**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

If you want to fix AQ. Lower the timers to 30 minutes!!

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    GOTG said:

xNig said:

Timone147 said:

But why? Why is 30 minute timers a stretch? Still haven’t gotten a single good reason for why it is a bad thing. More of bad hypotheticals. Why does it have to be a time stretch to finish? Why do people have to find reasons to excuse themselves from various things(work/family/get together) to move at bad times because they don’t have the freedom to move when they had the chance?

Give one good reason why It can’t work and fit into free time in our personal lives better. Why can’t we have that flexibility and use it as we want? Why do alliances who are a capable of map 6/7 have to go for map 5 because they can’t commit to the time requirement of every 5-7 hour logins. Why does it have to be so painful? I have to use the same amount of energy either way so why can’t we have flexibility of when it fits into our lives? Why can we not have to wake up to play a mobile game in the middle of the night because something real happened in someone’s life outside a game?

And the fact is the only communication for AQ occurs outside the game makes the communication argument hard. The game doesn’t even have the right means of communicating in the fashion AQ needs you too from a coordination and set up standpoint.

Finally AQ is the chore we have to do for rewards. It isn’t enjoyable. Its repetitive doing the same fights for months on end. It’s boring and annoying at best. 30 minute Timers would at least make it less annoying.

Oh please. It’s not as though if timers were reduced to 30 mins people do not have to excuse themselves from various things. It’s just going to be the same thing, over and over again.

From a Kabam perspective, it’s very simple. AQ rewards commitment. That’s why you need to login more regularly compared to AW.

AW rewards skill, which is why deaths matter, and the amount of energy you get compared to the number of nodes you need to move has such a huge disparity.

If you find the need to commit a hassle and chore, then you might want to reconsider the maps you’re doing.
    Kabam often over does things, its obvious, you act like they know exactly everything they did lol. Actually they dont know, they know very little about their own game, that is why we have to tell them to do thing right.

Of course thinking outside of the box is difficult so many people support Kabam until Kabam change their game lol. How many time it happened in the past? From 6.2, act 6 rewards, Abyss rewards, everthing proved one thing that community like us - not you - knows it better.
    Lol. The developers actually know their game pretty well, it’s just not properly communicated. Being part of the entire A6 beta, I believe I’m more experienced in being in contact with the entire dev team than you.

Yeah.. like the majority of you guys voted 💁🏻‍♂️ lol
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    xNig said:

GOTG said:

xNig said:

Timone147 said:

But why? Why is 30 minute timers a stretch? Still haven’t gotten a single good reason for why it is a bad thing. More of bad hypotheticals. Why does it have to be a time stretch to finish? Why do people have to find reasons to excuse themselves from various things(work/family/get together) to move at bad times because they don’t have the freedom to move when they had the chance?

Give one good reason why It can’t work and fit into free time in our personal lives better. Why can’t we have that flexibility and use it as we want? Why do alliances who are a capable of map 6/7 have to go for map 5 because they can’t commit to the time requirement of every 5-7 hour logins. Why does it have to be so painful? I have to use the same amount of energy either way so why can’t we have flexibility of when it fits into our lives? Why can we not have to wake up to play a mobile game in the middle of the night because something real happened in someone’s life outside a game?

And the fact is the only communication for AQ occurs outside the game makes the communication argument hard. The game doesn’t even have the right means of communicating in the fashion AQ needs you too from a coordination and set up standpoint.

Finally AQ is the chore we have to do for rewards. It isn’t enjoyable. Its repetitive doing the same fights for months on end. It’s boring and annoying at best. 30 minute Timers would at least make it less annoying.

Oh please. It’s not as though if timers were reduced to 30 mins people do not have to excuse themselves from various things. It’s just going to be the same thing, over and over again.

From a Kabam perspective, it’s very simple. AQ rewards commitment. That’s why you need to login more regularly compared to AW.

