**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The 6* basic crystal. Problem in numbers

TP33TP33 Posts: 1,577 ★★★★
So recently there have been LOTS of complaints about the state of the game. I thought, they can’t be that bad, right? Wrong.

I made a table in which I took ALL of the champions from the 6* basic and put them into 2 categories, useable or good and unuseable and bad. This is the more subjective bit. Some of the champions in the ‘bad’ section do have their uses BUT if you pulled them from a 6* basic crytal you wouldn’t be jumping for joy. Also there are varying degrees of ‘good’ so I sorted the ‘good’ section into 4 categories, R3 (meaning worthy of a rank 3), R2 (meaning worthy of a rank 2), R1/2 (meaning that in some situations this champion is worthy of a rank 2 but others will disagree) and R1 meaning they’re good, and they have utility but you wouldn’t traditionally rank 2 them straight away. Now of course some will disagree and say stuff like “rank up who you enjoy” and “if you have fun with them go for it!” But this thread is targeted towards those who are upset because they want to make rank ups based on numbers and utility.

Wow! That’s a lot of red, and that’s because many champions are just not caught up with the meta. Now the chart also shows us that you have a 1 in 8 chance of getting a very good (R3) champion. That’s not good enough. As stated above the AOL gives you around 6 6*s and using this data that means that even completing the AOL will likely give you trash. This is made worse in act 6 where even less 6*s are given out, why explore it when the data shows that it’s most likely trash anyways?

I put this into a pie chart to show the disparity

Nearly 75% of champions in the basic are just not worth taking up (with some exceptions).

I hope this shows Kabam what they’re doing wrong. Can we have a 2021 where instead of focusing on new champions and content we can fix the old? I wouldn’t mind stopping Act 7 for another year as long as it means that act 6 can be fixed and act 7 will be fun and fair.

Comments

• Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    I don’t see starlord or x23 in my 6* crystals.. so u must be be playing different game anyways
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Interesting chart, even though useable versus unusable is strictly opinion based.

Would the result be similar for the basic 5* pool? More champs there with similar complaints about not pulling enough "usable" champs.
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,577 ★★★★

Interesting chart, even though useable versus unusable is strictly opinion based.

Would the result be similar for the basic 5* pool? More champs there with similar complaints about not pulling enough "usable" champs.

The 5* basic contains FAR more champions and many of them being very good at that. Remember the 6* basic works strangely when it comes to new champions. Doom has been in the 5* for a long time whereas he’s coming to the 6* in a few days time
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    Way too many champs in your unusable list. Some real dumb ones on there, too. More like a “I don’t know how to use” list?

I get that everyone wants to pull that sexy OP champ every time, but that ain’t happening.
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,684 ★★★★★
    Monk1 said:

RU11011 said:

My guy just called Angela "bad or unused". I'm hurt, truly hurt.

Monk1 said:

I don’t see starlord or x23 in my 6* crystals.. so u must be be playing different game anyways

Star-Lord was in a featured Cavalier crystal where he made his 6* debut. Unsure about X-23 though.
    The crystal was wrongly labelled. Show me an account where someone has a 6* SL. He would be game changing in abyss.. better than even Aegon
    OP is taking the June 2nd release into account.
  • MarvsbdMarvsbd Posts: 55
    Useful info. FYI Think you have missed off Wasp.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    U missed mephisto,wont b in good but not bad either
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Lists are subjective. Usefulness is also subjective. Just because they're not the absolute echelons of damage dealing doesn't mean that they're useless.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

In the console game world you progress through levels or content and get useful items, upgrades etc that will help you with the upcoming content. 6* Sentry or any other dud champ is useless in act 6.
    I don't enjoy opening 6* crystals.

You don't play many MMO games. Or looter games.

The amount of trash you still get while progressing or at the very end game, especially when you're min-maxing, is unreal.

• RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,684 ★★★★★
    RookieXX said:

FRITO_Man said:

Way too many champs in your unusable list. Some real dumb ones on there, too. More like a “I don’t know how to use” list?

I get that everyone wants to pull that sexy OP champ every time, but that ain’t happening.

Lmao would you want to pull Howard or joe Fixit? The truth is a truth. There are way too many older 2015-2016 champions that are unusable yet in the 6* pool. Yet we don't have god tier older champs like Hyperion or Quake who were both released(I think) in 2016.
    Archangel, Blade, Dr. Voodoo, Ghost Rider, Gwenpool, Hyperion, Iceman, Magik, Medusa, Quake, She Hulk, Stark Spiderman, OG Thor ..
    I forgot they're adding Iceman but yeah the point remains valid ..
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    You forgot Mephisto smh he's amazing in uc EQ cause he can just soul block stupid things. Also some of the bad champs aren't necessarily bad for a first 6*
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    Y_T said:

Realistically you should only rank 2 a 6* if you are also willing to eventually rank 3 them. Given rank 5 5* are usually better when sig ability is needed and not much worse when it is not, it is a waste of resources to rank 2 a 6* when you also have the 5* version.

If you take this into account you realise how bad the 6* pool is.

For example, I have 3 6* worth ranking up to 2. Aegon, void and domino. I have the resources to take all of them to r2 yet they are all r1. Why? The first 2 are unawakened and given I am not a whale, the size of the pool, and the rarity of 6* shards and crystals, it is not likely I will awaken them in the next year. As for domino, I have the 5* at rank 5 dupped so what is the point other than maybe placing the 5* in defence and using the 6* in attack. I am exploring the latter but it is not something that will improve my game experience.

So considering most people are in a similar situation, it just becomes pointless playing the game as there is no sight of progression. The annoying bit is that I have actually spent more money on this game than any other game before. And it feels like it has all gone to waste. When I buy a console or PC game, I spend a fraction of what I spent here and still am able to have some fun with it years later. With this it feels like I threw away all this money as I won't be able to play and have fun unless I keep paying. And you have to pay a lot. I mean they are asking for $50 for an 80% chance to get a 4* when even 5* are becoming irrelevant...

What a noob comment. I have 8 r2 champs just to use the resources (Corvus, domino, Omega, Kingpin, red skull, cable, vision Ark and Elsa). Whilst I won’t be hard pushed to r3 and unduped champ, r2 become normal about 6 months in game now resources are readily available.

In the long run this is better that just adding more r5 5* to roster.