**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

If you want to fix AQ. Lower the timers to 30 minutes!!

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    "We have the same amount of time we have always had. We have twice as much energy. Therefore you need to move more!" How is that not stupid? If anyone can explain I will get off this soapbox forever. I won't because you can't.
  • YeahReallyYeahReally Posts: 54

"We have the same amount of time we have always had. We have twice as much energy. Therefore you need to move more!" How is that not stupid? If anyone can explain I will get off this soapbox forever. I won't because you can't.

Have you ever consider the possibility of some people wanting to finishAQ in the first 10-15 hours?
    edited May 2020

Some people might want for the whole alliance to finish the AQ in the first 10-12 hours, because they have something to do later in the day, or they want to get their champions back, or something else
    This won't happen in every alliance, but I am sure it will happen in the majority of alliances

In the majority? No, the majority will be grateful that they don't have to worry about things like this anymore. With shorter timers even if you have something to do you can accomplish more with a few logins than you could before, so this actually helps that scenario. Hard to see how 1 hour timers would be better in this case, so another fail.
    edited May 2020

Have you ever consider the possibility of some people wanting to finishAQ in the first 10-15 hours?
    That's an option you have with shorter timers. If you have a good group that was clearing and can't do this and you think shorter timers means you have to, that's on you. If it breaks up your alliance when you were doing fine, that's another example of stupidity ruling the day. Also if that is your goal, shorter timers gets you closer regardless. Next.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

_ASDF_ said:

@_ASDF_ those opposed to shorter timers have always been a mystery to me lol. You can pretend that there are one hour timers and run AQ exactly as you have been with shorter timers. You can finish it really fast if that's what you want to do. You can take it easy and login a lot less if that's what you want. More options and more flexibility. What's not to like. The idea that 30 minute timers were detrimental to many alliances used to be a forum joke on par with Effective Cyclops. It seems like some have heard it enough they have started believing it lol. Personally I think that even in the rare case where alliances behave unreasonably and pressure people to login more, that would go away in a few AQs when people figure out how much better the AQ works.

I agree with all that. We’ve got a couple doctors in our ally, most are professionals still working. I want to keep enjoying this game... I don’t however want to have to walk away from other important things in my life to log into both aw and AQ an extra time or two just to see if links are down or my energy is full. I end up taking section 2/3 nodes anyway in map 6. Usually have to wait until 11pm just to use my energy up.

Hell... if they just didn’t reduce starting energy or removed a link or two it was be way easier.

The only time we don’t finish a map is if someone has a personal emergency and that wouldn’t change with 30 min timers lol. It’s all settled by prestige 99% of the time.
    Communicate with your alliance and you won’t have to log in to check, you can glance at your phone and be notified.

Furthermore reduced timers will defeat the point of logging in less often, you will be logging in more often.
    Evey time we have had 30 minute timers I have logged in less. Saying "you will be logging in more often" is just flat out wrong. You can login more often. You can log in exactly the same as you do now. Or you can do what I do and clear more fights when you do login and then be off longer than you would otherwise be. Explain to me how "you will be logging in more often" is true? You can't because it's not.
    Um lets see with 1 hour timers and the way the maps are laid out I am obligated to move every couple hours, with 30 minute timers and the way maps are laid out I will be obligated to move every hour.
    What exactly obligates you to move more with shorter timer? I have a high opinion of your intelligence despite how often we disagree. I'd hate to find that I am wrong. You have exactly the same amount of time to finish the AQ with 30 minute timers as opposed to 1 hour. How can you not see that logging in more with shorter timers is a choice and not a necessity? If everyone has more moves when they do login, everyone can do more when they login then they can in the current system and login less as a result. It's not rocket science. I laid down a challenge. So far you have failed miserably.
    Your alliance will basically tell you: move when you have 5 energy (every 2.5 hours) or find a new alliance
    Nope. With 30 minute timers there is no reason to pressure anyone to move even if they have 5 energy, unless you are stupid. What is the reason for the pressure other than stupidity? answer me that.
    Nope. With 1 hour timers there is not only no reason to pressure someone to move but it is actually impossible to do so.
    Still waiting for @CoatHang3r to explain. He can make condescending "ums" but can't provide any actual reason that isn't stupidity based. Neither can anyone else. No doubt I am abhorrent as Coathanger says, but the only reason we can't have 1/2 hour timers is people are stupid. Prove me wrong.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Ok no quarrels.