AW rewards skill, which is why deaths matter, and the amount of energy you get compared to the number of nodes you need to move has such a huge disparity.

If you find the need to commit a hassle and chore, then you might want to reconsider the maps you’re doing.
    Kabam often over does things, its obvious, you act like they know exactly everything they did lol. Actually they dont know, they know very little about their own game, that is why we have to tell them to do thing right.

Of course thinking outside of the box is difficult so many people support Kabam until Kabam change their game lol. How many time it happened in the past? From 6.2, act 6 rewards, Abyss rewards, everthing proved one thing that community like us - not you - knows it better.
    Lol. The developers actually know their game pretty well, it’s just not properly communicated. Being part of the entire A6 beta, I believe I’m more experienced in being in contact with the entire dev team than you.

Haha. How proud are you. Thanks for your participation Act 6 is a complete sht show.

Kabam should choose their people better. But we know they can't.
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    All they’ll do is lengthen the map if they reduce the time of energy
    GOTG said:

xNig said:

GOTG said:

xNig said:

Timone147 said:

Haha. How proud are you. Thanks for your participation Act 6 is a complete sht show.

Kabam should choose their people better. But we know they can't.
    I smell vinegar in the air..
  • Blaker78Blaker78 Posts: 133
    yes they are free
  • YeahReallyYeahReally Posts: 54
    edited May 2020
    _ASDF_ said:

Some people might want for the whole alliance to finish the AQ in the first 10-12 hours, because they have something to do later in the day, or they want to get their champions back, or something else
    This won't happen in every alliance, but I am sure it will happen in the majority of alliances

That’s literally the most insane thing anyone’s said so far. Congrats. It makes no sense and would be completely unrealistic. It’s fun to make up fantasy stories. You should write them down. Turn them into a book.
    So it's unrealistic because it won't happen in your alliance?
    And if I had to guess, I would say that you think the world revolves around you
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,577 ★★★★
    edited May 2020
    Holy hell this community can turn toxic very fast when opinions are different. I mean seriously the 2nd comment on the thread goes straight at OP for his photoshop skills, or everyone is a tech genius you know
  • beaupoembeaupoem Posts: 443
    so... @hellrazurrr instead of logging in every 1-2 hrs for 5 days straight (which it doesn't need to be) you want to log in every 30 min for 12 hrs at a time instead? i feel like you need to manage your time a bit better. i log in once at lunch time, once after work, once at bedtime and because of time zones AQ is almost always already 100% by the time i wake up if it's map 5 or has just 2 nodes remaining (my lane) if it's map 6.

we usually tag our teammates once they're clear just to let them know, not to rush them. and if someone is going to be unavailable, they let the bg know. all of us are working adults and it's never been a problem. it's all about communication

i'm not saying 30 min timers isn't nice to have. just unnecessary if your alliance is doing things right. if you feel like you HAVE to log in and move every time you have that next energy, then 30 min timers would make you log in more often, not less.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Timone147 said:

Last point I'm going to put here.

The point about timers being made is clearly being ignored. The point is that the timers fix an inherent design issue with the game mode and really the game I'm general. The tightness of the game mode on people daily schedule is a design issue. The problem is not the timers in its entirety but the demand that the game mode places on the player. You could solve the same issue by reducing the number of nodes technically.

The whole "well if they increase the timers then they'll increase the map size" argument is tone deaf to this point and really it's a just a bad argument avoiding the crux of the issue. The point is that the current node to time ratio is off and needs to be fixed so the game is not life. That argument basically ignores intent to try and hold it off and is a bad one.

The point I'm making from a person who has played this game since shortly after it launched is maybe just maybe this whole issue of tight time limits on AQ isnt needed for the game mode and doesn't bring anything. And truth is it wasnt this bad but has gotten worse with every map iteration. Doesnt need to be this way to still be competitive. And I dont think this beings anything to the game mode.

