**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5* Punisher

Comments

• R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    How many more times is it "coincidence" when a bug that helps the players is solved almost immediately and bugs that hurt players last for months even years? Cough cough evade bug ahem

Two different sources of trouble. The server generates Rewards. That's completely on their end, and they can identify it and fix it easier. Problems with mechanics vary from device, to platform, to OS, etc. Other variables are at play, and they can't resolve those by adjusting the server. The misconception is that they only fix what benefits Players, but the server is more in their control than device-related and Build-related issues.
    The issue is they can go in, make changes and take back rewards like gold. But they can't give back battle chips? Its the exact same thing.
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    How hard is it to write a query for all 5* punishers on all accounts acquired before x date. Haven't they heard of a database sql query ?

I'm beginning to think they are programing the updates on an IBM 5100 attached to a cell phone and a microwave.
    How many more times is it "coincidence" when a bug that helps the players is solved almost immediately and bugs that hurt players last for months even years? Cough cough evade bug ahem

Two different sources of trouble. The server generates Rewards. That's completely on their end, and they can identify it and fix it easier. Problems with mechanics vary from device, to platform, to OS, etc. Other variables are at play, and they can't resolve those by adjusting the server. The misconception is that they only fix what benefits Players, but the server is more in their control than device-related and Build-related issues.

I'll translate for you....they are incompetent.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    R4GE wrote: »

The issue is they can go in, make changes and take back rewards like gold. But they can't give back battle chips? Its the exact same thing.

Can they? Yes. Is that what the situation warrants? No idea. We still don't know what the story is.
  • No update from @Kabam Miike yet? All I got was gold and a small unit bundle. Waste of BC

Can they? Yes. Is that what the situation warrants? No idea. We still don't know what the story is.

Thats almost funny, but Ill click the "LOL" option anyways
    How hard is it to write a query for all 5* punishers on all accounts acquired before x date. Haven't they heard of a database sql query ?

I'm beginning to think they are programing the updates on an IBM 5100 attached to a cell phone and a microwave.
    You need to lower those expectations a bit mate, I'm near positive it's a land-line from the 80's, not a cell phone.

steins-gate-3701-1.jpg

I wasn't intending it to be humorous. We have no official word is what I'm saying. We don't know if he was actually there (exhibiting possibilities, don't want to debate it), if he wasn't at all, or if the statistics showed people rolling him and awarded something else. I wouldn't necessarily say that it warrants refunding all Battlechips because I would have to know more about what actually happened. Further to that, if they refund the BCs do they then take back what people already rolled? It's a slippery slope.
    edited September 2017

I wasn't intending it to be humorous. We have no official word is what I'm saying. We don't know if he was actually there (exhibiting possibilities, don't want to debate it), if he wasn't at all, or if the statistics showed people rolling him and awarded something else. I wouldn't necessarily say that it warrants refunding all Battlechips because I would have to know more about what actually happened. Further to that, if they refund the BCs do they then take back what people already rolled? It's a slippery slope.

If they refunded BC after this long of a wait it would be a hell of a challenge to take back gold or units, as they may no longer exist due to being spent. Thats not the players fault since no one realized at the time the grand prize didn't exist and went about their business and spent the rewards, later to find out the possibility they shouldn't have opened crystals at all. Which could be the dilemma Kabam may be facing now when trying to handle this issue

If they refunded BC after this long of a wait it would be a hell of a challenge to take back gold or units, as they may no longer exist due to being spent. Thats not the players fault since no one realized at the time the grand prize didn't exist and went about their business and spent the rewards, later to find out the possibility they shouldn't have opened crystals at all. Which could be the dilemma Kabam may be facing now when trying to handle this issue

The most likely solution is if it shows that he was rolled, they award him to whoever rolled him. I'm assuming they have the statistics for that. The other option is people are given millions of BCs on top of what they already rolled. That's not a logical one. It's a pickle that's for sure. That's why I'm still waiting to hear what actually happened.

The most likely solution is if it shows that he was rolled, they award him to whoever rolled him. I'm assuming they have the statistics for that. The other option is people are given millions of BCs on top of what they already rolled. That's not a logical one. It's a pickle that's for sure. That's why I'm still waiting to hear what actually happened.
    Gotta take in to consideration those who saved for ever and didn't roll him would have continued their normal hold had they known than what they know now.

Gotta take in to consideration those who saved for ever and didn't roll him would have continued their normal hold had they known than what they know now.

