**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Act 6 Changes

Comments

• Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Lunae said:

They just need two modes at this point, one as it is and the other a medium difficulty. The amount that they’d have to tone it down for the average player would make it a bore for end game players and if they slightly toned it done for end game players it wouldn’t be enough for the average players. Rewards should reflect the difficulty.

Two modes don't make much sense. And average players can make it through Act 6 without spending a huge amount of units. In total, I spent around 3,000 units, which I got in arenas. It's not that difficult, there are just a few fights that aren't much fun, ie. Mordo, Champion with No Retreat (the regular one is fine), and Darkhawk, who was actually okay but I'll put him here. The rewards could be a little better, but overall, it wasn't very difficult if you have enough skill.
  • Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 648 ★★★★

Been stuck on Mister sinister for months no hemidal synergy or right champs.

@Aomine_Daiki10 do you have crossbones? He is a very unconventional option. Doesn’t need the dupe, but it does help. Dash back, get furies, attack until dead lol. It’ll cost plenty of revives but it’s who I used before I had a solid option.
  • LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★

Lunae said:

They just need two modes at this point, one as it is and the other a medium difficulty. The amount that they’d have to tone it down for the average player would make it a bore for end game players and if they slightly toned it done for end game players it wouldn’t be enough for the average players. Rewards should reflect the difficulty.

Two modes don't make much sense. And average players can make it through Act 6 without spending a huge amount of units. In total, I spent around 3,000 units, which I got in arenas. It's not that difficult, there are just a few fights that aren't much fun, ie. Mordo, Champion with No Retreat (the regular one is fine), and Darkhawk, who was actually okay but I'll put him here. The rewards could be a little better, but overall, it wasn't very difficult if you have enough skill.
    Your giving them too much credit. I thought exactly the same thing as you, but from looking though all the comments in the forum these last couple of days there’s way too much of a divide in skill between average players and end game players. All you have to do is look at how much average players just love DNA3000s thread about story modes scaling. Theyre so grateful to have analytical evidence that finanally absolves them and justifies their belief that they’re not the problem, act 6 is and they might just be right depending on whether or not you believe story mode should be accessible to everyone. Traditionally it makes sense that it should, but that doesn’t mean Kabam should care or agree, it’s their game to define.

From their perspective there’s nothing for them to do with act 6 being too hard, same with aw/aq, lol/aol and variants especially variant 1. They’re essential boxed out skillwise.

They either can’t improve, don’t want too or just don’t want to use any items or units. I’ve stated multiple times that act 6 completion is relatively easy to exploration and that after doing that it just becomes about grinding down exploration by doing what they can with what they have until they have everything they need to finally 100%, but they don’t like that or want to hear that.

It’s obvious that Kabams plan for player progression is to build skill/roster/resources through aq/aw/eq/area at their own pace then explore story quest. It doesn’t make sense to devote so much time into designing story mode just for players to burn through it so quickly in my opinion. Players response to aol for example made Kabam look like a joke after hyping it up as much as they did and book 2 was their response.

The only thing that makes since is to break it up into at the very least 2 difficulties like you’d find in any console game. Personally I wasn’t shocked by the ais stats in act 6 at all, but many players are saying that all the fights in there are as stacked as boss fights, which to me made sense as I saw it as the hardest difficulty. Im convinced eventually Kabam will release champions that despite whatever skill level the player might have will make act 6 easy, but kabam has it backwards from the players responses. They need to release the champions first then the quest. You just have to look at the disagrees versus agrees and likes to see how popular your view point is compared to theirs. Personally I don’t care what Kabam does anymore, make it easier, leave it, same old same old to me. I still remember all the caltrop, degen, spiked armor paths and etc in act 4 and they sucked at the time I did them, but now they’re nothing.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    I think Mister Sinister needs looked at the most honestly. The champ requirement you need for it are rediculous to begin with, but then you take into account you can only use 5 and 6*s, you have just keep sitting and waiting for the right champ.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Lunae said:

Lunae said:

Your giving them too much credit. I thought exactly the same thing as you, but from looking though all the comments in the forum these last couple of days there’s way too much of a divide in skill between average players and end game players. All you have to do is look at how much average players just love DNA3000s thread about story modes scaling. Theyre so grateful to have analytical evidence that finanally absolves them and justifies their belief that they’re not the problem, act 6 is and they might just be right depending on whether or not you believe story mode should be accessible to everyone. Traditionally it makes sense that it should, but that doesn’t mean Kabam should care or agree, it’s their game to define.

From their perspective there’s nothing for them to do with act 6 being too hard, same with aw/aq, lol/aol and variants especially variant 1. They’re essential boxed out skillwise.

They either can’t improve, don’t want too or just don’t want to use any items or units. I’ve stated multiple times that act 6 completion is relatively easy to exploration and that after doing that it just becomes about grinding down exploration by doing what they can with what they have until they have everything they need to finally 100%, but they don’t like that or want to hear that.