AQ timers should be made 10 seconds and the map kept the same.

Yes, no?

If you have a good group that was clearing and can't do this and you think shorter timers means you have to, that's on you
    That's not on me
    Again your alliance will basically tell you: move when you have 5 energy (every 2.5 hours) or find a new alliance

What if I can't log in every 2.5 hours? Then what?

Still waiting for @CoatHang3r to explain. He can make condescending "ums" but can't provide any actual reason that isn't stupidity based. Neither can anyone else. No doubt I am abhorrent as Coathanger says, but the only reason we can't have 1/2 hour timers is people are stupid. Prove me wrong.

Um I did. It’s right above this post.

If you have a good group that was clearing and can't do this and you think shorter timers means you have to, that's on you
    That's not on me
    Again your alliance will basically tell you: move when you have 5 energy (every 2.5 hours) or find a new alliance

What if I can't log in every 2.5 hours? Then what?
    Currently on higher maps you have to login more than 2.5 hours because you have to login when you have one move to take down a linked node. The fact that you get 5 energy every 2.5 hours instead of every 5 hours means that the need to login for one node is less, not more. With 30 minute timers you often complete your whole line much sooner and can be off longer. Linked nodes with longer energy refreshes force you to login when you have one move, especially when people are in different timezones and close to bed. You may have to stay up later than you would like to clear a node. All of that is removed with 30 minute timers. The Only reason to login every 2.5 hours is failure to understand the options.

Um I did. It’s right above this post.
    You quoted me several times over the years. That was neat. You still haven't provided any examples of how 30 minute times are detrimental other than stupidity. But thank you for playing.
    It just dawned on me that some people might be incapable of empathy which prevents them from seeing something from another’s perspective.

Give them half hour timers along with half the rewards, half the points, half the time to complete it and half the cost to start the map.

AQ is designed around hour timers over a 24 hour period. The same tired arguments are not going to change anything, enjoy the futility of the discussion.

I will again propose this for those seeking 30 minute timers.

_ASDF_ said:

@_ASDF_ those opposed to shorter timers have always been a mystery to me lol. You can pretend that there are one hour timers and run AQ exactly as you have been with shorter timers. You can finish it really fast if that's what you want to do. You can take it easy and login a lot less if that's what you want. More options and more flexibility. What's not to like. The idea that 30 minute timers were detrimental to many alliances used to be a forum joke on par with Effective Cyclops. It seems like some have heard it enough they have started believing it lol. Personally I think that even in the rare case where alliances behave unreasonably and pressure people to login more, that would go away in a few AQs when people figure out how much better the AQ works.

I agree with all that. We’ve got a couple doctors in our ally, most are professionals still working. I want to keep enjoying this game... I don’t however want to have to walk away from other important things in my life to log into both aw and AQ an extra time or two just to see if links are down or my energy is full. I end up taking section 2/3 nodes anyway in map 6. Usually have to wait until 11pm just to use my energy up.

Hell... if they just didn’t reduce starting energy or removed a link or two it was be way easier.

The only time we don’t finish a map is if someone has a personal emergency and that wouldn’t change with 30 min timers lol. It’s all settled by prestige 99% of the time.
    Communicate with your alliance and you won’t have to log in to check, you can glance at your phone and be notified.

