**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AQ Timeout

Comments

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    DNA3000 said:

Gwenpool. Gwenpool cannot be killed by a special attack if she is awakened, because it is impossible for a special attack to reduce her to zero. Even if she is at 1% health, a special attack still doesn't kill her. Even if she is at 1 literal point of health, I don't think a special attack can kill her.

If your statement is true that surviving a timeout "breaks a rule" of the game, then Gwenpool shouldn't work the way she works either. Gwenpool doesn't even have any special "cheat death" mechanic per se. She simply reduces all special attack damage to be less than her current health. But the fact that Gwenpool *does* work the way she does, and has always obviously done so, blatantly seems to me to tell every player out there that anything that only deals a percentage of remaining health in damage to a champ cannot kill it.

Had some time to record Gwenpool dying to special attacks.

It does take quite a few hits to get to a point where she does die but she will eventually die to a special. Lived at 0% HP for quite some time after bringing her down from 1%.

Video
    https://youtu.be/iXZderljZ4U
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

Gwenpool. Gwenpool cannot be killed by a special attack if she is awakened, because it is impossible for a special attack to reduce her to zero. Even if she is at 1% health, a special attack still doesn't kill her. Even if she is at 1 literal point of health, I don't think a special attack can kill her.

If your statement is true that surviving a timeout "breaks a rule" of the game, then Gwenpool shouldn't work the way she works either. Gwenpool doesn't even have any special "cheat death" mechanic per se. She simply reduces all special attack damage to be less than her current health. But the fact that Gwenpool *does* work the way she does, and has always obviously done so, blatantly seems to me to tell every player out there that anything that only deals a percentage of remaining health in damage to a champ cannot kill it.

It does take quite a few hits to get to a point where she does die but she will eventually die to a special. Lived at 0% HP for quite some time after bringing her down from 1%.
    Interesting. I stand corrected. Although I'm wondering just exactly what we're seeing there. She actually goes to 0%, which I rarely see in practice, and then the SP3 attacks look like they are rounding damage to 1 more than once, which suggests there's some funky rounding going on there that eventually kills her, but off hand I can't be sure what that is exactly. I wonder if that's how long it takes for round off damage to reach one point of health, whereupon the next special kills her, or if something else is happening before that.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,541 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Interesting. I stand corrected. Although I'm wondering just exactly what we're seeing there. She actually goes to 0%, which I rarely see in practice, and then the SP3 attacks look like they are rounding damage to 1 more than once, which suggests there's some funky rounding going on there that eventually kills her, but off hand I can't be sure what that is exactly. I wonder if that's how long it takes for round off damage to reach one point of health, whereupon the next special kills her, or if something else is happening before that.
    Is that a mastery effect? Specifically, Assassin? Not sure whether DAAR makes an impact with the Sp3 there.

Dr. Zola
    edited May 2020
    DNA3000 said:

She actually goes to 0%, which I rarely see in practice, and then the SP3 attacks look like they are rounding damage to 1 more than once, which suggests there's some funky rounding going on there that eventually kills her, but off hand I can't be sure what that is exactly. I wonder if that's how long it takes for round off damage to reach one point of health, whereupon the next special kills her, or if something else is happening before that.

Sounds like you’re saying it’s the special 3, but here is a death without special 3.

Claire had whittled her down but wasn’t sustainable. https://youtu.be/N77FHe5tk3s

If I had to guess the game is rounding but only displays whole numbers so eventually a point is reached where she dies at 0.0x HP
    edited May 2020
    Welp. Didn’t catch the first video. No Assassin mastery. Carry on...nothing to see here. :#

Dr. Zola
  • 509_Kreations509_Kreations Posts: 10

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,957 ★★★★★

What about it? He filed a complaint (doubt he actually did, cause no one actually ever does) before any actual changes have been decided on or made. This guy quit because of an accident that was changed back or will be changed back. Filing a IC3 complaint is about being victimized which isn't whats happening here. Another example of try-hards thinking they know everything and making empty threats.
  • 509_Kreations509_Kreations Posts: 10
    I have @Demonzfyre and i will continue to follow up

@509_Kreations you have what?
  • Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★

??????

He’s back on another account lol. He’ll let you know when the FBI comes to clean up Kabam, international boundaries be damned!
  • Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★

He’s back on another account lol. He’ll let you know when the FBI comes to clean up Kabam, international boundaries be damned!
    FBI ??????
    It has occurred to me that I no longer have any idea what's going on.
    Back to where we were before this...

