**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AW Defensive Tactics Suggestion - Limit use of tactics

After reading the post about the short term road map and how Defensive Tactics have not met their goals, I had an idea which could help. You want defensive tactics to encourage more diversity in Attackers and Defenders. I believe, no matter what you do to change defensive tactics, you're always going to have one tactic the community will believe will be the best and thus establish a static Meta,
My idea is to have your 5 or 6 Defense Tactics, but limit the number of times you can use it during a given season. There are currently 5 different Defensive Tactics. One war season is about 12 wars. If you gave each tactic a use limit of 3, then you'll be forced to choose different tactics. At minimum, you would use 4 Tactics three times each. With each Tactic, you're highly likely to have a different set of defenders and different attackers to deal with that tactic. Having 3 as the limit is just a suggestion. It could be 4 or 5. Or you could make the limit 2 and introduce some new tactics to choose from. At the end of the season, you can still review the tactics to see if any changes need to be made or replace them with something new. You could also have make more tactics and just rotate them every season or two.
I think this would be a good way to encourage diversity in the champions and also make Alliance Wars a little fresher as players will no longer have to face the same Tactic over and over again for a whole season.

Comments

• Options
    MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 469 ★★★
    This is a nice way to vary AW and AW defenders.

Maybe even have some wars without any tactics? This means alliances will need to strategize when to have easier and harder defenses!

Great idea OP!