**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is corvus any good

AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
without suicides? I pulled him as a 6*, lvld him and not very impressed so far. Compared to hype I just don't see him doing anything special. Am I wrong?

Comments

• AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★

He's great for AQ and AW but for anything like act 6.3 and beyond, he pretty much needs to be rank 2 and have full suicides to have enough reach for those health pools. If you add a cosmic power boost, he will cut through paths like its nothing.

@KingKevin8
    I don't really care about aw and aq, exploring act 6 atm. So should I r2 him without suicides?
  • DonrefreDonrefre Posts: 124 ★★

PS. If you want a better champ, try to get moleman, the "insane new skill corvus with bleed" or hit monkey, the other newer "insane new skill corvus with bleed"
    descriptions curtesy of @Lagacy

Exactly
  • OldmanJackOldmanJack Posts: 25
    One day a light bulb will light up and you will regret asking this question.
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    Aleor said:

He's great for AQ and AW but for anything like act 6.3 and beyond, he pretty much needs to be rank 2 and have full suicides to have enough reach for those health pools. If you add a cosmic power boost, he will cut through paths like its nothing.

@KingKevin8
    I don't really care about aw and aq, exploring act 6 atm. So should I r2 him without suicides?
    I don’t run suicides, and used my R2 Corvus for almost every single quest in Act 6. Just don’t get hit once his charges are used and in cooldown. It usually only takes one refresh on that and the champs are down

• Knation said:

Depending on where you are in the game 6:1 and below he will do fine without them however anything past that and not having them becomes a pain especially 6:3

i've heard he's good for abyss
  • Pete4ever_khanPete4ever_khan Posts: 193
    Corvus is a ramp-up champ. Like morningstar or aegon. But hes much simpler. Do 4 missions=gain 4 cruelties. He can be a damage dealer in some areas. The 4th mission needs proxima. To me is useful, but then i dont have any suicide 5* champs (omega, domino, blade, killmonguer )
    Worthy of rank 2? Maybe not. If you are exploring act 6 i assume ur act 5 is 100% and that would mean you must have a good roster.
    Try him out with at least 3 missions... he can hit hard. Whatch a couple of vids. But dont rank him yet
  • DonrefreDonrefre Posts: 124 ★★

Finally! Someone else who has R4 equivalent of Corvus without suicides and isn’t impressed. Mine hits like a bloody baby.
    3k crits with 1 charge. How freaking exciting.

#buffcorvus
    Etm34 said:

Aleor said:

KingKevin8
    I don’t run suicides, and used my R2 Corvus for almost every single quest in Act 6. Just don’t get hit once his charges are used and in cooldown. It usually only takes one refresh on that and the champs are down

@Etm34
    So even at 2+ charges without suicides you have to wait in cooldown?
    _ASDF_ said:

Aleor said:

KingKevin8

He’s great damage with a cosmic boost and suicides of course. Otherwise it’s just slow going. Hyperion at R5 is built for the health pools in act 6.

@_ASDF_
    Thanks, will leave him at r1 for now then. I already have r5 hype, domino and aegon, and all those are great for act 6. Looks like my expectations were too high.

Finally! Someone else who has R4 equivalent of Corvus without suicides and isn’t impressed. Mine hits like a bloody baby.

@Rockypantherx
    Exactly. Almost 4k with 4 charges. 80k with 20 hits, + 1 sp2 - not that much. Would be around 100-110k at r5 + sp2, but even in 6.1 opponents' hps is like 200k. His true strike with proxima is nice to have, but looks like I would always prefer to use r4 proxima over corvus
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    Aleor said:

@Rockypantherx
    Exactly. Almost 4k with 4 charges. 80k with 20 hits, + 1 sp2 - not that much. Would be around 100-110k at r5 + sp2, but even in 6.1 opponents' hps is like 200k. His true strike with proxima is nice to have, but looks like I would always prefer to use r4 proxima over corvus
    I’ve been saying this for years. Corvus needs suicides. Without them he’s borderline useless in any sort of high end content. He’s great with them, even better with boosters but it depends how much you invest

If you’re looking to run suicides in the future I would rank him up, if not, leave him at R1. Especially unawakened. Most of his utility is contained in that awakened ability. Another thing most people miss

• GraydroxGraydrox Posts: 413 ★★★
    edited May 2020

Aleor said:

@Rockypantherx
    I’ve been saying this for years. Corvus needs suicides. Without them he’s borderline useless in any sort of high end content. He’s great with them, even better with boosters but it depends how much you invest

If you’re looking to run suicides in the future I would rank him up, if not, leave him at R1. Especially unawakened. Most of his utility is contained in that awakened ability. Another thing most people miss