Well that's just it. We don't know much of anything yet.
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    It really comes do to ethics. It is unethical for Kabam to immediately fix bugs that cost them money, and not to timely address issues with their game that cost players money. That is ethics 101.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    I wouldn't exactly say the skirmish rewards issue was a benefit to us considering how it completely borked our ability to do arenas until they modified costs, change Masteries, etc. And while they do NEED to continue to inform us about the Punisher issue, I actually prefer they fix the gold thing first, as that is a more critical issue right now, in my opinion. And then once we can open Arena crystals again, we need an answer on Punisher.
    And on why he chose last night to respond, it was likely because it was his last chance to say anything before the weekend, even if it was just the usual stuff about waiting on the game team for information (because again, Miike tells us what they tell him. If they screw him over, it just passes on to us and he gets a lot of the blame).
    Amonthir wrote: »
    I wouldn't exactly say the skirmish rewards issue was a benefit to us considering how it completely borked our ability to do arenas until they modified costs, change Masteries, etc. And while they do NEED to continue to inform us about the Punisher issue, I actually prefer they fix the gold thing first, as that is a more critical issue right now, in my opinion. And then once we can open Arena crystals again, we need an answer on Punisher.
    And on why he chose last night to respond, it was likely because it was his last chance to say anything before the weekend, even if it was just the usual stuff about waiting on the game team for information (because again, Miike tells us what they tell him. If they screw him over, it just passes on to us and he gets a lot of the blame).

We are not saying they shouldn't have fixed the gold issue. We are just pointing out the fact on how quick they are to fix and resolve the issue compared to when a bug hurts the players.

Yes, the gold did benefit the players. The forums have been full of polls regarding the biggest bottleneck for resources. Many players listed Gold as the bottleneck. The bug didn't Bork my arena in one bit. Kabam only asked us not to do arena, so people didn't spend wrongfully awarded gold. I already had 13 mil in my bank before the issue, and ran arenas just fine.

The 5* is a much bigger issue in my opinion... Having a feature that promises a potential reward (even if it is free - like a sweepstakes) needs to have the ability to win the prizes claimed. 3 weeks of the crystals not producing means all the people that wasted valuable time grinding bc were doing it for naught.

Just because the crystals are hypothetically free doesn't excuse the issue and that the rewards seems to not have been possible to achieve. All people who opened crystals are warranted some compensation.

Kabam can easily check if people were rewarded the 5* Punisher.

1) You can't sell 5*'s. This happened just before Punisher was introduced.
    2) Kabam has a log of how many 5* Punishers were awarded, hence the claim of 70 in the first 2 hours.
    3) Kabam has access into the roster of all accounts. There support team frequently asks for the players champs and in game name to find the correct account when helping with issues (I know fro m experience).
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,202 ★★★★
    edited September 2017
    @Midknight007 (Meant to quote, but posted first, lol)
    I had 4m before the rewards issue, but it did lock me out of arena, as well as many of my alliance. One person was changing his Masteries around, and is still locked out of them. So while many may have needed gold as a bottleneck resource, a crapload of people didn't, and got screwed by this bug. Yes, they are fast to fix bugs that negatively affect them. Most of those are server-side issues that they can actually fix quickly. Yes, that does include the Punisher issue as well, given that they can run some data checks to find who received a 5* Punisher before the maintenance (if anyone, despite their claim), and see if they actually received him, or if the code said they did, but reality gave them a 4* or whatever.
    It's a matter of personal opinion, modified by how much the gold bug affected you and your alliance, as to which needs solving first. Fortunately, they seem to have gotten a good amount done for the gold issue, as mine has recently returned to normal, and others are slowly getting theirs changed as well.
    And now that the gold issue seems to be getting fixed, they can get their butts in gear on the Punisher thing, and yes, they should either be able to find who SHOULD have received him according to crystal logs, and give them their due, OR bare minimum, give them back however many crystals they opened in that period. They could also hand back BCs, but I would bet they opt to give crystals instead, as they were the commodity affected.
    @Amonthir and it was a long post to quote ;)
    edited September 2017
    @Amonthir
    Anywho, they had a couple days of time to address the 5* P issue as well. I am glad they fixed the gold bug, but the crystal opening awards is not on the device. The device talks to the server once the crystal is moved to the middle or the open button is pressed. It is at that monument the decision is made as to what the award is.

