**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Chances Of Maze 2

Maze 1 treats were so good that I started to liked it at that time there were very less counters to most of those bossess.But now things will be different.Question is any chances we will see Maze 2.

Comments

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
    Just bring the old Maze back and let us try it with new counters.

Dr. Zola
    Haji_Saab said:

DrZola said:

Haji_Saab said:

Maze was amazing but everyone complained about it ...

I wasn’t prepared for it back then, but I think it would be an interesting recurring quest. I’d like to see how much and if I’ve progressed. Updated rewards (not game breaking) would be nice as well.

Dr. Zola
    I was finally able to run it unitless right at the end of the month after practicing for the whole month. I fully support bringing back challenging content.
    I’d even be in favor of making it like AQ/AW where you’re capped at 15 items. It’s completely a “don’t have to do it” quest and would be a nice way to expose players to difficult node combinations and gauge their progress.

If I had my way, I’d tweak it like the Modok Lab quests where there was some useful reward for getting past each fight, even if it was something like a good chunk of gold. Run it for ~10 days at a time, maybe limit entries and bring it back every few months.

Dr. Zola
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Stuff like this is the sort of thing we need, a very difficult piece of temporary content to occupy endgame players, because there’s a 5 month drought on difficult content from 6.4 to variant 5
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    To be fair there is a much larger void of content between the variants and 6.2 on which spans a much larger section of the player base then the endgame players. I am not against more endgame content but where the game is really lacking is something that falls between variant 2 and the dark hawk boss in 6.4. Or at least that is my opinion

I for one would be happy to play through the maze with my current champs, even if the rewards were the same
  • JamesBond_007JamesBond_007 Posts: 130
    If maze 2 releases the rewards will be much bigger.Cause back in old days Maza provided us the biggest rewards after variant 1 and labrynth.But now so many things have been released V2,V3,V4 ,act 6 and abyss of legends.

Definitely maze 2 will be much bigger and maybe we will also get Nexus 6* from it as well.Mabe even bug rewards.Cause act 7 and variant is far far away.
    edited May 2020
    I don’t consider myself “endgame” since I‘m not done with all available content—but I am in the process of saving units and pots and hoarding cats to rank my Aegon, Fury, Void and Torch for knocking out the rest of Act 6 and taking a run through Abyss.

That’s not an immediate process. And waiting around to 1PM every day and running a rift every other feels a little stale (after saving for 12 days for a chronometer). That’s a big reason why something like Maze, outside the story arc with no major ramp-up or overarching commitment would be fun to practice on.

Dr. Zola
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    I was just thinking about this the other day. Would love to give Maze a shot.
    DrZola said:

Haji_Saab said:

Maze was amazing but everyone complained about it ...

I wasn’t prepared for it back then, but I think it would be an interesting recurring quest. I’d like to see how much and if I’ve progressed. Updated rewards (not game breaking) would be nice as well.

Dr. Zola
    100% in the same boat. My roster was very lacking back then, but I'm certain I could complete it now.
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    Honestly I would love to see a revamped Maze. I think it was perfectly designed for people who wanted an ultimate challenge but the rewards weren’t so crazy that people would call “cash grab.” You could just skip it and not feel too bad about it.

Honestly I would love to see a revamped Maze. I think it was perfectly designed for people who wanted an ultimate challenge but the rewards weren’t so crazy that people would call “cash grab.” You could just skip it and not feel too bad about it.

I think that’s important—and at this stage, you could boost rewards a little since certain cats have become so widely available.

From the game team perspective, it could also serve as a kind of unofficial mini-beta—throw out advanced champ/node combinations and gather data that might inform future content.

I’d prefer it not be permanent content—just a recurring feature, with defenders rotated each time. For the first rerun, it could even be same as last time.

Dr. Zola
  • Manav_preet0808Manav_preet0808 Posts: 170
    what maze are we talking about?
  • JamesBond_007JamesBond_007 Posts: 130
    edited May 2020

Maze is a very difficult content having the most annoying defenders in it including bossess like champion and thanos gauntlet.But maze have very good exploration rewards.Back in time those rewards were like a treat.But noe if maze 2 release rewards will be more like close to act 6 rewards maybe better.Hopefully it contains 6* Nexus crystals.But I bet this time collector and grandmaster will be final bossess.

There was a limited time quest called The Maze late 2018. It was pretty difficult for most rosters at that time, but a lot has changed since.

Here’s the forums thread from back then...

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/112844/enter-the-maze/p1

Dr. Zola
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    DrZola said:

Just bring the old Maze back and let us try it with new counters.

Dr. Zola

I agree. The rewards were not insane, so just throwing it back up would be fun. I didn't 100% it last time, and would like to take a swing at it with my current roster. Would be a fun piece of content since we are now waiting until August for Variant 5.