**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What happened too alliance treasury?

Comments

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

<
    As of right now, everyone is getting tickets equal to the last 5 months of donations in the treasury. So yes, they can keep the tickets to try map 6 or 7 later.

That is a misinterpretation of the post. Players will receive tickets relative to their excess donations based on the maps the play. They won’t be refunded all donations.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★

<
    As of right now, everyone is getting tickets equal to the last 5 months of donations in the treasury. So yes, they can keep the tickets to try map 6 or 7 later.

That is a misinterpretation of the post. Players will receive tickets relative to their excess donations based on the maps the play. They won’t be refunded all donations.
    All I know is it says equal to 5 months worth. I know it's not all of it.

GOTG said:

GOTG said:

Pechy said:

Does this help at all?

Since they didn't communicate this beforehand that message is the in-game equivalent of someone telling you "Don't move, I have a gun", while simultaneously shooting you in the face.
    It did come out before the treasury was removed. Couple hours I believe. I saw the message and checked and I still had access for a bit.
    Yeah. That happened in the middle of the night where I live. So... Cool?

Their communication on this was exceptionally bad. Trying to sugarcoat this is just weird.
    I'm not sugarcoating anything, just explaining my experience which I get is different from yours but also just saying it wasn't removed when the messaged arrived that's all.

Just curious but what do you need the treasury for? Genuinely curious to know.
    With our treasury we can play AQ for two years without any donation from members.

Now it's lost. And we have to buy tickets again. Everything starts from beginning again. Is this terrible enough?
    Okay. What map are you playing? How much of this change are you aware of? Genuine questions, just trying to help.
    I don't need your help. We play map 5 and after checking again it turns out we had 236 million gold. It's kind of mind blowing that we lost all of it in one night.
    Are you aware that map 5 from yesterday on will be completely free from now on? There is a mega thread discussing this topic. You aren't the first to bring it up. I am not sure if they are going to figure out something for those alliances that run just map 5.
    Which is great. And how does that change the fact that they could have used those 236 million gold and most likely equivalent amounts of battlechips and loyality to play map 6 without donations whenever they're ready by using the ressources they saved up over what I would assume was quite a long time?
    All that is useless with the new system.

If you’ve been saving for such a long time that made no sense to have put it into the treasury instead of keeping it in individual accounts; not only is there no assurance something will not happen to the person who has authority over the treasury there is also no assurance that the game itself will not move on from the treasury leaving those resources wasted; and that’s what happened the game evolved. Things change, you should expect things to change and plan accordingly.

Or maybe Kabam made a promise regarding the treasury the rest of us are unaware of?
    Are you serious...? You're talking about a system that has been in place for a really really long time. New maps with higher costs have been released WHILE that system was in place, making it all the more reasonable to built up at least some sort of a cushion in preparation for those maps.

I never said I was promised for this to never change. That's just such a silly leap in logic you made there just to make your contrarian position look intellectual. I did however rightfully expect for kabam to hand out appropriate compensation for a system that allowed for alliances to save up ressources over literally years.
    Would it be better if they changed how we pay for AQ but left the treasury as a memorial? I’m not following how the treasury was not already a place where people forfeited their resources for whatever reason if they’ve been dumping resources into it that they cannot use. The treasury isn’t a bank.
  • AydenPlays1AydenPlays1 Posts: 119

GOTG said:

GOTG said:

Pechy said:

Does this help at all?

Since they didn't communicate this beforehand that message is the in-game equivalent of someone telling you "Don't move, I have a gun", while simultaneously shooting you in the face.
    It did come out before the treasury was removed. Couple hours I believe. I saw the message and checked and I still had access for a bit.

Their communication on this was exceptionally bad. Trying to sugarcoat this is just weird.
    I'm not sugarcoating anything, just explaining my experience which I get is different from yours but also just saying it wasn't removed when the messaged arrived that's all.

With our treasury we can play AQ for two years without any donation from members.

Now it's lost. And we have to buy tickets again. Everything starts from beginning again. Is this terrible enough?
    Okay. What map are you playing? How much of this change are you aware of? Genuine questions, just trying to help.
    I don't need your help. We play map 5 and after checking again it turns out we had 236 million gold. It's kind of mind blowing that we lost all of it in one night.
    Are you aware that map 5 from yesterday on will be completely free from now on? There is a mega thread discussing this topic. You aren't the first to bring it up. I am not sure if they are going to figure out something for those alliances that run just map 5.
    Which is great. And how does that change the fact that they could have used those 236 million gold and most likely equivalent amounts of battlechips and loyality to play map 6 without donations whenever they're ready by using the ressources they saved up over what I would assume was quite a long time?