Challenge yourself to why is it really needed and what does it really do. The coordination these days is created by map design and planning node counters. Does time constraints really increase communication or challenge when you doing the same path every time and really know pretty much exactly when someone is going to login... except when there is a work emergency or life emergency. Its just fixes when you need to login. Why would allowing people the flexibility to play the game mode more at their leisure or let people who cant play the map 6/map 7 now due to time committment play the game mode that would actually make them try a little.

Is it the challenge of having more people to compete with maybe?

Probably one of the better worded responses. However, the map size argument is not tone deaf. It is tone deaf if you word things the way you are, but not everyone is like that. They have stated map size is designed to work with the energy timer.

A lot of people are saying shorter timers. Thats it. make it go quicker so it can be done in 12 hours. This is not their goal. Their goal is to keep you logging in constantly. I would be welcome to a modification of this in either direction, that leads to everyone logging in less times per day JUST for AQ. Maybe I would play more arena, or content, or incursions.

To your point that it keeps getting worse with every map iteration - This is their goal. They have stated several times that they dont just want to keep increasing PI and make things more difficult that way. So they have to find other ways to cause stress and complexity. Their way of doing that is what we have today with map 7. need 10 reliable people all active around the same time, with short movements until multiple people are ready. I dont agree with this, but its what their goal was. Unfortunately we cant change their original goal. What we can do it hopefully guide it and give feedback. (ignoring other measures for now)

"Does time constraints really increase communication or challenge when you doing the same path every time and really know pretty much exactly when someone is going to login" I am kind of with you on this, but it does increase the challenge in alliances that have more turnaround. Ive been between a few alliances, and due to having to change routes for one person, we've had a cascade of change across 5-6-7 people.

I am with you, I would really like a change, but to your point you did make, some arguments without substance are a little tone deaf. Just asking for 30 minute timers would not change much. The game mode could use more of an overhaul.
  • XniggXnigg Posts: 12
    All our alliance mate agree to 30 minutes timer And can provide flexibility to us . Those who said what time management .. bla bla .. stupid .. one hour time is better .. stupid
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    edited May 2020
    Fair points as I know this doesnt fit their game design and their goals.

See but the whole point right now is we arent happy with their goals. Thier goals are causing people to he unhappy. Thier decisions are making the game not fun.

That is the point of pushing against this stuff and the point of the feedback. If we domt like the direction of the game hence the feedback. I am saying these things because the current goals arent fitting with the game I want to play. Yes they can make their decisions and that will make me make mine. The whole point of me coming here and making these posts is because I dong like the design and direction this game mode is going.
    @Timone147 I am 100% with you and not saying your points arent valid. I am saying comments like the one above yours are counterintuitive.
  • UvealfireUvealfire Posts: 14
    While I am only casual with this game mostly because I generally have 12-hour workdays for either 5 or 6 days a week, I can compare it to another game I used to play where I was in the #1 alliance. It was slightly different as there were 50 members in alliances instead of 30, but it was very similar. There was regular CP (sort of like quest energy) and there were fights against mostly PVE unless you were in an active war then it was PVP (somewhat rare). We had to login every 10 hours to avoid being locked on CP (there were options to purchase extensions) and there were cooldown timers on moves, typically 6-12 hours. We would coordinate the PVE fights once per day with about 6 different groups to make sure we accomodated for different times zones as nearly every top alliance had at least 5 different zones. The AQ quests are too long, pure and simple. Yes, there are people that can complete them, but for the majority we are restricted to the map we are on simply because of time. I play AQ map 2 or 3 simply because I cannot reasonably log on at work (12 hour shift as mentioned). It's certainly not because of skill, I bring in 5 star rank 5 champions to make light work of it. Alliance quests should not take more than 12 hours and that is simply to accomodate for time zones. This content is very poorly designed as is not really about coordination, it's about trying to schedule Marvel Contest of Champions around your life schedule which should never happen in any video game. The fact that anyone has to log on while at work (most people that's 8-12 hours) or while sleeping (6-8) is absurd. Increase the energy to at least 10 or get rid of it entirely as no one should have to sacrifice work or sleep for a video game.
    Make AQ timers 10 seconds and keep the map the same.