It’s obvious that Kabams plan for player progression is to build skill/roster/resources through aq/aw/eq/area at their own pace then explore story quest. It doesn’t make sense to devote so much time into designing story mode just for players to burn through it so quickly in my opinion. Players response to aol for example made Kabam look like a joke after hyping it up as much as they did and book 2 was their response.

The only thing that makes since is to break it up into at the very least 2 difficulties like you’d find in any console game. Personally I wasn’t shocked by the ais stats in act 6 at all, but many players are saying that all the fights in there are as stacked as boss fights, which to me made sense as I saw it as the hardest difficulty. Im convinced eventually Kabam will release champions that despite whatever skill level the player might have will make act 6 easy, but kabam has it backwards from the players responses. They need to release the champions first then the quest. You just have to look at the disagrees versus agrees and likes to see how popular your view point is compared to theirs. Personally I don’t care what Kabam does anymore, make it easier, leave it, same old same old to me. I still remember all the caltrop, degen, spiked armor paths and etc in act 4 and they sucked at the time I did them, but now they’re nothing.
    Act 6 is endgame content, which means only best of the best should be able to complete it. Take the Champion boss for example. It's there as a gate, essentially. It keeps out the weaker players from the better players and allows better players to progress as the weaker players are stuck. This forces the weaker players to get better, so they can tackle the boss and the harder content that's awaiting them in 6.3 and 6.4. Do I think that they'res some BS in Act 6? Yes. But do I think that players should have a way easier time getting through Act 6, which is what you suggested with an alternate difficulty? No. Of course, the difficulty of Act 6 could be toned down a bit, like the removal of a few links/nodes. But I don't think that weaker players should be offered a "dumbed-down" version of Act 6 just because they're not skilled enough or have the right roster to match the difficulty of Act 6.

Sometimes people don't like the truth. Sometimes people just want the easy way out. That's human nature. My viewpoint might not be as popular, that's true, but if you can't get through Act 6, it means you're not ready. Maybe your roster needs some more champs. Maybe your playstyle needs some tweaking. Maybe avoid getting combo'd into oblivion. It's the hard truth, and I know most people won't accept it.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

They should only review the bosses so people can enjoy the story. Nerfing the content will only deprive players of any challenging content in the game. Some people just want parry/smash content but for others, please keep up the challenge.

Not having done it yet, I can't say from experience, but the majority of what I've heard is about Sinister and The Champion. I'd say I would have to agree.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Haji_Saab said:

They should only review the bosses so people can enjoy the story. Nerfing the content will only deprive players of any challenging content in the game. Some people just want parry/smash content but for others, please keep up the challenge.

Not having done it yet, I can't say from experience, but the majority of what I've heard is about Sinister and The Champion. I'd say I would have to agree.
    Major bosses are the big problem, sinister darkhawk champion being the big 3, but some paths and nodes are problems, acid wash mysterio do you bleed rogue Emma frost diss track rogue to name a few, I’d like to see a 10-20% reduction in attacks but bosses and a small amount of problem encounters and paths are the main things
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    gianleo said:

xNig said:

gianleo said:

xNig said:

While nerfing everything to give players without a suitable roster or appropriate level of skill to pass, make all defenders 1*s.

😒

You don't have to criticize players back like that. Really interesting that you like 6.2
    Well, that’s what everyone is asking for. “Make it easy so we can clear it to ‘progress’.” Clearing the content, by itself, is a means of progression as your roster deepens and skills improve. The end result is clearing it and attaining the rewards.

What people want is to have it nerfed down so they can achieve the “ends” without having the “means” to do so.

I get it, A6 is tough. Guess what? A4 was equally tough when we had to clear it with 4*R4s and lower, in addition to having a much much much narrow scope of champs in terms of utility.
    4* r4 for act 4 is still way easier to do than 6* r3 for act 6. Act 6 is not neccesarily hard in terms of requiring skills but in terms of unit grabbing with punishment nodes and bosses
    That’s cause of the new champs added. When it was introduced, you didn’t have champs like Spark Hyperion Corvus Ghost etc that mow down everything.
    Lvernon15 said:

Haji_Saab said:

Major bosses are the big problem, sinister darkhawk champion being the big 3, but some paths and nodes are problems, acid wash mysterio do you bleed rogue Emma frost diss track rogue to name a few, I’d like to see a 10-20% reduction in attacks but bosses and a small amount of problem encounters and paths are the main things
    Acid Wash Mysterio, yes. Only viable counter is Man Thing for now.

Do You Bleed Rogue/EF is fine. Just longer fights.

Diss Track Rogue is fine too. Just need to get debuffs on that doesn’t have timers.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian

Haji_Saab said:

Th
    xNig said:

gianleo said:

xNig said:

gianleo said:

xNig said:

While nerfing everything to give players without a suitable roster or appropriate level of skill to pass, make all defenders 1*s.

😒

You don't have to criticize players back like that. Really interesting that you like 6.2
    Well, that’s what everyone is asking for. “Make it easy so we can clear it to ‘progress’.” Clearing the content, by itself, is a means of progression as your roster deepens and skills improve. The end result is clearing it and attaining the rewards.

What people want is to have it nerfed down so they can achieve the “ends” without having the “means” to do so.