...did @DNA3000 and @CoatHang3r ever agree on what was happening with GwenPool at her final <1% health? I’d actually like to know how those final calculations are made.

Not being facetious. I’m usually curious when it comes to understanding how the game “thinks.” Might come in handy some day.

Dr. Zola
    DrZola said:

...did @DNA3000 and @CoatHang3r ever agree on what was happening with GwenPool at her final <1% health? I’d actually like to know how those final calculations are made.

Not being facetious. I’m usually curious when it comes to understanding how the game “thinks.” Might come in handy some day.

Dr. Zola</p>

If I had to guess the game only displays whole numbers but is still doing actual damage so eventually a point is reached where she dies at 0.0x HP

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola</p>

If I had to guess the game only displays whole numbers but is still doing actual damage so eventually a point is reached where she dies at 0.0x HP
    And the point where it flips from 0 back to 1–additional calculation going on there to add back health, or just a visual effect?

Dr. Zola
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola</p>

And the point where it flips from 0 back to 1–additional calculation going on there to add back health, or just a visual effect?

Dr. Zola
    When does that occur?
    edited May 2020
    I thought there was a moment in one of the clips where it looked like it flittered between 0 & 1, but I was distracted the first time I watched it. Watching it again I don’t see it.

Dr. Zola
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    Wasn't there supposed to be some sort of compensation for items used due to this? It didn't cost me any revives, personally, but I know guys in my alliance were affected. AQ starts today and I haven't seen an announcement that this "accidental" change was rolled back.

FBI ??????
    @Marvel2289 This 509 guy or Mike from the screenshot supposedly filed a complaint through the IC3 site on the FBIs page. Though after looking through the site, I don't see how any of it applies to what happened. We see this a lot here where people get lawyers or file for refunds because they don't agree with decisions. Most everything is just a smoke show. Most likely @509_Kreations just wants to brag that he knows someone in the FBI to and make it seem like a legit threat, it's not.

1. The change wasn't a permanent change and wasn't supposed to happen.
    2. They haven't decided how to make the change work since they can see why people use Corvus to do it.
    3. IC3 website isn't for this type of issue. I didn't see anything regarding mobile games, just a way to file a complaint from internet transactions like buying and selling.
    4. Kabams ToS is pretty clear, cut and dry when it comes to being able to make changes when they want. And to top it all off, it's stated directly in that ToS that we don't own our accounts and we are buying a service.

I don't see how a accidental change that got reverted could go anywhere in any court. But then again, people believe the earth is flat so...
  • MR_61088MR_61088 Posts: 195 ★★
    edited May 2020
    I think All that Corvus and Gwenpool can not die Stuff is right but i got also one champ to think about.
    A awaked Nick Fury.
    I had that last time around. Was in phase 1 at 4% and got a timeout and he was K.O. Instead of beeing at 100% in Phase 2
    After a revive he was again in Phase 1 and went without a issuie in phase 2 began to degenerate.

Is the Timeout issue already fixed or will it happend again in this weeks AQ?
  • RotellyRotelly Posts: 774 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike with AQ starting today I would like to know if the timeout issue has been fixed
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★

Hey guys,

I just want to reiterate: We don't want to fix this until players don't have a reason to rely on this method. We know there are reasons that players do it, and we want to address those first.

We don't want you to think that your only way to beat something is pausing and sitting still for a few minutes. That's not fun, and leads to more frustration, but that's a method that many people think is the only viable option for them right now. We want to change that first, so that you don't feel like you need to play this way.

Players mainly use this trick with Corvus as they have to wait 50 seconds for Corvus to get its charges back....50 seconds in a fight of 3 minutes ! way too long as you will only be able to recover your charge one time if you'r lucky/skill enough.

A solution would be to reduce the timer for Corvus, either decreasing it to 30 seconds and/or suppressing the 30 seconds cap for him to reduces further its timer.

increasing the timer of the fight from 3 to 7 minutes as in the incursions would be nice too ;)
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

She actually goes to 0%, which I rarely see in practice, and then the SP3 attacks look like they are rounding damage to 1 more than once, which suggests there's some funky rounding going on there that eventually kills her, but off hand I can't be sure what that is exactly. I wonder if that's how long it takes for round off damage to reach one point of health, whereupon the next special kills her, or if something else is happening before that.

