. I don't think that Kabam should give out resources, such as gold, that could be used in other ways rather than AQ.
    Yeah and I'm saying that giving it in the form of gold usable only to buy tickets is still better than giving me tickets. Because I can buy more if I stagger the way I buy it. Also, as I said, the conversion for units-gold(tickets) is more profitable than it was before. Refunding in tickets doesn't take that into account.

Think about it this way.

That's on him. He CHOSE to help out his teammate. He could've just saved that extra gold, but he didn't. He signed it over to the alliance.
    That's silly. IF I donated 5 mill gold an hour before the announcement was made to help out in donations, it was because at that point in time, the only way to help out was by donating for others. But had I known that this was to occur in a ln hour, I wouldn't have donated.
    Because I don't need the 5 mill as refund in the form of tickets when I can use other resources or units to buy them. I would have signed it over to help the ALLIANCE. But where is the Alliance being helped now with the ticket refund?
    It's all about communication.
  • Eric987Eric987 Posts: 78
    Every time Kabam tries to fix an issue it seems like the main focus is Kabam's bottom dollar. With this new AQ change they are primarily stopping donation dumps. That is completely reasonable but they have obviously not taken the time to see the other issues their new system will have on the game. It's disappointing to see a company so clearly not care about the players and only care about profits. Kabam needs to find a better balance between encouraging spending (which is necessary to keep the game running) and letting players have fun and enjoy the game. It's so obvious how profit sensitive 99% of their actions are.