**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Act 6 Changes

Comments

• DJMNHDJMNH Posts: 719 ★★★
    edited May 2020

Yes, Act 6 is being looked at, but we don't know how just yet. I know we're going to get. a lot of feedback here, so I should let you know that first and foremost, we're looking at The Champion 6.2.6 Boss.

We want him to remain a difficult fight, but with Book 2 on the Horizon (no established date), and the overwhelmingly positive reception of the Grandmaster fight, we know that we need to go back and take a look at this fight.

Before anybody asks, I don't have any more info on the fight, or if there would be compensation.

Iam a very avg player.. couple of days back I finished Road to Labrinth and decided to continue with cavalier thing, which I had left past one month.. due to it being tough for me atleast.

I even tagged all big names on Twitter for an idea or help on how to encounter with 6.1.2 Sentinel and Ultron, but to my sad none of them even bothered to reply be it Dork, Saetin, Unofficial Kabam mike etc, honestly no offense, must be personal choice..

I don't have corvus, but got Medusa, quake i still haven't mastered. So kind of worried how will I cope up with BIOHAZARD node..

the champs in the list below are the only good champs I got, others being Yellow jacket, ironmanorignal, kk, BP original, falcon, raccoon, and many many more, so you can lay advice from the ones below

I do find it tough, node are insane.. right now this is my current status..

I know lot of people will hit up disagree , but this purely my thought. @Kabam Miike your thoughts and idea on it..

• @DJMNH If you lack a champ that's dual immune, expect some headaches vs that Sentinel. Theoretically you could do it with any Bleed immune champ, but that would require a conscious effort to not swing into the Sentinel's block. Burst damage is gonna be necessary if you can't shut the Arc Overload down.

Personally, I used my 6* Nebula for both Sentinel & Ultron. If you have her and Proxima, you'll enter the fight with 10 stored Shock Charges, immediately reducing each of their Ability Accuracy by over 100% (20% AAR on Bots per stored Shock Charge). Personally, I lack a 5/6* Proxima so I had to manually build up the Shock Charges before really starting in on them. Kills the Arc Overload regen and allows you to beat him down with relative ease.

High sig CAIW with a Tech champ on your team and a couple points in the Despair Mastery. Parry over and over until you get 4+ Petrify Debuffs on Sentinel, and watch the Arc Overload eat him alive. Same with Void, but requires a LOT of dancing around to get FOTV up and the rest. Probably die before you get that far.

It would help to see the rest of your roster if better help is to be provided. Your current lineup pictured probably won't work. Medusa would be your best bet for a Suicide method. Load up those Armor Breaks to get Armor Shatter and goto town until the Bleed from Biohazard kills you. Rinse, repeat until dead. Or really practice with Quake until you can Shake him into oblivion.

@DJMNH If you lack a champ that's dual immune, expect some headaches vs that Sentinel. Theoretically you could do it with any Bleed immune champ, but that would require a conscious effort to not swing into the Sentinel's block. Burst damage is gonna be necessary if you can't shut the Arc Overload down.

Personally, I used my 6* Nebula for both Sentinel & Ultron. If you have her and Proxima, you'll enter the fight with 10 stored Shock Charges, immediately reducing each of their Ability Accuracy by over 100% (20% AAR on Bots per stored Shock Charge). Personally, I lack a 5/6* Proxima so I had to manually build up the Shock Charges before really starting in on them. Kills the Arc Overload regen and allows you to beat him down with relative ease.

High sig CAIW with a Tech champ on your team and a couple points in the Despair Mastery. Parry over and over until you get 4+ Petrify Debuffs on Sentinel, and watch the Arc Overload eat him alive. Same with Void, but requires a LOT of dancing around to get FOTV up and the rest. Probably die before you get that far.

It would help to see the rest of your roster if better help is to be provided. Your current lineup pictured probably won't work. Medusa would be your best bet for a Suicide method. Load up those Armor Breaks to get Armor Shatter and goto town until the Bleed from Biohazard kills you. Rinse, repeat until dead. Or really practice with Quake until you can Shake him into oblivion.