Sounds like you’re saying it’s the special 3, but here is a death without special 3.
    I didn’t mean to imply I thought there was something special about SP3 attacks relative to any other special attacks, I meant to make note of the fact that multiple special attacks in a row seemed to display 1 point of damage. Assuming that’s rounded off, It seemed odd to me you’d get more than one special stack of damage rounded to 1 point while staying alive. By the time her health was low enough for the incoming special attack damage to round to one, would expect the next special to kill her if there was special 1 point health logic.
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

I didn’t mean to imply I thought there was something special about SP3 attacks relative to any other special attacks, I meant to make note of the fact that multiple special attacks in a row seemed to display 1 point of damage. Assuming that’s rounded off, It seemed odd to me you’d get more than one special stack of damage rounded to 1 point while staying alive. By the time her health was low enough for the incoming special attack damage to round to one, would expect the next special to kill her if there was special 1 point health logic.
    It has been demonstrated that the game uses fractions but only displays whole numbers, this is done with the use of suicides. With that in mind it is reasonable to say that eventually a point is reached where GP no longer takes 50% damage and she dies as a result. She is not immortal when stuck only by special attacks.

When you run a set up using liquid courage combined with max willpower, recovery and glass cannon your damage taken and health recovered will be displayed as an equal value. But in reality if you fight for long enough you will be verifiably losing health. This scenario makes sense if the game is accounting for fractions but only displaying whole numbers.

You can find it evidenced in this video when Quake’s HP bar starts to flutter between % points and eventually drops.
    https://youtu.be/3oYW7K0roio
    There were also live streams of the fights if you need additional material to review.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

FBI ??????
    @Marvel2289 This 509 guy or Mike from the screenshot supposedly filed a complaint through the IC3 site on the FBIs page. Though after looking through the site, I don't see how any of it applies to what happened. We see this a lot here where people get lawyers or file for refunds because they don't agree with decisions. Most everything is just a smoke show. Most likely @509_Kreations just wants to brag that he knows someone in the FBI to and make it seem like a legit threat, it's not.

2. They haven't decided how to make the change work since they can see why people use Corvus to do it.
    3. IC3 website isn't for this type of issue. I didn't see anything regarding mobile games, just a way to file a complaint from internet transactions like buying and selling.
    4. Kabams ToS is pretty clear, cut and dry when it comes to being able to make changes when they want. And to top it all off, it's stated directly in that ToS that we don't own our accounts and we are buying a service.

I don't see how a accidental change that got reverted could go anywhere in any court. But then again, people believe the earth is flat so...
    😂😂😂😂😂 I always find the I'm going to sue Kabam threats funny.

FBI ??????

😂😂😂😂😂 I always find the I'm going to sue Kabam threats funny.
    @shadow_lurker22 same. Like if it was so easy or effective Kabam wouldn't be a company.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

So if I am using venom the duck on a lower map and I have a bunch of banked regen and I have pushed the opponent to 3 bars. If I pause game to wait out match knowing I will heal up what I lose, is that a bug?

If you pause the fight to avoid a special 3, is that a bug? That would be an exploit, which is something unintended due to game mechanics and could be loosely described a bug.

If you think avoiding a special is intended to be countered by pushing a button and waiting x minutes that’s ludicrous.
    I agree. I'm not above using the timeout to my advantage while it works but it clearly wasn't intended to work that way and I have no problem with Kabam making changes for this.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

So if I am using venom the duck on a lower map and I have a bunch of banked regen and I have pushed the opponent to 3 bars. If I pause game to wait out match knowing I will heal up what I lose, is that a bug?

If you pause the fight to avoid a special 3, is that a bug? That would be an exploit, which is something unintended due to game mechanics and could be loosely described a bug.

If you think avoiding a special is intended to be countered by pushing a button and waiting x minutes that’s ludicrous.
    I agree. I'm not above using the timeout to my advantage while it works but it clearly wasn't intended to work that way and I have no problem with Kabam making changes for this.
    Are you able to kill Thing of map7 w/o a death, or let's put it this way, how deaths it will take for you to kill the Thing of map7, are you willing to pay 10$ for each death?
    If you're not playing map 7 please state that before you say you agree with a Corvus change. It would help provide the proper context. As a 7x5 full modifiers guy this is needed to complete map 7, especially is one of your guys goes missing and you have take take out a noded Dr. Doom or Thing Mini boss for those who can't play with Quake.

Are you able to kill Thing of map7 w/o a death, or let's put it this way, how deaths it will take for you to kill the Thing of map7, are you willing to pay 10$ for each death?
    My alliance mates in my bg 1 shots thing with quake.