Furthermore reduced timers will defeat the point of logging in less often, you will be logging in more often.
    Evey time we have had 30 minute timers I have logged in less. Saying "you will be logging in more often" is just flat out wrong. You can login more often. You can log in exactly the same as you do now. Or you can do what I do and clear more fights when you do login and then be off longer than you would otherwise be. Explain to me how "you will be logging in more often" is true? You can't because it's not.
    Um lets see with 1 hour timers and the way the maps are laid out I am obligated to move every couple hours, with 30 minute timers and the way maps are laid out I will be obligated to move every hour.
    What exactly obligates you to move more with shorter timer? I have a high opinion of your intelligence despite how often we disagree. I'd hate to find that I am wrong. You have exactly the same amount of time to finish the AQ with 30 minute timers as opposed to 1 hour. How can you not see that logging in more with shorter timers is a choice and not a necessity? If everyone has more moves when they do login, everyone can do more when they login then they can in the current system and login less as a result. It's not rocket science. I laid down a challenge. So far you have failed miserably.
    Your alliance will basically tell you: move when you have 5 energy (every 2.5 hours) or find a new alliance
    Nope. With 30 minute timers there is no reason to pressure anyone to move even if they have 5 energy, unless you are stupid. What is the reason for the pressure other than stupidity? answer me that.
    Nope. With 1 hour timers there is not only no reason to pressure someone to move but it is actually impossible to do so.
    Um. Nope.
    edited May 2020

_ASDF_ said:

It's impossible to do so? That's actually the dumbest thing you've ever posted. We tag people all the time to move with one hour timers. If people move every time they can with one hour timers there is no reason to tag, but they don't. With 30 minute timers there is no reason to tag when they don't move. Whenever we have had 30 minute timers the move tags disappear.

_ASDF_ said:

Um. Nope.
    Couldn't agree more. Glad you abandoned your last post...

_ASDF_ said:

It's impossible to do so? That's actually the dumbest thing you've ever posted. We tag people all the time to move with one hour timers. If people move every time they can with one hour timers there is no reason to tag, but they don't. With 30 minute timers there is no reason to tag when they don't move.
    Um, I guessing at this point you’re trolling.

With 30 minutes I will be open to tags every hour. With 1 hour timers I will be open to being tagged every two hours. If you are unable to comprehend this....

_ASDF_ said:

It's impossible to do so? That's actually the dumbest thing you've ever posted. We tag people all the time to move with one hour timers. If people move every time they can with one hour timers there is no reason to tag, but they don't. With 30 minute timers there is no reason to tag when they don't move.

With 30 minutes I will be open to tags every hour. With 1 hour timers I will be open to being tagged every two hours. If you are unable to comprehend this....
    Back to the stupid alliance argument. If everyone has twice as much energy there is no reason to tag or worry about if someone has energy and isn't moving. With one hour timers it has to be far more coordinated resulting in more tags and more pressure to move when you have one energy, let alone 5. I am having trouble believing you can't see that.

_ASDF_ said:

Back to the stupid alliance argument. If everyone has twice as much energy there is no reason to tag or worry about if someone has energy and isn't moving. With one hour timers it has to be far more coordinated resulting in more tags and more pressure to move when you have one energy, let alone 5. I am having trouble believing you can't see that.
    Nope. With 1 hour timers there is no reason to tag and it actually impossible.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★

_ASDF_ said:

Even if you are tagged every hour, i believe they will be more forgiving if you decide not to answer the tag right away since with 30 min timers there is a much larger window to move and therefore more room for error.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    xNig said:

Why not just make AQ timers 10 seconds?

Its best to make energy free for both AQ and AW, but Kabam cant take it that far, so we ask what they can do.
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★

Have you ever considered the possibility of those "some people" forming their own alliances or battle groups?
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    xNig said:

Timone147 said:

But why? Why is 30 minute timers a stretch? Still haven’t gotten a single good reason for why it is a bad thing. More of bad hypotheticals. Why does it have to be a time stretch to finish? Why do people have to find reasons to excuse themselves from various things(work/family/get together) to move at bad times because they don’t have the freedom to move when they had the chance?