Sir I got lucky to be honest I did it in my 2nd attempt with quake, I don't no how, but I did it.. however I find there is a bug in the game.. Biohazard says when struck I will have 20% chance to get bleed stacks ?? But here sentinel didn't even hit me on my block or normally still I got bleed how ??? I have a video recorded..
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    When you hit him, 20% chance to bleed.
    xNig said:

When you hit him, 20% chance to bleed.

So what's the solution in Biohazard as I will get another one in 6.1.5, how do I finish him of without even hitting.. during sentinel fight I just used one combo and I immediately got 5 stacks of bleed.. so I was like is it 20% or 80-90%.. but what's the solution for Biohazard
  • TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Posts: 731 ★★★
    Hieitaku said:

To share my very recent experience, I went for 6.2.2 after being told to try the Warlock+Ultron synergy. Did 6.2.3-5 soon after. Feeling good, I went for an unexpected itemless initial run (until before the boss) in 6.2.6. After I got to the lower 30% of The Champion's hp, everything went downhill. The excellent runs I had in the earlier maps gave me hope. And then, all my saved potions and heals, gone. The farthest I got was two Indestructible charges before dying to block damage. Now I know the feeling of everyone else who did that fight. Not wanting to spend on units that will probably also vanish into nothingness, I quit out - partially with the hope of seeing this indescribable fight get fixed soon.

*Another One Bites The Dust plays*

If you haven't spend any units in this fight, you dont know how everyone else feels.
  • HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,366 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020

Hieitaku said:

To share my very recent experience, I went for 6.2.2 after being told to try the Warlock+Ultron synergy. Did 6.2.3-5 soon after. Feeling good, I went for an unexpected itemless initial run (until before the boss) in 6.2.6. After I got to the lower 30% of The Champion's hp, everything went downhill. The excellent runs I had in the earlier maps gave me hope. And then, all my saved potions and heals, gone. The farthest I got was two Indestructible charges before dying to block damage. Now I know the feeling of everyone else who did that fight. Not wanting to spend on units that will probably also vanish into nothingness, I quit out - partially with the hope of seeing this indescribable fight get fixed soon.

*Another One Bites The Dust plays*

If you haven't spend any units in this fight, you dont know how everyone else feels.
    I did. About a thousand units worth of 40% revives and then several previously purchased 60% revives.
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    xNig said:

Lvernon15 said:

Haji_Saab said:

They should only review the bosses so people can enjoy the story. Nerfing the content will only deprive players of any challenging content in the game. Some people just want parry/smash content but for others, please keep up the challenge.

Not having done it yet, I can't say from experience, but the majority of what I've heard is about Sinister and The Champion. I'd say I would have to agree.
    Major bosses are the big problem, sinister darkhawk champion being the big 3, but some paths and nodes are problems, acid wash mysterio do you bleed rogue Emma frost diss track rogue to name a few, I’d like to see a 10-20% reduction in attacks but bosses and a small amount of problem encounters and paths are the main things
    Acid Wash Mysterio, yes. Only viable counter is Man Thing for now.

Do You Bleed Rogue/EF is fine. Just longer fights.

Diss Track Rogue is fine too. Just need to get debuffs on that doesn’t have timers.
    Of all the people in the forums, I thought you'd be the last person to make that claim.

https://youtu.be/_BvQlNcqNEk

And this:

https://youtu.be/OdK5biTQUhY

You are welcome. :)
    DJMNH said:

Yes, Act 6 is being looked at, but we don't know how just yet. I know we're going to get. a lot of feedback here, so I should let you know that first and foremost, we're looking at The Champion 6.2.6 Boss.

We want him to remain a difficult fight, but with Book 2 on the Horizon (no established date), and the overwhelmingly positive reception of the Grandmaster fight, we know that we need to go back and take a look at this fight.

Before anybody asks, I don't have any more info on the fight, or if there would be compensation.

Iam a very avg player.. couple of days back I finished Road to Labrinth and decided to continue with cavalier thing, which I had left past one month.. due to it being tough for me atleast.

I even tagged all big names on Twitter for an idea or help on how to encounter with 6.1.2 Sentinel and Ultron, but to my sad none of them even bothered to reply be it Dork, Saetin, Unofficial Kabam mike etc, honestly no offense, must be personal choice..

