**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What is the best content in MCOC?

Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
edited May 2020 in General Discussion
As of today, May 23, 2020, I think the best content - far and away - are the Variants.

I’m almost done fully exploring Variant 2 (and I’ve already 100% completed Variants 3 and 4) and I just find this content so satisfying. The reasons:

1. It’s difficult but not so outlandishly specific that it can only be completed by huge rosters, high skill, and units.
2. The Rewards are absolutely correspondent to the challenge level. Those Rank Up gems are perfect rewards that increase a person’s roster and give immediate benefit upon receiving them.
3. They’re quirky. With the exception of some unwisely constructed paths (e.g., 1 Star Hulk path in Variant 4), the requirements for champions - whether they are based on size or class or Star - are really fun and open the game up to new experiences.

Admittedly, I’ve heard horror stories about Variant 1 and I haven’t even attempted it. But I’m almost done with my favorite part of the game and then I’ll be stuck at a dead end with 6.2 and Variant 1.

Let’s give Kabam credit for the Variants and encourage this type of gameplay.

Story mode is a horrible experience that I don’t even want to attempt now that I’m at 6.2.

Incursions are fun but they still suffer from a lack of great rewards and reliance on partners (which can really sabotage the experience).

Arenas are just boring and only used by me when I need units.

The Monthly Events are great but I’m always 100% done with Master and Uncollected by the middle of the month and then it’s just the side event (which can be okay depending on the month).

Long form content (RoL, LoL, AoL) is very specialized and too time consuming.

And AQ and AW have already had their criticisms lodged against them (although hopefully they will become more pro-player)

What is the best content in MCOC? 112 votes

Variants
78%
KpatrixMcord11758LeNoirFaineantTimone147RaganatorKDoggg2017Parth_kashyapSolrac_2Player567AspenMityAntLvernon15ImranThatGuyYouSaw235IronBlaze09TwmR_ASDF_Osfan8HendrossHammerbro_64 88 votes
Story Mode
2%
ErosenseiogStark_SpideyMathgeek 3 votes
Arena
0%
GiulioV99 1 vote
Monthly Event Quest
14%
NCB_ptNojokejaymJorxSw0rdMasterDeQueueCats4lifeTiborginaMarvel2289LordRaymond3RookiieMiStaLovaSkinnyfatboy82ILLUSION8FiiNCHluanamendermoneymike129 16 votes
Long Form Content (RoL, LoL, AoL)
0%
AW
1%
danielmathTheGodfather39 2 votes
AQ
1%
John757Kill_Grey 2 votes

Comments

• Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike This is the content that the community would love to see more of. It’d be great to see this type of stuff in Story Mode.
  • KillerDynastyKillerDynasty Posts: 74
    Where is the option for none. It's all the same. Boring tedious and not rewarding.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Variants
    Variants, for me, have been the only good content in over a year
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,809 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    Variants
    Variants are for sure the best content along with Labyrinth and act5 for me. Challenging and hard but far from bs.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★
    Variants
    Variants are the best.

Act 5 was fun, 5.3 was a bit of a drag.

My little symbiote was awesome side quest and I love incursions for the most part.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    Variants
    Variant 4 specifically with its rarity gates that makes your full roster important. I would love to see more of this in the future, especially with all the new 2*s we got this month.
  • Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
    Kpatrix said:

Variant 4 specifically with its rarity gates that makes your full roster important. I would love to see more of this in the future, especially with all the new 2*s we got this month.

Completely agree - I like making all stars relevant. It’s what I hoped they would do with Act 7 since it’s supposed to be a new beginning.
  • AouxWouxAouxWoux Posts: 426 ★★★
    Where is the option for side events that come out with EQs? Those are my favourite piece of content because they have a different style than most of the content. This year we had some really awarding side events like the arcunopia side event and mole mand side event and this rifts side event which is most fun for me.
  • ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    Variants
    Varient 3,4, act 5 and uncollected quest this are some best content for me.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Variants
    I have also voted for variants. With the exception of variant 1, that I have only completed not explored, I have done them all with great plessure. You still are limited in the stuff you can use effectively, but there are atleast a high number of options for them all. Excluding 1 path in variant 4. That I could luckily do because I have never sold a champ.
    I actually do like arena, I like to use different teams and a place that allows me to use the champs I really like to play.
    Story is oke for what it is. But I do agree on act 6. I`m working on it because I want to atleast complete it. But I do not really enjoy it. Just powering through.
    It is quite funny what you say about ROL/LOL/AOL being time consumming but your previous point was that half way down the month you basically have no content because you are done with master and uncollected.

To the OP I would like to suggest doing easy with 1 stars, normal with 2 stars and heroic with 3 stars. Really fun to do. Fills up the gap near the end of the month, and creates a situation where you can play with different champs that you just want to try. And the completion of those low difficulties will give you some alpha's, 180 units and some other stuff.