**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What happened too alliance treasury?

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★

If you don't know how to read ingame messages, or even forum announcements, then are you expecting someone to tell youor what?

It’s not in in game mail at all I have multiple screenshots of mail from kabam in game and absolutely none of them talk about removing treasury’s @will-o-wisp

The first picture has the in game message that's says "Alliance Treasury Update".....
    I know recognize that they did send mail and I’m willing to admit that I messed up on this one fair enough. But I think the part that makes me the most upset is that for the alliances that don’t run map 7-6 what are they gonna do with the treasury now that it’s gone the thing they pumped resources in. Is just gone with nothing to gain because they don’t run map 6-7 which means that they don’t get anything at all for the treasury being removed.
    There's a mega thread on the map 5 issue. Not sure what's going to happen since it's free and they can't use tickets.
    Well I find myself in a interesting situation I suppose my team would run 4-5-5 I was in 4 because I don’t quite feel comfortable in map 5 I would still help donate though. I’d imagine there are also alliances like this.
    Maps 1-5 are 100% free now. No donations required.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★

If you don't know how to read ingame messages, or even forum announcements, then are you expecting someone to tell youor what?

Did you read the the in game email??

Did you read the forum announcement ?

It didn’t say the alliance treasury would be purged on May 22.
    GOTG said:

I still can not believe that they shut down treasury entirely. It's like a bad dream. What thought flew through their mind while doing this?

Just took away billions resources from community like that?

To prevent Merc donations.
    GOTG said:

Pechy said:

Does this help at all?

Since they didn't communicate this beforehand that message is the in-game equivalent of someone telling you "Don't move, I have a gun", while simultaneously shooting you in the face.
    It did come out before the treasury was removed. Couple hours I believe. I saw the message and checked and I still had access for a bit.
    Yeah. That happened in the middle of the night where I live. So... Cool?

Their communication on this was exceptionally bad. Trying to sugarcoat this is just weird.
    I'm not sugarcoating anything, just explaining my experience which I get is different from yours but also just saying it wasn't removed when the messaged arrived that's all.

Just curious but what do you need the treasury for? Genuinely curious to know.
    With our treasury we can play AQ for two years without any donation from members.

Now it's lost. And we have to buy tickets again. Everything starts from beginning again. Is this terrible enough?
    Okay. What map are you playing? How much of this change are you aware of? Genuine questions, just trying to help.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★

GOTG said:

I still can not believe that they shut down treasury entirely. It's like a bad dream. What thought flew through their mind while doing this?

To prevent Merc donation at the top alliance and get more money for that company, but this action also affects all smaller alliances which are completely innocent.

Like to prevent crime police can detain innocent people in prison for months with no reason.

GOTG said:

Pechy said:

Does this help at all?

Since they didn't communicate this beforehand that message is the in-game equivalent of someone telling you "Don't move, I have a gun", while simultaneously shooting you in the face.
    It did come out before the treasury was removed. Couple hours I believe. I saw the message and checked and I still had access for a bit.

Their communication on this was exceptionally bad. Trying to sugarcoat this is just weird.
    I'm not sugarcoating anything, just explaining my experience which I get is different from yours but also just saying it wasn't removed when the messaged arrived that's all.

With our treasury we can play AQ for two years without any donation from members.

Now it's lost. And we have to buy tickets again. Everything starts from beginning again. Is this terrible enough?
    Okay. What map are you playing? How much of this change are you aware of? Genuine questions, just trying to help.
    I don't need your help. We play map 5 and after checking again it turns out we had 236 million gold. It's kind of mind blowing that we lost all of it in one night.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    MikeHock said:

Did you read the the in game email??

Did you read the forum announcement ?

It didn’t say the alliance treasury would be purged on May 22.
    Yes, it did said that actually.
    Not with the same words, but that information was still delivered
    GOTG said:

GOTG said:

To prevent Merc donation at the top alliance and get more money for that company, but this action also affects all smaller alliances which are completely innocent.

Like to prevent crime police can detain innocent people in prison for months with no reason.
    Let's take a deep breath here. Alliance donations aren't making Kabam millions and millions as they are paid by in game resources that you get for free.
    GOTG said:

GOTG said:

Pechy said:

Does this help at all?

I don't need your help. We play map 5 and after checking again it turns out we had 236 million gold. It's kind of mind blowing that we lost all of it in one night.
    Are you aware that map 5 from yesterday on will be completely free from now on? There is a mega thread discussing this topic. You aren't the first to bring it up. I am not sure if they are going to figure out something for those alliances that run just map 5.
    edited May 2020

GOTG said:

GOTG said:

Pechy said:

Does this help at all?

Are you aware that map 5 from yesterday on will be completely free from now on? There is a mega thread discussing this topic. You aren't the first to bring it up. I am not sure if they are going to figure out something for those alliances that run just map 5.
    I am very much aware of it and I can't believe that you still say it's fair and all good.

The only fair solution is
    1. Kabam turns all our resources to ticket and give back to us.
    If they don't do that.
    2. Give us compensation.

1 or 2, choose it and I call it fair. I was map 6 player for long time and I can get back to it again. Those ticket can help.

Pechy said:

Does this help at all?

For running higher maps in aq...? I don't get where you're going with this question.

I don't need the treasury as a concept per se. But I don't really favor being ripped off of something gathered over years through hard earned in-game ressources with no reason to expect this ever being an issue.

When I took over the leadership in my alliance about two and a half years ago we weren't even running map 4, but we still gathered ressources in our treaury together in order to freely run/test higher maps without immediately requiring set donations. Our treasury was pretty full even before that, again just saving up ressources for future use even as a map 3 alliance.