I get it, A6 is tough. Guess what? A4 was equally tough when we had to clear it with 4*R4s and lower, in addition to having a much much much narrow scope of champs in terms of utility.
    4* r4 for act 4 is still way easier to do than 6* r3 for act 6. Act 6 is not neccesarily hard in terms of requiring skills but in terms of unit grabbing with punishment nodes and bosses
    That’s cause of the new champs added. When it was introduced, you didn’t have champs like Spark Hyperion Corvus Ghost etc that mow down everything.
    There was SW, doctor strange and thor back then so you point is invalid.
    H3t3r said:

Haji_Saab said:

Th
    xNig said:

gianleo said:

xNig said:

gianleo said:

xNig said:

😒

There was SW, doctor strange and thor back then so you point is invalid.
    3, compared to how many now? And that’s only if you have them.

Not to mention the many other utilities that they lacked that are covered by champs now.
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    Act 6 is what it was meant to be.. a true challenge and requires a stack end game roster, as each path has some crappy nodes in.

Trust me I spend 10 odd revives using aegon to beat acid wash mysterio, doing Chunks of damage each fight and had to use OG hulk and 16 revives to beat Sinister first run, until I pulled hemidall and warlock to beat him easy.

It is all about planning and taking it slow. People want/expect to breeze through content cause they got a ghost or Corvus well I’m glad they made it hard.

Ps. Will be equally had for refunds on units and more rewards if they decide to buff - as I am one of those who has multiple t5cc and no champs of right class to use them on
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Lvernon15 said:

Haji_Saab said:

Diss Track Rogue is fine too. Just need to get debuffs on that doesn’t have timers.
    King Groot is good for the Mysterio fight too. Diss Track Rogue was really easy for me, I just used Sunspot.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,623 ★★★★★
    @Madman_marvin I have crossbones. Did you do it with your crossbones unduped please let me know and how many revives did it cost you so I can plan ahead and which rank was he + if you run suicides.
  • BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★
    xNig said:

😒

Now I know his being Sarcastic but I kind of feel the same way...People "love" the grand master fight because it's fun, but at the same time his easy! I'm worried that kabam will eventually give in and put mcoc on easy mode.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    Lunae said:

Lunae said:

Kabam wants to milk book 2 now. You're looking at this totally wrong. The nerf is a pro kabam move just as much as the players. It will allow players that hit the wall to reach book 2 content. Also I predicated that this would happen after the first week 6.2 was released.
  • JokepoolJokepool Posts: 401

Yes, Act 6 is being looked at, but we don't know how just yet. I know we're going to get. a lot of feedback here, so I should let you know that first and foremost, we're looking at The Champion 6.2.6 Boss.

We want him to remain a difficult fight, but with Book 2 on the Horizon (no established date), and the overwhelmingly positive reception of the Grandmaster fight, we know that we need to go back and take a look at this fight.

Before anybody asks, I don't have any more info on the fight, or if there would be compensation.

Mordo in act 6.2.5 is also a nightmare figth that makes no sense. I actually had more trouble with him then with the champion.
    Is he in the list for a revamp to?
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★
    ChriissR said:

IMO the rewards for exploration need an update. It really should be including a generic 6* AG, similar to Act 5.

Possibly add 1 more T5CC.

i'd wager that ANY exploration needs to come with generic .. be that stones or gems. if you spend that amount of time and commitment to fully explore a quest, act etc ... generic awakening, stones should be the starting point on rewards and go from there.
    Knation said:

xNig said:

Lvernon15 said:

Haji_Saab said:

Diss track iceman was a bigger problem imo had to use imiw was not a fun fight especially with bubble shield
    Havok. 😊

How did you land 3 debuffs with IMIW? Sp1 Shock, sp2 can’t incinerate, parry stun + weakness from inequity?

I took him down with Void though.
    xNig said:

Knation said:

xNig said:

Lvernon15 said:

Haji_Saab said:

Diss track iceman was a bigger problem imo had to use imiw was not a fun fight especially with bubble shield
    Havok. 😊

How did you land 3 debuffs with IMIW? Sp1 Shock, sp2 can’t incinerate, parry stun + weakness from inequity?

I took him down with Void though.
    Captain Sparkles is a beast for that lane. Used her for every fight except for the Punisher and Rogue.
    Also wanted to add that I don’t think The Champion needs to be nerfed but if he is nerfed, then we do need compensation. When I initially fought him, it cost me 3,000 units plus ten dollars. When I beat him the last time, it took me a minute and it was a complete solo with six star r2 Sym Supreme and that was with two or three linked nodes up on him. The fight is skill based but it is also RNG based since if you don’t have one of the few counters to him, you won’t be able to beat him. He is a difficult fight, but he is doable. In hindsight, I actually enjoyed fighting him except for the No Retreat fight. That one I do think needs to be nerfed since the block damage is just ridiculous and the degen from the node is even more ridiculous. I beat it by throwing my team at him to get him down to 10% then using Mister Fantastic to place the cross fight careful study passive to be able to tank the blocked hits.