**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Legendary class deal

We’re almost halfway through 2020 and $69 gives you a 80% chance at a 4 star?
Please kabam update your deals, I get it that “not every deal is meant to please everyone” but cmon now, it’s time to retire this legendary crystal lol

Comments

• Did you guys remember they introduced the same thing earlier this year where the price was equal to the daily cavalier bundles for two weeks and they kept rotating on the basis of the class of that day and provided the option to choose from the three when opened. It was in my opinion a much better offer than this and I would surely buy atleast one if that deal comes back.
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,139 ★★★★
    But its a "Focus Crystal"... that definitely adds about $40 value to it 🤣🤣🤣
  • Mellymel62Mellymel62 Posts: 18
    Mine is 49 bucks. Still too much. I’ll pass.
  • Osfan8Osfan8 Posts: 760 ★★★
    $69.99 in Canada. $49.99 in the US. Either way insane.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    Guaranteed 4* of your choosing. QoL upgrades.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    It’s 3 80% chances and you choose which one you want.

I’m curious what price point would you pay or what offer would you like to see?
  • DarthCorleoneDarthCorleone Posts: 41
    These are straight garbage. Just money hungry Kascam at its finest. Just stop buying them
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★

You're wrong about the math. 80% chance its a 4* nexus crystal, 20% chance it's a 5* nexus crystal. Even if it were a 5* class specific nexus crystal I wouldn't pay $50 for one. $30 maybe if it came with some better extras.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Menkent said:

You're wrong about the math. 80% chance its a 4* nexus crystal, 20% chance it's a 5* nexus crystal. Even if it were a 5* class specific nexus crystal I wouldn't pay $50 for one. $30 maybe if it came with some better extras.
    I thought they rolled three separate crystals, so you could have 1 five star and 2 four stars
    Menkent said:

You’re right. 80% once. 20% chance to choose from 3 5*.
  • FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★

Menkent said:

I thought they rolled three separate crystals, so you could have 1 five star and 2 four stars

no. It's star specific. For example, if you buy this and get a 4*, then it will be a 4* Nexuc
    If a 5* shows up, it will be a 5* Nexus
    still a trash deal tho
  • Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 283 ★★
    I bought it thinking each individual roll for a champ was a 20 percent for a 5 star not the whole crystal being either a 4 star or 5 star
  • ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,115 ★★★★★
    These bundles are so damn bad... They need to fire the people who are responsible for creating these, this should cost $10CAD... Having 0 people buy a terrible $70 CAD deal is WAY BETTER than 1000 people buying a great $10 CAD deal...
    Jesus.... *facepalm*
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    No, I think by saying "specific rarity" they mean 4 and 5*s. That's the way it was with the Nexus PHC's.
    Also the chances of getting at least 1 5* hero in the three options would be around 60%. Someone check my math.
  • Mqc19Mqc19 Posts: 366 ★★★
    Terrible deal!
    edited May 2020

Also the chances of getting at least 1 5* hero in the three options would be around 60%. Someone check my math.

There is a difference between Nexus and Focus crystals. Nexus basically rolls three crystals and presents them to you. Focus rolls a rarity then presents three options from that rarity.

*This is expressed in the text “three randomized champions of a shared rarity”.

There is a difference between Nexus and Focus crystals. Nexus basically rolls three crystals and presents them to you. Focus rolls a rarity then presents three options from that rarity.
    Exactly what I said.

You have a 20% chance of a 5* showing up in each slot, so you would have a 60% chance of having at least a 5* in a slot. But, the actual number is lower because you have to account for the duplication of champions.

*This is expressed in the text “three randomized champions of a shared rarity”.
    Nvm, I can't read lmao.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,481 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020

Exactly what I said.

You have a 20% chance of a 5* showing up in each slot, so you would have a 60% chance of having at least a 5* in a slot. But, the actual number is lower because you have to account for the duplication of champions.
    Actually, I don’t think that’s correct either, even if it were possible to get different rarities among the three options. Probability doesn’t allow you to just add them up.

Dr. Zola
  • Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 283 ★★
    It says of specific rarity not shared. And at the end says rare chance for a 5 star champion. Should have said rare chance for 5 star champions If it was going to be all 4 or all 5 stars.
    DrZola said:

Exactly what I said.

Actually, I don’t think that’s correct either, even if it were possible to get different rarities among the three options.

Dr. Zola
    I thought 20%*3=60%-x% that at least one of the choices is a 5*?
    x% would account for the duplicates of champions, given that it doesn't work independently of each other.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,481 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020

DrZola said:

Exactly what I said.

Actually, I don’t think that’s correct either, even if it were possible to get different rarities among the three options.

Dr. Zola
    I thought 20%*3=60%-x% that at least one of the choices is a 5*?
    x% would account for the duplicates of champions, given that it doesn't work independently of each other.
    If each individual “roll” has a 80% chance of being a 4*, I believe the formula is 1-(.8^3) for a single 5*. But if you want to know the chance of whether or not you get 2 or even 3 5*’s, you’d need to get into permutations and use factorials and a different equation.

But my math is rusty and my brain is tired. Ask @CoatHang3r or one of the other quants on here for a better explanation.

Dr. Zola
  • AdixRajAdixRaj Posts: 114
    Does kabam know the whole world is fighting Covid , economies gong into recession and unemployment at an all time high ?
    AdixRaj said:

Does kabam know the whole world is fighting Covid , economies gong into recession and unemployment at an all time high ?

Weren't you the user who wanted "kabam to step it up"? That's a hypocritical statement. You want Kabam to churn out more content and updates, which isn't very possible due to the outbreak (and is, therefore, very insensitive to the company), yet you also play the victim by saying Kabam is insensitive? Remember, Kabam is also fighting COVID, just like us.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,262 ★★★★★
    It's 1 roll with an 80% chance for a 4 star and 20% for a 5 star. That's the probability unless you can get more of them.
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    edited May 2020
    DrZola said:

I believe the formula is 1-(.8^3) for a single 5*

This math would be correct if the crystals were three independent pulls. The more fun math is taking the 20% chance of it turning into what is effectively a 5* nexus and then going further to find the odds of getting a champ you actually want. For example, I only want three science champs in the current 5* pool (including the new midlife crisis captain america) of 25 champs. So for me the odds of getting at least one 5* version of a champ I want would be 0.2*(1-(22/25)^3). That comes out to about 6%. For other classes it would be even worse. Big nope.