All of that work is gone. Most of my members have been around for years and worked on that treasury to varying degrees.

And everything we build there has been deleted in the blink of an eye. Again, for us when we could have been expected to read that message our treasury was already gone for a while.
    Maps 1-5 are going to be free from now on. Maps 6 and 7 will require tickets from members. Kabam is giving tickets to everyone equal to the last 5 months worth of donations made.

All maps will be free for the next 2 cycles so if you're looking to run a higher map, those cycles would be good to try them out.

If you run map 5 (I don't know what map you play. Honestly I thought you were map 6) you won't need to donate anything to run it. There is a larger thread on the map 5 issue of those alliances getting tickets they can't use. Not sure if you've seen it.
  • AydenPlays1AydenPlays1 Posts: 119
    Well I'm kinda concerned guys but not too much because my alliance 3 months old and it's gotten to Map 4.

GOTG said:

GOTG said:

Pechy said:

Does this help at all?

Which is great. And how does that change the fact that they could have used those 236 million gold and most likely equivalent amounts of battlechips and loyality to play map 6 without donations whenever they're ready by using the ressources they saved up over what I would assume was quite a long time?
    As of right now, everyone is getting tickets equal to the last 5 months of donations in the treasury. So yes, they can keep the tickets to try map 6 or 7 later.

Some map 5 alliances don't want to move up so they don't need the tickets. Which 8 100% understand and there isn't a solution for that yet. That could change, I haven't seen the latest in that thread yet.
    Also I thought it would have something to do with the alliance tickets but didn't think it would be so fast and gone...
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

GOTG said:

GOTG said:

Pechy said:

Does this help at all?

Which is great. And how does that change the fact that they could have used those 236 million gold and most likely equivalent amounts of battlechips and loyality to play map 6 without donations whenever they're ready by using the ressources they saved up over what I would assume was quite a long time?
    All that is useless with the new system.

If you’ve been saving for such a long time that made no sense to have put it into the treasury instead of keeping it in individual accounts; not only is there no assurance something will not happen to the person who has authority over the treasury there is also no assurance that the game itself will not move on from the treasury leaving those resources wasted; and that’s what happened the game evolved. Things change, you should expect things to change and plan accordingly.

Or maybe Kabam made a promise regarding the treasury the rest of us are unaware of?

Pechy said:

Does this help at all?

For running higher maps in aq...? I don't get where you're going with this question.

I don't need the treasury as a concept per se. But I don't really favor being ripped off of something gathered over years through hard earned in-game ressources with no reason to expect this ever being an issue.

When I took over the leadership in my alliance about two and a half years ago we weren't even running map 4, but we still gathered ressources in our treaury together in order to freely run/test higher maps without immediately requiring set donations. Our treasury was pretty full even before that, again just saving up ressources for future use even as a map 3 alliance.

All of that work is gone. Most of my members have been around for years and worked on that treasury to varying degrees.

And everything we build there has been deleted in the blink of an eye. Again, for us when we could have been expected to read that message our treasury was already gone for a while.
    Maps 1-5 are going to be free from now on. Maps 6 and 7 will require tickets from members. Kabam is giving tickets to everyone equal to the last 5 months worth of donations made.

All maps will be free for the next 2 cycles so if you're looking to run a higher map, those cycles would be good to try them out.

If you run map 5 (I don't know what map you play. Honestly I thought you were map 6) you won't need to donate anything to run it. There is a larger thread on the map 5 issue of those alliances getting tickets they can't use. Not sure if you've seen it.
    Let's try this again, slowly:

We built our treasury over about two and a half years. Almost none of the ressources in our treasury were donated in the last 5 months. We saved those up for running higher aq maps in the future.

We are completely f*cked over by this. Almost no one in my alliance will get any tickets.

We run 5/4/4, donations haven't been an issue to us for a long time anyways and our treasury was something we built and kept for the future of our alliance. In the last few weeks 5 of my members became cavaliers, we were actually about to start getting into map 6 as long as everyone qualified had enough time on their hands.

Now we will need to directly pay for that, although we had more than enough ressources built up to do that.
    Look man, I'm just explaining to you what I know is happening. I am just getting the info from the announcement thread at the top of the forums. All I know is it said 5 months of donations. I am not sure if that means they will split out what those donations were in the treasury equal to 5 months or if it's actual 5 months of actual donations. I don't know the answer to it.

I'm gonna step aside from this as I don't want to argue with you or give you incorrect info.
    CoatHang3r said that Kabam made a promise regarding the treasury that the rest of us are unaware of...

Well... great point but wouldn't Kabam give us a in-game message???
    Kabam can turn all our treasury into tickets and give it to players but they didn't. They choose to shut it down completely. It's bs.

I played map 6 for long time. I may come back to it. New players may play map 6 and 7 one day. The tickets will help.

But no. You have to buy it from 0.

Sht move from Kabam.

Maybe Kabam wanted a new currency?? IDK just a thought. Like maybe they change our treasury to equvaliant of our treasury in alliance tickets.
    GOTG said:

Kabam can turn all our treasury into tickets and give it to players but they didn't. They choose to shut it down completely. It's bs.

I played map 6 for long time. I may come back to it. New players may play map 6 and 7 one day. The tickets will help.

But no. You have to buy it from 0.

Sht move from Kabam.

It sounds like you will get tickets regardless. In all honesty, 236 million is way too much to have in there, just a waste of gold.
This discussion has been closed.