If you’ve been saving for such a long time that made no sense to have put it into the treasury instead of keeping it in individual accounts; not only is there no assurance something will not happen to the person who has authority over the treasury there is also no assurance that the game itself will not move on from the treasury leaving those resources wasted; and that’s what happened the game evolved. Things change, you should expect things to change and plan accordingly.

Or maybe Kabam made a promise regarding the treasury the rest of us are unaware of?
    Are you serious...? You're talking about a system that has been in place for a really really long time. New maps with higher costs have been released WHILE that system was in place, making it all the more reasonable to built up at least some sort of a cushion in preparation for those maps.

I never said I was promised for this to never change. That's just such a silly leap in logic you made there just to make your contrarian position look intellectual. I did however rightfully expect for kabam to hand out appropriate compensation for a system that allowed for alliances to save up ressources over literally years.
    Would it be better if they changed how we pay for AQ but left the treasury as a memorial? I’m not following how the treasury was not already a place where people forfeited their resources for whatever reason if they’ve been dumping resources into it that they cannot use. The treasury isn’t a bank.
    You literally quoted me talking about appropriate compensation for treasuries built up over a long time, so how did you make the leap to that memorial statement? If you can't properly comprehend what I say, please don't bother to reply to me.

And did you honestly just say you don't understand why people put ressources in the treasury...? Also after quoting me talking about saving ressources for higher maps etc.? Look, if you're tired or something, just go to bed.
    Simply because “built up over a long time” isn’t relative to what the treasury’s function is. What I’m reading is that for 2.5 years you’ve been running an alliance that maintains a treasury it does not use or seemingly intend to use. It’s like people were putting donations in there just for ceremony but stopped somewhat recently because you do not expect to see any return based on the past 5 months.

The treasury pays for what you intend to immediately do in AQ not for what you hope to do in 3 years. Anything put in to it beyond a couple weeks out is simply forfeiting the resources.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020

MikeHock said:

If you don't know how to read ingame messages, or even forum announcements, then are you expecting someone to tell youor what?

Did you read the the in game email??

Did you read the forum announcement ?

It didn’t say the alliance treasury would be purged on May 22.
    Yes, it did said that actually.
    Not with the same words, but that information was still delivered
    That’s just flat out wrong. May 22nd does not equal June 3rd.

Do you live in bizarro world?

edited May 2020

GOTG said:

GOTG said:

Pechy said:

Does this help at all?

You literally quoted me talking about appropriate compensation for treasuries built up over a long time, so how did you make the leap to that memorial statement? If you can't properly comprehend what I say, please don't bother to reply to me.

And did you honestly just say you don't understand why people put ressources in the treasury...? Also after quoting me talking about saving ressources for higher maps etc.? Look, if you're tired or something, just go to bed.
    Simply because “built up over a long time” isn’t relative to what the treasury’s function is. What I’m reading is that for 2.5 years you’ve been running an alliance that maintains a treasury it does not use or seemingly intend to use. It’s like people were putting donations in there just for ceremony but stopped somewhat recently because you do not expect to see any return based on the past 5 months.

The treasury pays for what you intend to immediately do in AQ not for what you hope to do in 3 years. Anything put in to it beyond a couple weeks out is simply forfeiting the resources.
    Oh. Oh yes? Where does it say that?
    Where does it say the treasury is a bank you build up over time and is insured? Paying a month in advance for AQ is ludicrous and risky let alone years.

Last I checked the game charges for AQ one day at a time and recently on a per BG basis.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Didn’t read any of the thread

Op to sum it up kabam announced the same day that they implemented an extremely poorly thought out solution to stopping a fraction of the player base from paying alliance donations to a third party so that they in return get paid. Subsequently all alliances had their entire treasuries stolen from them but will receive back the last 5 months of donations but only in their arbitrary tickets which can only be used in map 6 or 7. If your alliance has been running all map 6 or 7 you are good. If you have been running hybrids across bgs you are screwed and your alliance will likely fall apart due to the repercussions of some paying more than other. If you only run map 5 kabam has taken your entire treasury but you will never have to pay to enter again.