AQ/AW/Event quest. These are perpetual game modes (unlike high end content which is worthless after you beat it) that Corvus is an ace at. I'm sure most people spend more time and energy on these types of gameplay than the "high end content"

And saying most of his utility is contained in his awakened ability is bs. The true damage buff is a great piece of utility. Not to mention if you are running suicides and have willpower, he regenerates from the bleeds. Plus he has other immunities while his charges are up.
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    Aleor said:

Etm34 said:

Aleor said:

KingKevin8

@Etm34
    So even at 2+ charges without suicides you have to wait in cooldown?
    Sometimes yes. Once you hit 6.3-4, the health pools jump up to 300k.
    Graydrox said:

Aleor said:

@Rockypantherx

AQ/AW/Event quest. These are perpetual game modes (unlike high end content which is worthless after you beat it) that Corvus is an ace at. I'm sure most people spend more time and energy on these types of gameplay than the "high end content"
    Well what’s the point of those game modes if it isn’t to get resources to beat high end content. Most people want champions that will help them in all aspects of the game unless they have a very developed roster.

EQ can be steamrolled with most R4/R5’s so unless you’re going for a legends run I don’t see how Corvus is particularly valuable there.

AQ I’ll give you, he is useful for a lot paths across map 6/7 and the health pools tend to not be too bad

AW has moved on from Corvus. Most lanes aren’t Corvus friendly, especially not with Flow running around. We have 1 guy in our Tier 3 ally running Corvus in AW right now, and it’s similar in other BG’s.

Basically, Corvus isn’t all that ace in perpetual content and it’s extremely dependent
  • MeebletonMeebleton Posts: 552 ★★★

Aleor said:

@Rockypantherx

HI
  • GraydroxGraydrox Posts: 413 ★★★

Graydrox said:

Aleor said:

@Rockypantherx

Well what’s the point of those game modes if it isn’t to get resources to beat high end content. Most people want champions that will help them in all aspects of the game unless they have a very developed roster.

EQ can be steamrolled with most R4/R5’s so unless you’re going for a legends run I don’t see how Corvus is particularly valuable there.

AQ I’ll give you, he is useful for a lot paths across map 6/7 and the health pools tend to not be too bad

AW has moved on from Corvus. Most lanes aren’t Corvus friendly, especially not with Flow running around. We have 1 guy in our Tier 3 ally running Corvus in AW right now, and it’s similar in other BG’s.

Basically, Corvus isn’t all that ace in perpetual content and it’s extremely dependent
    Well you are in a different world than me because lots of people in my ally use Corvus for war. He's great for it. Get to special 2 and the enemy is dead. Every time. Super consistent.

But you are in a higher tier than me so I can see what you are saying.

And I have to disagree with you about the EQ point because most people aren't as good as you are at the game. Corvus is easy to use and deadly as hell. He will save many people lots of revives. Especially against the EQ bosses, which Corvus is usually great for.
  • M1k0rinM1k0rin Posts: 605 ★★
    If your main objective to complete and explore act 6, corvus isnt worth. Even in 6*r2 doing 6.1, i dont find him help that much compare my other champs. EXCEPT if in long term you want to rank him 6*r3, perhaps he'll become fun to play in act 6

I dont find corvus is impressive at 5*r4 or 6*r1, but after he goes to 6*r2 i find him enjoyable to play in aw n aq map 5.
    Graydrox said:

Graydrox said:

Aleor said:

@Rockypantherx

Well you are in a different world than me because lots of people in my ally use Corvus for war. He's great for it. Get to special 2 and the enemy is dead. Every time. Super consistent.

But you are in a higher tier than me so I can see what you are saying.

And I have to disagree with you about the EQ point because most people aren't as good as you are at the game. Corvus is easy to use and deadly as hell. He will save many people lots of revives. Especially against the EQ bosses, which Corvus is usually great for.
    Yeah, lower AW I imagine he's a unit for. Once you get to the higher map a lot of the nodes just don't favour him. For example, I take Path 2 the Path 1 and he would be butchered on both of my paths. And we have Flow, which is pretty much designed to counter Corvus

And on EQ, I don't think it's about skill. I just don't think he clears it any more effectively than other champions. And in relation to the OP, an unduped Corvus doesn't save revives, that's part of the underrated awakened ability.

I do understand people liking Corvus, especially with suicides and boosts. I just think there is a lot of undue hype around him without them. He shreds a lot of content, especially around Act 5 where the health pools are available to a R4/R5 without suicides. It's just once you get further in war/act content/variant content, I personally haven't found much use for him at all