Give one good reason why It can’t work and fit into free time in our personal lives better. Why can’t we have that flexibility and use it as we want? Why do alliances who are a capable of map 6/7 have to go for map 5 because they can’t commit to the time requirement of every 5-7 hour logins. Why does it have to be so painful? I have to use the same amount of energy either way so why can’t we have flexibility of when it fits into our lives? Why can we not have to wake up to play a mobile game in the middle of the night because something real happened in someone’s life outside a game?

And the fact is the only communication for AQ occurs outside the game makes the communication argument hard. The game doesn’t even have the right means of communicating in the fashion AQ needs you too from a coordination and set up standpoint.

Finally AQ is the chore we have to do for rewards. It isn’t enjoyable. Its repetitive doing the same fights for months on end. It’s boring and annoying at best. 30 minute Timers would at least make it less annoying.

Oh please. It’s not as though if timers were reduced to 30 mins people do not have to excuse themselves from various things. It’s just going to be the same thing, over and over again.

From a Kabam perspective, it’s very simple. AQ rewards commitment. That’s why you need to login more regularly compared to AW.

AW rewards skill, which is why deaths matter, and the amount of energy you get compared to the number of nodes you need to move has such a huge disparity.

If you find the need to commit a hassle and chore, then you might want to reconsider the maps you’re doing.
    Kabam often over does things, its obvious, you act like they know exactly everything they did lol. Actually they dont know, they know very little about their own game, that is why we have to tell them to do thing right.

Of course thinking outside of the box is difficult so many people support Kabam until Kabam change their game lol. How many time it happened in the past? From 6.2, act 6 rewards, Abyss rewards, everthing proved one thing that community like us - not you - knows it better.
    edited May 2020

_ASDF_ said:

Even if you are tagged every hour, i believe they will be more forgiving if you decide not to answer the tag right away since with 30 min timers there is a much larger window to move and therefore more room for error.
    Sorry, not going to play my game and put my position at risk because you believe something about someone you don’t know.
    arsjum said:

Have you ever considered the possibility of those "some people" forming their own alliances or battle groups?
    What if 15 people in one alliance want to finish the AQ as soon as possible, and the other 15 people can't log in every 2.5 hours?

arsjum said:

What if 15 people in one alliance want to finish the AQ as soon as possible, and the other 15 people can't log in every 2.5 hours?
    Then both sides need to do their part. The first group need to be in branding if the 2nd group's situation and not pursue them to move immediately. Vice versa, the 2nd group need to communicate their situation well and let the group know when they are free to move again, so that everyone knows what time to move.

_ASDF_ said:

Sorry, not going to play my game and put my position at risk because you believe something about someone you don’t know.
    I agree with you. What I mean is that even if you are to busy to move immediately, all you have to do is let your team know you are busy, I'm sure your teammates will be more understanding since they have a bigger room of error to explore the map.
    edited May 2020

arsjum said:

Then both sides need to do their part. The first group need to be in branding if the 2nd group's situation and not pursue them to move immediately. Vice versa, the 2nd group need to communicate their situation well and let the group know when they are free to move again, so that everyone knows what time to move.

_ASDF_ said:

I agree with you. What I mean is that even if you are to busy to move immediately, all you have to do is let your team know you are busy, I'm sure your teammates will be more understanding since they have a bigger room of error to explore the map.
    Again, I am not willing to play my game and risk my position based on a belief you had a moment ago but are sure of now, when you don’t actually know and have no say in my alliance.

I appreciate one hour timers, they give me a guaranteed break from AQ that gives me long periods of time where I will neither be perceived to be holding others up nor actually holding them up.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    To all those talking about AQ being teamwork and coordination and whatnot, if you tell us that we should step down because our alliance wants us to stay up to clear a node or we can't login due to emergencies and we should communicate, maybe you should consider switching alliances if you feel your alliance is one of those stupid ones forcing people to move more during 30 minute timers.
    Doesn't only work your way.
    If AQ is about teamwork and coordination, maybe you should talk to your alliance about not kicking if you don't clear faster.