**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Do some characters have tighter parry windows than others?

spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
Legit question here, just wondering if anyone has the same experience.

I find myself missing parries more often with BWCV and Sunspot more than I do CAIW or Corvus for example.

Wondering if the parry window is exactly the same for every character or not?

It could very well be (and I’m ready to accept) that those are just newer additions to my roster and I’m just not as experienced with them, but just wanted to know.

Comments

• Dr_Z01dbergDr_Z01dberg Posts: 512 ★★★

Legit question here, just wondering if anyone has the same experience.

I find myself missing parries more often with BWCV and Sunspot more than I do CAIW or Corvus for example.

Wondering if the parry window is exactly the same for every character or not?

It could very well be (and I’m ready to accept) that those are just newer additions to my roster and I’m just not as experienced with them, but just wanted to know.

Ok it’s not just me with sunspot then! Always thought there is something slightly off with his parry timing
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    It could also be you think the hit occurs before it does. Like Magneto. If I’m on my game and I’m patient, I get parries all the time, but if I time it like I would for someone like SL, I will miss the parry since Mags dash attack comes out later than others’
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    Absolutely it's different. Usually it's not that noticable between champs but some stand out like the before mentioned Sunspot and Namor seems off more to me than any others. Drives me nuts. Over time you'll adapt but still frustrating.
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★

Absolutely it's different. Usually it's not that noticable between champs but some stand out like the before mentioned Sunspot and Namor seems off more to me than any others. Drives me nuts. Over time you'll adapt but still frustrating.

Namor is another good example. Sunspot seems like he has the tightest window to me, but I’ve also noticed that every champ I have this problem with has added animation. Namor’s waves, Sunspot’s flames, SymSup’s cape, Claire’s magic shield.

Maybe I’m just focusing on the wrong part of the champ, maybe the window is tighter, or maybe the animation on those things is impacting when I actually hit block.

• SlayerzzSlayerzz Posts: 399
    For me whenever I use Darkhawk and Sunspot I get more parries. Especially with sunspot whenever I plan to dex and miss it(do it a little late) instead of dex I get a party.
  • SlayerzzSlayerzz Posts: 399
    *parry
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    Damn this is making me not want to r2 my 6* sunspot now lol
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,577 ★★★★
    Champions like Luke cage and iceman have slightly strange 2nd mediums which take longer than th. Also the way you play sunspot is very heavy/special oriented. I think it’s the fact that these attacks knock the opponent back further but you’re used to them being closer, and so you mess up the parry by a split second
  • PrentexPrentex Posts: 275
    I noticed that with some champs it is different depending if you do MLLLM or MLLLL. With SL for example land more parries if i do MLLLL combos; when i do MLLLM the timing is a little bit different and i miss the parry quite often. Ther are champs though where it is the other way around. I guess with time i got used to it.

Also referring to OP, the timing for parrying a dash is not the same with every champ, but as others stated this could be because of different animations too, idk
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    I always found it slightly difficult to parry with X-23 and Symbiote Supreme. I still don't know why.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    I miss more parries with Sunspot than any other champ in my roster.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    I think theyd o have different windows based on their animations yes. Eg I have Domino and she's great but I miss more parries with her than I do with my CG, Blade, Warlock. Same with CMM _ i miss more parries with her than with say Quake.