**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Act 6 changes

Braav0Braav0 Posts: 1
edited May 2020 in General Discussion
Change the niche fights

I realise that through your announcements that there are changes coming which is great and that act 6 is being looked at. However, there is no mention to how niche some particular fights are. For me, 6.2 mr sinister is one of the most bogus situations in the game. It is not that I have difficulty with the fight but I am unable to physically get past it without certain champs. My roster is very large but because I do not have specific champs I am stuck unless I spend a tonne of units. I have 13 maxed out 5 stars and 3 r2 six stars but I do not any any of the combinations to beat that fight.

I have got a 5 star Angela, no hiemdal. So that is the majority of options out the window. I have warlock but no vision (not paying for that trash) or ultron. No hyperion. No captain marvel and no medusa. And trust me I have looked up every other option possible and there is nothing. Also, no she hulk or kamala Khan. That's less than 10 champs out of a game of over 150. All of my alliance have complete act 6 and I am being held back not by lack of skill but by RNG not going my way. I realise that this is a personal vent and many others have no problem here but there will be other people like me who are frustrated by this roadblock held up by a pay wall.

This fight does not need to be changed but at least allow 4 stars and below to be brought into act 6. Why were they banned in the first place? I doubt many players are taking the hard fights or any fight for that matter with their OP 4 stars over 5 and 6 star champs.

My thoughts also apply to other parts of act 6 in which certain lines can only be taken by a small handful of champs. I would love to go into detail on these other lines but I cannot get that far currently.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• RowstRowst Posts: 11
    This post, despite being a rant, is exactly on point about some of the current state of the game issues.

The fact that I myself used a Nick Fury to complete this fight (after many revives) shows how Niche it is.

If you simply remove the need for a fury "buff" and change it to include even a "passive" fury, then you broaden the options enough to make this fight achievable.

"Get this champion, or do it with units" - the definition of an MCOC pay wall.
  • BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 324 ★★
    It's not just the bosses either. Some of the lanes have such a bogus combination of nodes that you end up having to choose between taking champs to clear a lane or champs to beat the boss. Can't have both unless you're fourtunate enough to possess a champ that does it all.

One lane in 6.1.5 has a Classic Ultron with power struggle, incinerate, aspect of war and buffet. That means in 1 fight you have deal with the defender dictating your power, an incinerate debuff, unstoppable, ultron's passive evade, unblockable and regen.
    That fight is followed by a stun immune Ms Marvel with mesmerize and incinerate.
    All that before facing one of the most challenging bosses in the game... a linked 6.1 Crossbones with biohazard, bane, enhanced fury and crazy regen.

No matter how you cut it, you'll never have fun playing that kind of content.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    There’s literally a thread for this.
  • 2nd_slingshot2nd_slingshot Posts: 233

It's not just the bosses either. Some of the lanes have such a bogus combination of nodes that you end up having to choose between taking champs to clear a lane or champs to beat the boss. Can't have both unless you're fourtunate enough to possess a champ that does it all.

One lane in 6.1.5 has a Classic Ultron with power struggle, incinerate, aspect of war and buffet. That means in 1 fight you have deal with the defender dictating your power, an incinerate debuff, unstoppable, ultron's passive evade, unblockable and regen.
    That fight is followed by a stun immune Ms Marvel with mesmerize and incinerate.
    All that before facing one of the most challenging bosses in the game... a linked 6.1 Crossbones with biohazard, bane, enhanced fury and crazy regen.

This is why I have 93percent completion in the crossbones chapter. I've tried Aegon, warlock, iceman. I only have a 4star void and I'm sure he would work here. But no 5star version. Who did you use to complete it
  • BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 324 ★★

This is why I have 93percent completion in the crossbones chapter. I've tried Aegon, warlock, iceman. I only have a 4star void and I'm sure he would work here. But no 5star version. Who did you use to complete it
    I haven't.
    Got close to taking out Ultron with Sunspot. After reviving and dying again, I quit after realising I still had to go through Ms Marvel without a counter and go to Crossbones limping. Haven't attempted it again since. Just not worth the effort or fun.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

I think I used a combo of havok, mephisto and CG as a finisher for ulltron, iirc it took a few attempts at the path to be in a good position for the ultron fight.