Miike confirmed this in previous post regarding at what point the determination of the contents is made. The animation is solely for fun. When you click open, the device reaches out to the server. Also, Diggity Dave noticed in the Grandmaster Opening vid that when spinning the game loads something right when the animation is about to stop. The game started doing this when complaints of animation showing different results when opening featured crystals. Miike confirmed that the glitch was in the animation, as the server showed they were supposed to get the reward that was shown in the results page (which didn't match the animation).

They are purposefully dragging their feet. Being in a corporate job, this is because someone wants to spin the messaging. Miike can only answer with what he is given, and I am sure the talking heads are trying to find a way to put a positive edge that makes the company look good. I have been through stuff like this before.

If the preliminary data showed these 70 players got their Punishers, Kabam would be quick to prove themselves as right. The delay makes the aesthetics even worse and that the players are correct that Punisher was not available.

As for the compensation, whatever they figure out is up to them. Most people on this thread wanted Kabam to just confirm the bug. We can discuss the impact and compensation later.
  • 4LKFT4LKFT Posts: 32
    you are all kabammed.. deal with it
  • SpiritSpirit Posts: 222
    Ok guys lets level the playing field here. I feel the discussion here has not been well put. The thread here has become a classic reproduction of ppl disregarding the person with UNPOPULAR Opinion. I have been noticing that a fellow forumer @GroundedWisdom has been a receiver of personal attacks just because he seems to find faith in the company Kabam!!!
    Maybe he is an idiot who is employed/supports Kabam (no offense meant to ANYONE), that doesnt entitle u to call him out on public forums. I repeat, THAT DOESNT ENTITLE YOU TO BE ABLE TO PERSONALLY CAll OUT OR ATTACK SOMEONE ON THIS PUBLIC FORUM!!

Now coming back to the topic, I truly believe in the popular opinion that it just CANT be a coincedence that the 5* punisher was reportedly pulled right after the server maintainence. We prolly wont get any answer on this issue and I seem to believe that this is just one of those things that will be ignored forever. Finally before ending this comment off, for all those ppl who felt they have been cheated, antagonised and (insert big words relating to irritation) by Kabam........

https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/6z03av/updated_you_got_kabamd/
    (Courtesy good ppl at reddit)

*disclaimer- I dont own or have any copyright over the used material sources except for the ideas and thoughts used in the passage which are mine and may have a collective similarity with ideas of others*
    @Amonthir
    Anywho, they had a couple days of time to address the 5* P issue as well. I am glad they fixed the gold bug, but the crystal opening awards is not on the device. The device talks to the server once the crystal is moved to the middle or the open button is pressed. It is at that monument the decision is made as to what the award is.

Miike confirmed this in previous post regarding at what point the determination of the contents is made. The animation is solely for fun. When you click open, the device reaches out to the server. Also, Diggity Dave noticed in the Grandmaster Opening vid that when spinning the game loads something right when the animation is about to stop. The game started doing this when complaints of animation showing different results when opening featured crystals. Miike confirmed that the glitch was in the animation, as the server showed they were supposed to get the reward that was shown in the results page (which didn't match the animation).

They are purposefully dragging their feet. Being in a corporate job, this is because someone wants to spin the messaging. Miike can only answer with what he is given, and I am sure the talking heads are trying to find a way to put a positive edge that makes the company look good. I have been through stuff like this before.

If the preliminary data showed these 70 players got their Punishers, Kabam would be quick to prove themselves as right. The delay makes the aesthetics even worse and that the players are correct that Punisher was not available.

As for the compensation, whatever they figure out is up to them. Most people on this thread wanted Kabam to just confirm the bug. We can discuss the impact and compensation later.

I will grant that I am not a coder/programmer, but surely they have some sort of data log regarding what account received what data (crystal contents) when? That is what I meant by crystal logs, simply that somewhere on their side should be some data telling them if what was chosen by the algorithm matched what was sent to the device/account.

I agree they are taking too long to respond with meaningful information, and that the heads of whatever are trying to figure out how to not look too bad here. It's what they do, toss Miike some blather for the forums, and let him take the heat while they dicker about things, despite it being much better all around if they come out and give a straight-up statement of 'Yes, we forgot to put him in there, our bad, we'll figure out what to do about everyone opening before he was added', or even just 'No, no issue, that is our final word'. Gives us the next stage to start dialogue, at least.

I hope we learn something new on Monday, and hate how they don't work weekends worth a damn, as most bugs seem to either happen right before the weekend, or their response drags out until weekend so they can buy some time.
    That is the thing, it may take weeks to have any closure to this. Much like the Android issue a couple months back.
This discussion has been closed.