I don't have corvus, but got Medusa, quake i still haven't mastered. So kind of worried how will I cope up with BIOHAZARD node..

the champs in the list below are the only good champs I got, others being Yellow jacket, ironmanorignal, kk, BP original, falcon, raccoon, and many many more, so you can lay advice from the ones below

I do find it tough, node are insane.. right now this is my current status..

I know lot of people will hit up disagree , but this purely my thought. @Kabam Miike your thoughts and idea on it..

Watch this:

https://youtu.be/Wq2-dscM8CM

I had both willpower and coagulate maxed though.
  • Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 644 ★★★★

@Madman_marvin I have crossbones. Did you do it with your crossbones unduped please let me know and how many revives did it cost you so I can plan ahead and which rank was he + if you run suicides.

@Aomine_Daiki10 mine was unduped at the time, only at 3/45, no suicides, and probably 12 20% revives stashed, and I had attack and champ boost.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,609 ★★★★★
    @Madman_marvin thanks a lot will grind arena for some units and rank him up. Then give it a try
  • Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 644 ★★★★
    xNig said:

I am not sure what you guys are looking into it, but here is what I think.
    • The champion is hard certainly and he is supposed to. We are talking about Act 6.
    • Those who complain it about being impossible to beat, no he is not impossible. You need certain champs, though. e.g. First 90% is easy enough with Symbiote Supreme, Black Widow CV, Sorcerer Supreme, She Hulk, Doom etc.. You need little skill and if you don't, you gotta practice.
    • Those who complain about last 10%, again you need specific champions. Thing makes the fight cheese (https://youtu.be/2NF_i8dbO7g). It's also easy with Captain America IW, Symbiote Supreme, She hulk, Sorcerer Supreme and there are more champs to have some skill
    • What I would really complain is the class gates. The class gates need to be removed and narrow it to 2 rather than 4
    • Another complaint is the reward. Considering the Difficulty in Act 6.2 with those ridiculous gates, The Champion Boss, Damn! Mordo Boss, More paths compared to 6.3, the rewards are like a drop in the ocean
    Conclusion: People should not mind the difficulty as there are summoners with skills who even soloed him. It's not just one but many persons soloed. Hard chapters should really need skill TBH. You guys just need to buff up the rewards. It's not too hard to do, but you guys keep taking months to do a simple thing that's one of the major reason Summoners hate Kabam.
    I’ve completed Act 6 and did so without a huge amount of spending, but I have to disagree with you. The final 10% of the Champion fight is not well designed due to the detection of your dexterity dodges. The window to get in the dex proc is so small that it makes it more of a pain than anything.

Luckily, I had CapIW and Sym Supreme. I got him down to 10% quickly. However after dying multiple times from trying to get dexterity to proc even when fighting perfectly, I decided the best course of action was a cheese method. I healed Cap to full, max boosted health, just ate block damage from first hits of L1, then dexxed last part. I got screwed by the bug first time after hitting him with L3, but the second time it took.

I consider myself a fairly skilled player, but that fight due to the last 10% is not fun. Couple that with the other gates in 6.2 and it is just a pain. I have no intention of exploring Act 6 right now strictly due to the poor design of certain fights and nodes.

edited May 2020
    arsjum said:

xNig said:

Lvernon15 said:

Haji_Saab said:

They should only review the bosses so people can enjoy the story. Nerfing the content will only deprive players of any challenging content in the game. Some people just want parry/smash content but for others, please keep up the challenge.

Not having done it yet, I can't say from experience, but the majority of what I've heard is about Sinister and The Champion. I'd say I would have to agree.
    Major bosses are the big problem, sinister darkhawk champion being the big 3, but some paths and nodes are problems, acid wash mysterio do you bleed rogue Emma frost diss track rogue to name a few, I’d like to see a 10-20% reduction in attacks but bosses and a small amount of problem encounters and paths are the main things

Diss Track Rogue is fine too. Just need to get debuffs on that doesn’t have timers.
    Of all the people in the forums, I thought you'd be the last person to make that claim.

