**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Act 6.2.6 Champion boss. What was Kabam thinking?!

So as of now I have spent almost 1000 units reviving and healing my CAIW to finish the last 10% of the fight. I use double health boosts for the fight. Maybe I just lack the skills to take down this boss but the saddest part is it’s like a dead end for me. I have been playing and enjoying this game for the last 3 years and all of a sudden I just can’t go on. Seriously what was Kabam thinking while designing this fight?

Comments

• GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    I dont know what were they thinking but they will nerf the champ soon so wait for a while.
  • JamesBond_007JamesBond_007 Posts: 130
    Practice to Dex his special 1 2nd attack.Ot takes time but more you practice less revives you will use.Boss is difficult not gonna lie but Claire and Supreme like champions make this boss fight easy.Yeah boss is difficult I agree but I did soloed it with my Claire.
  • HendrossHendross Posts: 938 ★★★
    I spent ~1500, was about to quit out, slept on it and finished on my second attempt with capIW. Do a couple duels to warm up, and heal up fully, you should have about 20% left after 5 dexes.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    They’re looking at toning him down
  • YeahReallyYeahReally Posts: 54
    Nas101 said:

Maybe I just lack the skills to take down this boss

Exactly
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    They wanted to make a Champion with power stone. That means sadistic elder, who loves watching others fight and takes fighting like a feast with multiple phases. In this they succeeded. It is a dreaded fight, with insane block pen and other stuff that is insanely hard. Yes, it tales away all the fun and its pure cashgrab. Just the primary "lore goal" is imho fulfilled
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Lvernon15 said:

Giz said:

Nas101 said:

Exactly
    Out of jail and right back to trolling?
    He isn’t out of jail, he’s made another account which is against forum rules and is pretending that he’s a different person, and that account somehow hasn’t been blocked yet
    He better get good at it soon that’s one of the most cringe performance’s I’ve ever seen in terms of trying to act like an entirely different person.
    I’m pretty sure they can just look at the ip to find out it’s a replica, but it’s obvious to the naked eye anyway
  • YeahReallyYeahReally Posts: 54
    Greekhit said:

Nas101 said:

Exactly
    He maybe lack skills as you said but u lack manners mate. This guy speaks the truth about how the average summoner experiences that fight and u only have to say he needs to “get good”? Hope u are a minor else having this attitude is just pathetic.
    So if you don't have the necessary skills, you should be able to finish all the content?
  • ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    Bro, I still can't pass the mr. Sinister boss for not having 5★ helmdell. I don't want to use unnecessary item just on one boss.. Still waiting for 5★ helmdell..
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    This fight is tough, very tough indeed.. but doable with the right counters and some skill. I lost count of how
    Many units I spent on him to practice getting the timing right so was able to full explore act 6.

People have had life too easy.. joining game now they are doing content with 5*/6* champs that other were doing with r4 4* - so u had to get good to have a chance.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Nas101 said:

So as of now I have spent almost 1000 units reviving and healing my CAIW to finish the last 10% of the fight. I use double health boosts for the fight. Maybe I just lack the skills to take down this boss but the saddest part is it’s like a dead end for me. I have been playing and enjoying this game for the last 3 years and all of a sudden I just can’t go on. Seriously what was Kabam thinking while designing this fight?

At the moment, ‘get good’ is the solution unfortunately. I would practice dexing the sp1 in duel everyday, if you do it against the wall (quake style) it’s easier than working out the spacing for it, and as long as you have an unstoppable counter you can push yourself back out of the corner.

Kabam have said that they’re looking at the fight in part of their re-evaluation of Act 6 and it is top of the list for the review. How it ends up is a different matter.

For now I would suggest exploration if 6.1 or working through the variants while you practice and when you get to the stage that you can consistently do the special or they tone the fight down, go in for round 2.
  • GATE55GATE55 Posts: 39
    Easy they thinking to make it difficult as possible so u need units u spend . This game is not fun anymore .
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Just wait till you get to 6.3.1 medusa. I was happy I took down the Champion, and thought it would be smooth sailing from there. But medusa is much worse for me. I just can`t seem to get her down. haven`t gotten her below 70% even once. Blame is on me for not having any bleed champs at rank 5. And my rank 4's just going down way too quickly.

Good luck on your Champ try. If you have him. Try to bring heimdall. His cheat death helped me get the last charge down on the champ.
  • StarLord110896StarLord110896 Posts: 107
    I defeated him two days ago. Used Magik for the entire 100%. Spent 15 lvl2 revives, 25 lvl5 health potions all saved up and 120 extra units. I feel your pain. Just keep practicing and you'll get him down soon enough. The last 10% is the trickiest.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    The only bad part about the whole fight is the No Retreat link. Everything else is very doable. The last 10% is hard, and I feel like it should stay to weed out the weak within the pack. It's one of the fights you can't just unit through in the game. If you can't beat the Champion and you're roadblocked, you're roadblocked for a reason. It means that you don't have the necessary skill or roster to continue forward in the rest of the quest.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    Act 6 has lot of UN-fun stuff but 6.2 absolutely takes the cake.. and as someone said ,act 6 would b impossibe to beat “normally” without having 8 star champions,!and I beilieve them,Maxed 5* and rank 3 6* (mephisto in my case) feels like using 2*/ 1* champ in act 4 content)U can go in and may b kill a fight or two with them but it won’t fun and far from entertaining experience and with the way rewards has been stingy and designed to keep us at level we were 2 years ago (unless u spend and open 100s of cavaliers, buy sig stones, buy 6* shards and 6* sig stones n what not) act 6 wont be fun at all or even feel good to 100% it cause the rewards u get from that would be nothing compared to a person opening 80 cavalier crystals a week
  • TrubluMateTrubluMate Posts: 358 ★★★
    I found a Champion duel target and went in with a 3* of SS (who I used) just to practice dexing his specials. When I got to last 10% it helped so much!
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    Trubli said:

I found a Champion duel target and went in with a 3* of SS (who I used) just to practice dexing his specials. When I got to last 10% it helped so much!

I did this for a couple weeks. Still ended up spending about 1500 units and my stash to get the timing right live, as in duels you can't tell if you did the dex well enough for that specific 10%. It needs toning down.u
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    At the time, I would suggest they weren’t thinking a She-Hulk mechanic in-game since time immemorial would become the #1 solution to getting around the razor-thin prowess/evade window in the last 10% of that fight for anyone who hadn’t lucked out with a 5/6* CapIW pull.

Then they weren’t thinking Claire and Morningstar (the game team’s own creation) would become the primary economical solutions for that fight not named Steve Rogers.

Now? Not sure. But if they are thinking that fight (and the subsequent ‘tweaks’ it prompted) turned a lot of players off, then they are on the right track.

Dr. Zola
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★

Just wait till you get to 6.3.1 medusa. I was happy I took down the Champion, and thought it would be smooth sailing from there. But medusa is much worse for me. I just can`t seem to get her down. haven`t gotten her below 70% even once. Blame is on me for not having any bleed champs at rank 5. And my rank 4's just going down way too quickly.

Good luck on your Champ try. If you have him. Try to bring heimdall. His cheat death helped me get the last charge down on the champ.

If you have him, SymSup is the perfect antidote to that Medusa. And doesn’t need to be R5.

Dr. Zola