(If you feel that the above suggestion stupid, that’s exactly how those that think shortening the timers to 30 mins feel.)
  • UvealfireUvealfire Posts: 14
    I would be all for shortening them to 10 seconds or better just removing them altogether. Let alliances coordinate it around their own time just give them 24 hours to complete it. It's really how it should be designed anyhow. Forcing people to play around a 5 hour window is poor game design. If it's about coordinate then allow alliance to put their players on whatever lane they want and move then they have the opportunity.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I can't believe some people are really arguing to keep one hour timers. I been in MCOC long enough to have played an entire week of map 5 30 min timers (map 6 didn't exist at that time.) and it went super smooth and was stress free. Every got done early and you didn't need to tag because your timers were always at 5 it seemed.

Map 7 players have to be super efficient and everyone has to hold our weight. So for all of you who play map 6 and below please keep your hour timers. Most of us would happily take 30 min timers.
    edited May 2020

I can't believe some people are really arguing to keep one hour timers. I been in MCOC long enough to have played an entire week of map 5 30 min timers (map 6 didn't exist at that time.) and it went super smooth and was stress free. Every got done early and you didn't need to tag because your timers were always at 5 it seemed.

Map 7 players have to be super efficient and everyone has to hold our weight. So for all of you who play map 6 and below please keep your hour timers. Most of us would happily take 30 min timers.

At least from my perspective, I am not arguing against 30 minute timers. I am arguing people like you and I have been through a lot of $#!7 in this game, and they have explicitly said if they went to 30 min timers they would change the map. Whatever change gets put in, it needs to be more than just 30 min timers. Are we tired of 9+ paths? that the coordination is more annoying than it is game-building? Lets give this game mode an overhaul
    Primmer79 said:

At least from my perspective, I am not arguing against 30 minute timers. I am arguing people like you and I have been through a lot of $#!7 in this game, and they have explicitly said if they went to 30 min timers they would change the map. Whatever change gets put in, it needs to be more than just 30 min timers. Are we tired of 9+ paths? that the coordination is more annoying than it is game-building? Lets give this game mode an overhaul
    If they change to 30 min timers and create map 8 with double the length I just wouldn't play it at that point. So making up an artificial map that doesn't exist is just time waster. We can't get changes after 2 to 3 years and you think Kabam will make a new map with double the length? lol

We already know 30 min timers exist, its an easy fix. If people get tagged more but get done 10-12 hours earlier than so be it. Find a new alliance that is more relaxed if you don't like getting tagged. At least people will be able to sleep and not have to set alarms to play AQ. I find the arguments against 30 min timers offensive at this point and completely unreasonable.

Primmer79 said:

If they change to 30 min timers and create map 8 with double the length I just wouldn't play it at that point. So making up an artificial map that doesn't exist is just time waster. We can't get changes after 2 to 3 years and you think Kabam will make a new map with double the length? lol

We already know 30 min timers exist, its an easy fix. If people get tagged more but get done 10-12 hours earlier than so be it. Find a new alliance that is more relaxed if you don't like getting tagged. At least people will be able to sleep and not have to set alarms to play AQ. I find the arguments against 30 min timers offensive at this point and completely unreasonable.
    Except I am not making that up at all. Miike has said that would likely be the result. So what you are saying is equivalent to "map 6 is too much with hour timers, so I will do map 5"

So do it.

I would like a whole overhaul where we are not relying on energy and coordination to finish.
    Primmer79 said:

Primmer79 said:

Except I am not making that up at all. Miike has said that would likely be the result. So what you are saying is equivalent to "map 6 is too much with hour timers, so I will do map 5"

So do it.

