**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

T1A cats are way overpriced and rare

Comments

• ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    As a player focusing on rank up 5*, I definitely would love to see more accessible T1A sources. Nonetheless, OP’s example comparing glory requirement for 6 T1A with 1 T2A is not an apple to apple comparison. And I think you should not count on glory store as your key source of T1A.

There is 3 day team milestones, SA, daily objective crystals, specific arena. Sigil and ad hoc deals are also a source for paid players.

The current sources are marginally adequate for me to maintain regular rank up. Again it is nice to have more sources but the resources problem may just shift to T4cc or T4b.
  • AouxWouxAouxWoux Posts: 426 ★★★
    Most people forget that heroic difficulty exists. Exploring and completing the heroic difficulty gives a lot of t1a.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    AouxWoux said:

Most people forget that heroic difficulty exists. Exploring and completing the heroic difficulty gives a lot of t1a.

I forgot to add you don't get any t1a for exploration of heroic monthly EQ. You just get the 2 from the initial completion rewards.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    1. Every 9 days you grind T1A arena: you get 3 (9 in a month)
    2. Every 3 days you fulfill Team milestone: you get 1 (10 in a month)
    3. AQ crystal above map 3: subject to drop rate (mostly get more than 1 in a month)
    4. Monthly EQ (heoric: 2+master: 3=5 in total)
    5. Greater solo crystal: just ignore it coz drop rate extremely rare
    6. Glory Store (10 for 3550 glory, reset in 7 days)

Ignore Sigil and paid offer/prompt unit offer, you can get at least 25 T1A from option 1-5 and redeem 10 T1A from glory store. Make it 35 per month.

As a player, more resources are definitely good thing, yet which is “adequacy level” or not is debatable. Personally I don’t count glory store for T1A (maybe just redeem 2-3) much.
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★

I don't get the people with plenty of T1 Alpha in their Stashes, and don't Rank Up as many Champions as other people do, replying to this post with disagreements. It clearly doesn't effect you In Any Negative Way then and only aims to Help others, so why are you trying to shut down the people who just want this Old Overused Resource to get some new/revamped availability points?

Most of my hero’s are ranked up so you are wrong. I have 18 in my overflow and still two more in my stash. Just to point out that they are not rare.

• AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Batman05 said:

I don't get the people with plenty of T1 Alpha in their Stashes, and don't Rank Up as many Champions as other people do, replying to this post with disagreements. It clearly doesn't effect you In Any Negative Way then and only aims to Help others, so why are you trying to shut down the people who just want this Old Overused Resource to get some new/revamped availability points?

Most of my hero’s are ranked up so you are wrong. I have 18 in my overflow and still two more in my stash. Just to point out that they are not rare.

Is it possible that you have so many in the stash right now because you've already ranked everyone that you want?

Not everyone is in a position with an almost 1.5m roster with no one that they would like to rank up.
    Even if he ranked up everyone, it still proves they aren't rare to find
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

Batman05 said:

Is it possible that you have so many in the stash right now because you've already ranked everyone that you want?

Not everyone is in a position with an almost 1.5m roster with no one that they would like to rank up.
    Even if he ranked up everyone, it still proves they aren't rare to find
    That's not entirely true either. There are many variables that can affect any resource gain in this game.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,804 ★★★★★

I forgot to add you don't get any t1a for exploration of heroic monthly EQ. You just get the 2 from the initial completion rewards.

And the funniest is that uncollected event quest don’t give any of them 🤣 despite uncollected and cavalier players need these cats at higher quantities
    AouxWoux said:

It gives a couple of them (I do ALL event quest difficulties monthly for t1a), these are enough if u rank up 4*s not 5*s.

edited May 2020

So u have 20 t1a (which by the way it’s less than four 5* rank ups) in the overflow? What would harm u or be a game break if u had 40 instead? You could sell them all and get a “huge” amount of about 7200 t2a which u could also buy for only 280 glory 🤣
    ItsDamien said:

Batman05 said:

No I still pull five stars that I rank up every rank up event. I only buy t5 basic and t2 alphas from glory. No not every player is in the same situation but to say t1 are rare is very inaccurate
    Stop exaggerating, u can’t rank up 5*s in every level up event. It’s not possible not for u only for everyone and I know it from first hand. Even if u spent all ur glory to t1a and get all from every other source available (including paying offers) u just can’t. Numbers say u can’t and my personal experience says it’s not possible.
    Grumpy said:

Decrease the amount of t1A for a 5* rank up to 3 t1A might be another solution

It can’t be a realistic solution because people will ask for compensation. The easiest and most realistic solution is finally reduce the glory price., add a big chunk of t1a at uncollected EQ and increase the amount in arena 🤞 Also any other addition would be nevertheless welcome

• LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Batman05 said:

This is proving my point though, it doesn't effect you so why the hell are you bothering to reply to this post by basically saying "Oh I have Tons so Clearly everyone else Must and if not they are just doing it wrong..." Everyone has different Roster Sizes, Play Time, and Progression Levels, so just because you aren't having a problem doesn't automatically mean no one else is...
    ItsDamien said:

Batman05 said:

ItsDamien said:

Batman05 said:

No I still pull five stars that I rank up every rank up event. I only buy t5 basic and t2 alphas from glory. No not every player is in the same situation but to say t1 are rare is very inaccurate
    Sure they're not "Rare" but they are extremely limited in the amounts you can get per week. It's an artificial cap that they had to prevent people from maxing loads of 4* back before 5* were a thing. Now the game has evolved and 5* are widely more accessible, the T1A accessibility hasn't grown as exponentially as the 5* availability. There's a disconnect with the amounts.
    Mayis said:

I guess it's just because of outdated rewards in solo/alliance events, EQ and other aspects of game. You see, once 5*-s were not exist or just were rare, and once there weren't R4 materials yet, Tier 1 alpha were the main, and hence the most valuable rank up resource.