GOTG said:

GOTG said:

Pechy said:

Does this help at all?

Where does it say the treasury is a bank you build up over time and is insured? Paying a month in advance for AQ is ludicrous and risky let alone years.
    Oh the good old switcheroo. What a great and compelling argument.
    Wasn’t an argument it was a question.

To answer yours, Last I checked the game charges for AQ one day at a time and recently on a per BG basis.

GOTG said:

GOTG said:

Pechy said:

Does this help at all?

Last I checked the game charges for AQ one day at a time and recently on a per BG basis.
    Cool. Last time I checked I didn't have a treasury anymore, but before that the game allowed people to donate how much they wanted whenever they wanted.
    So bring back the treasury and let people ceremoniously donate to it? Have you heard about tickets?

Why would you donate for AQ years in advance?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    MikeHock said:

MikeHock said:

If you don't know how to read ingame messages, or even forum announcements, then are you expecting someone to tell youor what?

Did you read the the in game email??

Did you read the forum announcement ?

It didn’t say the alliance treasury would be purged on May 22.
    Yes, it did said that actually.
    Not with the same words, but that information was still delivered
    That’s just flat out wrong. May 22nd does not equal June 3rd.

Do you live in bizarro world?

You might have got something wrong, honestly. June 3rd wasn't mentioned to be the date for the treasury system to be removed, it was May 22nd.

As you can read in the announcement and in the ingame message, that was sent ou on the 22nd May stating "Summoners will find that they are now unable to donate to the Alliance Treasuries". The "now" statement means "as off today", the 22nd May. Not the 3rd June

The fact that they announced and pulled on the same day is just ****. This should have been announced, at the least, prior to donations of last week. More realistically before aq started, it would have allowed alliances to use some of the treasury stolen from them to push higher maps for the week. The way it was handled was nearly as poorly as it could have been.

And there's literally a rotating alliance event in the game about spending loyality. One way to get points for that event is to donate loyality. Not only does the game not say the treasury is designed for immediate use only, it even implies the opposite.

Go to sleep coaty, you're obviously tired.

You’ll be refunded the loyalty donated for the event during the past 5 months. Not sure how that means the game is telling you to donate months and years in advance. Are you familiar with the loyalty crystal and loyalty store?
  • BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★
    I think this is a great Improvement kabam have added to the game it puts a stop to illegal treasury dumping & at the same time adding a bit of relief to alliance leadership not having to worry about late donations !

The fact that they announced and pulled on the same day is just ****. This should have been announced, at the least, prior to donations of last week. More realistically before aq started, it would have allowed alliances to use some of the treasury stolen from them to push higher maps for the week. The way it was handled was nearly as poorly as it could have been.

AQ is free. They wouldn't need donations anyway. Next 2 cycles are free

I am referring to donations that clicked over last sunday
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    Where in either of these does it say the treasury will be deleted effective immediately?

GOTG said:

GOTG said:

Pechy said:

Does this help at all?

Oh the good old switcheroo. What a great and compelling argument.
    Wasn’t an argument it was a question.

To answer yours, Last I checked the game charges for AQ one day at a time and recently on a per BG basis.
    Then let's ask each other questions:

Where there any restrictions regarding when and how much one could donate to their alliance?

Where there any relevant upper limits to the treasury?

Where players in any way shape or form advised and/or otherwise informed in-game about the apparent immediate use function of the treasury?

You are so eager to be contrarian it's just pathetic to be frank. Neither were we restricted to nor were we advised not to over-donate to our treasury in order to save up for future aq costs. This is a fact.

"B-b-b-b-b-ut tHe oPpoSiTe wAsn'T tHe cAsE eIthEr!"
    Looking for an answer and not finding one suggests you have no answer. Part of Socratic questioning is reciprocation which you are not offering.

Yes there were restrictions, numerical caps and black out periods.

Why would Kabam tell players to not pay for something they are not doing? It’s common sense to not pay for something you are not receiving. The line of reasoning is farcical.

Sorry this is such an emotional event for you.

I am referring to donations that clicked over last sunday
    Oh ok. Essentially you are saying if we knew earlier, we wouldn't have ad to donate for last cycle possibly. Depending on alliance treasury stockpiles obviously.
This discussion has been closed.