I would like a whole overhaul where we are not relying on energy and coordination to finish.
    I'm too skilled for map 5, and map 6 so no I won't just do it. I can do one hour timers but 30 mins would go a long way in improving AQ.

I'm not against a whole overhaul though but I would have to see what the overhaul looks like first before I say that's the best route.

Primmer79 said:

Primmer79 said:

So do it.

I'm too skilled for map 5, and map 6 so no I won't just do it. I can do one hour timers but 30 mins would go a long way in improving AQ.

I'm not against a whole overhaul though but I would have to see what the overhaul looks like first before I say that's the best route.
    that's my viewpoint. whenever they have talked about 30 minute timers EVER being a possibility, they insist that was how the map was designed and they would likely lengthen it. So again, I am not trying to be unreasonable, but push for more change that may not backfire on us.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020

Primmer79 said:

To play devils advocate here, why don't you find an alliance that doesn't make you set alarms for AQ? i've never had to set an alarm for AQ and when we run map 7, we're done with 4-5 hours to spare in very instance of map 7 ive done in the past and my current experience.

Primmer79 said:

To play devils advocate here, why don't you find an alliance that doesn't make you set alarms for AQ? i've never had to set an alarm for AQ and when we run map 7, we're done with 4-5 hours to spare in very instance of map 7 ive done in the past and my current experience.
    I don't have to set alarms for AQ personally, I'm an alliance leader so if I wanted to run a different map I could actually just do that myself or I could recruit people that don't need alarms. So your solution for the guys that have to set alarms in my alliance is that I say screw them correct? Well I'll choose to present a solution that works for us.

Why don't I suggest this instead. How about the alliance leader select one hour or 30 mins timers for the week of AQ. You can stay with an hour and my alliance will gratefully tag each other with 30 min timers and get done with 12 hours to spare. See how that works?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Our Leader is in Australia, as are a couple more Members. I doubt they would appreciate logging on to the majority being done, and the rest of us aren't about to wait up all night to play AQ. We're also not going to split up and find Allies based on location just because some people want to finish faster, and still wait 24 hours for the next regardless.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020

Primmer79 said:

I don't have to set alarms for AQ personally, I'm an alliance leader so if I wanted to run a different map I could actually just do that myself or I could recruit people that don't need alarms. So your solution for the guys that have to set alarms in my alliance is that I say screw them correct? Well I'll choose to present a solution that works for us.

Why don't I suggest this instead. How about the alliance leader select one hour or 30 mins timers for the week of AQ. You can stay with an hour and my alliance will gratefully tag each other with 30 min timers and get done with 12 hours to spare. See how that works?
    Your solution for anyone that doesn't want to get tagged leave their alliance even if that means they might of been with them for years. So if those who would be screwed by that, why can't I suggest something that would screw your members equally.

I'm not really against the 30 min timers as a concept, I'm against the pressure can put on people to move more often. Whether it's map 7 or 6, we've not had any issues for years on finishing a map on time. It's just my opinion.

Primmer79 said:

Your solution for anyone that doesn't want to get tagged leave their alliance even if that means they might of been with them for years. So if those who would be screwed by that, why can't I suggest something that would screw your members equally.

I'm not really against the 30 min timers as a concept, I'm against the pressure can put on people to move more often. Whether it's map 7 or 6, we've not had any issues for years on finishing a map on time. It's just my opinion.
    If you have issues with getting tagged running map 7 absolutely you should leave your alliance. Now if you're badgering someone to the point that it is unreasonable I wouldn't allow that either. Personally, I don't get mad when I get tagged I hop on and clear my lane. This tag pressure to me makes no sense. Now if you're gone for a large amount of time you should communicate that of course. My suggestion still stands, you can keep your 1 hour timers and guys that are super efficient like myself will get it done 12 hours earlier with no issues if the 30 min hours timer was made optional.