And this:

Haha yeah it’s doable with others. I took him down with Blade + GR. The sheer length of it without MT/KG is punishing. Doable, but punishing.
    Knation said:

arsjum said:

xNig said:

Lvernon15 said:

Haji_Saab said:

And this:

VIABLE counter it’s act 6 not abyss or lol shouldn’t be a 10 minute fight especially with 2 of the highest danage dealers
    I agree with you but xNig apparently doesn't have any problems with long fights. See his comment about Rogue fight. :)
  • DJMNH said:

@DJMNH If you lack a champ that's dual immune, expect some headaches vs that Sentinel. Theoretically you could do it with any Bleed immune champ, but that would require a conscious effort to not swing into the Sentinel's block. Burst damage is gonna be necessary if you can't shut the Arc Overload down.

Sir I got lucky to be honest I did it in my 2nd attempt with quake, I don't no how, but I did it.. however I find there is a bug in the game.. Biohazard says when struck I will have 20% chance to get bleed stacks ?? But here sentinel didn't even hit me on my block or normally still I got bleed how ??? I have a video recorded..
    @DJMNH 1st paragraph of my initial reply basically broke it down. However, let's bring clarity to the why. You seemed to be under the impression when you get hit Biohazard triggers. It's the other way around. When you see Biohazard, it triggers when you hit the opponent. You have a 20% chance of gaining a Bleed Debuff with any landed strike, and a 50% chance of gaining a Poison Debuff when striking into the opponent's block.

So that's why theoretically one can do Biohazard with a champ that's just Bleed Immune if you avoid striking into the block. Dual Immune is the best bet though as that will allow you freedom to do the quick triple tap into their block to bait out a special if necessary. Glad you got him down with Quake though!!! Nice. There's also champs that have Ability Accuracy Reduction that could help avoid the Bleed. Which is why Medusa could work if you get that Armor Shatter up with a quickness. Although it's risky business.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

Yeah, they really tightened the window. Try fighting the champion On a buffet node in AW and I bet it’s much easier to trigger dex on his specials. The design of the fight isn’t horrible overall but the implementation of the idea into playable content is a big fail in my opinion.

That's the thing, there were many times when I was doing that fight during exploration that I would trigger dexterity on his sp1 but not get the prowess charge.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ZverceZverce Posts: 76

I already spent too much units on that fight.. if you are changing then it is better to wait???? Hope you can answer...
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★

Also We can’t forget about the systematic shutdown of every counter or cheese. She hulk, thing (still works but much much harder and that’s an entirely new post) bwcv and now MS. It’s been around a year, there should be more than 3-5 counters. It goes back to not being able to acquire decent champions...waiting two years for a character gives people no reason to push themselves or get into the game.

He had more counters than that. Doom And SS make him Very easy.

I did the no retreat champion with aegon.. basically cheating.. took 2 20% revives to get him to 10% and then finish with Capiw. At 550 combo straight into heavy and smash him before dying And do 150k damage in 20 odd hits.

All about using what champs u got to counter the content.
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    I have managed to push through to 6.4.1 as of yesterday. It’s been brutal. I’ve played this for over 5 years now and I have never felt this way about a piece of content. It’s just not enjoyable. It’s not designed well. DNA3000 made a huge excellent point about the story content not progressing at the correct scale and it’s so apparent. I’m having to dump huge amounts of resources into getting just a one path completion for the majority of act 6, and have zero intention of ever doing exploration on any of it.

I’m glad the moderators have seen and acknowledged that the champion fight is bad, and needs to be changed, but it’s the entirety of the act itself that’s the problem. I’m not sure when the motivation changed from fun and interactive to punishing and sadistic, but it’s so obvious when you’re comparing act 5 and 6. And it’s even more apparent when the same game team absolutely NAILS good content like the variants. That’s what is most frustrating - they’re capable of making great fun and challenging content, so why did we end up with an entire act that the majority of the player base hates and doesn’t want to do?

I really hope some soul searching is happening over there because it’s clear to me the disconnect from the player base happened a long time ago and I’m not sure it’s able to be repaired. We will see with the rest of the announcements coming I guess, but it’s sad that we yet again have to have a huge uprising in the community before those in charge decide to pay attention.
  • Kappa2gKappa2g Posts: 265 ★★★
    Probably stated many times already but the 6.2.6 Champion fight and 6.4 grandmaster fight were designed to be tests of players' skill but its very obvious which one of those has more positive feedback and a much greater sense of "I did it" when completing it.

Hopefully lessons learnt from designing the Grandmaster fight can be used to tweak and improve the atrocious Champion fight.