Now 5*-s are more available, in just a couple of months you get 5–10 5*-s. Hence you need more t4b, t4cc and t1a. And while EQ and other game modes reward you many T4b and t4cc, u can't get many t1a. Also count that you need around twice t1 alphas than basics and class ones (10 t1a to r3 champ vs 6 basics and 3 class ones) + you need alphas for every single champion, while t4cc is needed for a certain class. |

I'm disagree that u can buy good stack of t1a every week — glory is a limited resource, and not always u can spend all of it on t1alphas.

I see a simple solution — add tier 1 alpha shards or fully formed ones to eq rewards. T1 shards already exist, but in practice they are very rare.

Also they can think about cutting either rank up cost or t1a cost. I don't see nothing gamebreaking here, bc in fact R3 5* is pretty much a maxed out 4*, and to r4 him and break a ceiling u need a good stack of t2a, which are rare enough.

Thank You, this is exactly what i was trying to get across earlier. It's an Outdated Resource, that hasn't been Remodeled to fit today's Requirement of said Resources except for small Price Reductions in the Glory Store. Every other location in which you can obtain them have not been touched in Years, or if they were it was for some other reason and didn't directly effect T1 Alpha Availability.
  • Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 848 ★★★★
    Whilst I agree there is a slight shortage of T1A available in the game, I think everyone is over looking the fact that it’s actually designed this way. There are 3 resources you need to rank up any champion- gold, iso and catalysts. Having all 3 available in abundance gets to a point where everyone can rank up anyone they want, whenever they want. Everyone is then progressing quicker than kabam would like. How many posts are there on the forums about people saying they don’t have enough gold for rank ups? How many posts are there that people don’t have enough iso for rank ups?

I’ve often complained in the past that I’d like to have loads more T1A as that’s the one resource stopping me from ranking up more 5* champs. Instead of ranking up every 5* you get, focus on the ones that are going to help you clear content. I don’t count arena as content to be cleared by the way.

People also seem to be forgetting about variants. They’re still a lottery on what class you’ll get, but there’s a number of rank up gems in there which saves you the need of T1A.
    Greekhit said:

Stop exaggerating, u can’t rank up 5*s in every level up event. It’s not possible not for u only for everyone and I know it from first hand. Even if u spent all ur glory to t1a and get all from every other source available (including paying offers) u just can’t. Numbers say u can’t and my personal experience says it’s not possible.

I am not exaggerating. I have 116 five stars
    13 rank 1
    27 rank 2
    37 rank 3
    29 rank 4
    10 rank 5
    Not counting my four stars I still rank up.
    I don’t buy any with glory either. They are really in the game you can get. My only limiting factor is not enough champs to actually rank up

Shamir51 said:

Whilst I agree there is a slight shortage of T1A available in the game, I think everyone is over looking the fact that it’s actually designed this way. There are 3 resources you need to rank up any champion- gold, iso and catalysts. Having all 3 available in abundance gets to a point where everyone can rank up anyone they want, whenever they want. Everyone is then progressing quicker than kabam would like. How many posts are there on the forums about people saying they don’t have enough gold for rank ups? How many posts are there that people don’t have enough iso for rank ups?

I’ve often complained in the past that I’d like to have loads more T1A as that’s the one resource stopping me from ranking up more 5* champs. Instead of ranking up every 5* you get, focus on the ones that are going to help you clear content. I don’t count arena as content to be cleared by the way.

People also seem to be forgetting about variants. They’re still a lottery on what class you’ll get, but there’s a number of rank up gems in there which saves you the need of T1A.

But T4CC/Basic, T2 Alpha, and T5 Basic have all been buffed over time and we've gotten new ways to obtain those Resources over the years as well. That's not the case for T1 Alpha and that's our point, it's been kind of left behind even though it's still used just as much as the higher tier resources.
    edited May 2020
    T4cc/basic, T2 alpha and T5 basic have had their prices dropped 3 times last 3 updates of glory store. On the other hand, T1 alpha had their price lowered to 220 from 280 glory over a year ago. @Kabam Miike (sorry for tagging but this need to be addressed finally) or any other moderator can surely confirm this. In my opinion that is not intended from the devs they are just haven’t attract any attention.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I had a stash with overflow, but that's gone now. It is ridiculous t1a costs as much as t4b, which the latter is considered more valuable. T1a is one of the most used rank-up materials, used by all players. It should not cost a fortune.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Neotwism said:

This is a perfect example of why things rarely get changed in this game. Players can't agree on anything. If ppl have enough t1a they argue saying more shouldn't be added to the game. They think this gives them some sort of advantage over other ppl. It's not like increasing the amount of it would hurt the game in any way. What's so hard with supporting the community? If some ppl are short why not try and get the amount increased. Those same ppl may support something you would like changed in the future. As long as the community keeps arguing amongst themselves kabam won't change anything to make the playing experience better for everyone. As much as ppl complain about kabam they sure seem to enjoy arguing instead of uniting and actually getting something changed for the better.

Yeah and they use our bickering to change nothing.